Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGSxx83
He, Himself
Male

Loc: EARTH
Any danger in mescaline?
    #6257520 - 11/07/06 01:39 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I hear that mescaline is a very gentle psychodelic.

Ive heard it compared to the visuals of shrooms - without the confusion and mind fuck + the body high of E.

Shrooms are safe, besides the potential "bad trip" which can be hard emotionally (if the dosage and trauma is high enough, along with ba dsetting etc), BUT besides that, healthwise - from my understanding, if respected, and taken correctly - its safe.

what about mesc?
Erowid really doesnt have much, i would love a full FAQ on mesc and its effects.
How do you feel once the trip is over? are there any post effects? depression? etc...

please inform.

THANK YOU AMAZING SHROOMERY COMMUNITY!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeviate
Re: Any danger in mescaline? [Re: GSxx83]
    #6257535 - 11/07/06 01:43 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

shrooms aren't safe, just search this forum. we have reports of blackouts, seizures, hppd, temporary paralysis, excessive vommiting, vommiting blood and speech impediments.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#6257542 - 11/07/06 01:44 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

In my limited experience, it is very safe and totally awesome. Lasts much longer then mushrooms... Very wavy, guided, and healing. Didn't experience and extreme shifts, seems very stable... No depression here, my body was tired for sure...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineGSxx83
He, Himself
Male

Loc: EARTH
Re: Any danger in mescaline? [Re: Deviate]
    #6257554 - 11/07/06 01:48 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
shrooms aren't safe, just search this forum. we have reports of blackouts, seizures, hppd, temporary paralysis, excessive vommiting, vommiting blood and speech impediments.

Yes, there are always exceptions to the rule.
But generally, an average dosage of lets say 1-2 grams is safe.
Correct? They are not deadly or dangerous in a permanent sense. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #6257577 - 11/07/06 01:55 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:

some people don't know what seisures really are. i've never heard a doctor say that they cause seisures. i think sometimes they just make you twitch and stuff because you aren't used to the "body" effects. on a large dose of mushrooms someone might lay on the floor not moving and a doctor would say they are in a coma, but really they are just experiencing the inside world and are perfectly ok. blackouts aren't dangerous in themselves, that just means you don't remember what you did. only rarely do people do stupid things when blacked out, but it isn't the mushrooms that cause you to act a certain way... stupid blacked out people do stupid things and funny blacked out people do funny things. hppd isn't dangerous or even bad, i have it and don't mind. temporary paralysis is like the coma i said above. it can be paralyzingly hard to move when the entire world is morphing when you can even see it, but the inability to move is not dangerous.

how much vomiting is excessive? as long as you aren't hurt, it isnt excessive. vomiting blood doesn't make sense. did that happen? psilocybin can't cause bleeding

Edited by sleepy (11/07/06 02:00 PM)

OfflinegrimR
hippiousmaximous
Male User Gallery

Loc: North America
    #6257587 - 11/07/06 01:57 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't really compare the visuals to that of shrooms. The visuals of mesc are much more real than the dreamlike state shrooms put you in. As in to say that I looked at this puzzle on the wall and the dragon started to breath fire, ever so slowly, and to flap his wings. Nothing scary, but sometimes you don't even know your tripping anymore, which is unlike shrooms. The mindfuck is mild to say the least and comeup is slow and gentle as is the comedown.

--------------------
- grimR

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://egolost.com 
"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself."

- Don Juan teachings

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond Flag
Re: Any danger in mescaline? [Re: grimR]
    #6257619 - 11/07/06 02:07 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

No one has ever died of a mescaline overdose. It is arguably the safest drug out there, in terms of what the chemical does inside your body. Schultz reports of one unidentified and unconfirmable death related to mescaline which happened in a government sanctioned experiment where the subject was given the equivalent of 1000 grams intravaneously (sp?). That's not to say that you may not do something incredibly dumb and hurt yourself, but as others stated, mescaline is awesome and much less of a head trip/ mind fuck. Easy to control, even at high doses. Highly recommended.

As for after effects; your cheeks and stomach may hurt from excessive laughter, and you'll probably have a slight headache and be very tired after having tripped for 10-18 hours. Never experienced any depression.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Any danger in mescaline? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6257650 - 11/07/06 02:19 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

have some food ready, you won't want to be doing complex cooking

Edited by sleepy (11/07/06 02:21 PM)

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Any danger in mescaline? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6257700 - 11/07/06 02:36 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Brewmaster said:
No one has ever died of a mescaline overdose. It is arguably the safest drug out there, in terms of what the chemical does inside your body. Schultz reports of one unidentified and unconfirmable death related to mescaline which happened in a government sanctioned experiment where the subject was given the equivalent of 1000 grams intravaneously (sp?). That's not to say that you may not do something incredibly dumb and hurt yourself, but as others stated, mescaline is awesome and much less of a head trip/ mind fuck. Easy to control, even at high doses. Highly recommended.

As for after effects; your cheeks and stomach may hurt from excessive laughter, and you'll probably have a slight headache and be very tired after having tripped for 10-18 hours. Never experienced any depression.

im pretty sure that was with MDA, an unatural cousin to mescaline, and more closely related to mdma. Really sad tho, his family ended up settling with the government for some money though.

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Any danger in mescaline? [Re: 2859558484]
    #6257769 - 11/07/06 02:49 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

no mescaline definitely gives the body high similar to MDMA but its not as strong as an average dose. After all MDMA and Mescaline are both phenethylamine which have the same sorta body high as most other phenethylamine IMO. And good note to keep in mind Psychedelics are medically the safest psychoactive drugs out there. Sorta funny how for the most part the safe ones are illegal and the unsafe ones are legal.

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (11/07/06 02:52 PM)

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Any danger in mescaline? [Re: sleepy]
    #6257812 - 11/07/06 02:59 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sleepy said:
have some food ready, you won't want to be doing complex cooking

Hehehe... aint that the truth. My personal rule of thumb for all tripping really... especially since i fast some the day of, i always look foward to comin down and grubbin on my specially reserved comedown food. I personally like muffins or cereal on comedowns, off the motherfuckin chain!! :thumbup:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #6257831 - 11/07/06 03:04 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I hear that mescaline is a very gentle psychodelic.

Ive heard it compared to the visuals of shrooms - without the confusion and mind fuck + the body high of E.

you could say it's gentle, easier to handle than shrooms. the visuals are different from shrooms, but hard to explain how. less confusion and mindfuck and a good body high.

2 hour come up and the trip lasts a long time though! that can be a good thing but don't expect to sleep if you dose after 8 pm :wink:

enjoy man :laugh:

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
    #6257837 - 11/07/06 03:05 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i'm gonna try it whenever i get the chance, but i might have to search a journey for it. the clear mind sounds nice. thats a problem i sometimes had with mushrooms and acid. i had all these incredible thoughts and feelings, but i just didn't know how to take them all in and enjoy it all.

OfflineDeviate
Re: Any danger in mescaline? [Re: sleepy]
    #6258068 - 11/07/06 04:25 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sleepy said:
Quote:

Deviate said:

some people don't know what seisures really are. i've never heard a doctor say that they cause seisures.

here doctors say that mushrooms may cause seizures:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...l=pubmed_docsum

also, considering you didn't even correctly spell "seizure", i hardly think you are an expert on the topic.

Quote:

i think sometimes they just make you twitch and stuff because you aren't used to the "body" effects. on a large dose of mushrooms someone might lay on the floor not moving and a doctor would say they are in a coma, but really they are just experiencing the inside world and are perfectly ok.

no, a doctor would not say they were in a coma unless they were in a coma and if they were then there would be nothing incorrect about saying that.

Quote:

blackouts aren't dangerous in themselves, that just means you don't remember what you did. only rarely do people do stupid things when blacked out, but it isn't the mushrooms that cause you to act a certain way... stupid blacked out people do stupid things and funny blacked out people do funny things.

i meant to say passing out.

Quote:

hppd isn't dangerous or even bad, i have it and don't mind.

LOL did you ever think that some people DO mind?

Quote:

temporary paralysis is like the coma i said above. it can be paralyzingly hard to move when the entire world is morphing when you can even see it, but the inability to move is not dangerous.

no, im talking about actual paralysis. for example, on bluelight there is someone who experienced severe paralysis of the face, lips, jaw and oral cavity that prevented him from eating and drinking. he would have died without medical treatment.

Quote:

how much vomiting is excessive? as long as you aren't hurt, it isnt excessive. vomiting blood doesn't make sense. did that happen? psilocybin can't cause bleeding

how do you know it cant't? here's one of the threads that report it happening:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6126603/an/0/page/17

Edited by Deviate (11/07/06 04:26 PM)

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #6258203 - 11/07/06 04:57 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I guess I would say a benefit mescaline has is that it tends to be more emotionally centered than mushrooms (not as much rollercoaster), and it has more of a positive vibe. The way it comes on is very gentle and gradual as well so you don't get panicky. I think it is alot more visual compared to other effects than mushrooms.

The nuetral effects are that it lasts a long as time and can be a little speedy and fatigueing unlike the mushroom which are more sleepy.

It is more lucid and thoughts stay a bit more linear, but I feel it isn't as obviously mentally interesting (or perhaps just more subtle). It seems more emotional/physical/visual.

Psychologically it is probobly more safe than mushrooms if you are worried about that, and although it is probobly harder on your body nobody has ever had a lethal dose to my knowledge. I've gotton a little lingering mild visual effects from it at high doses but they went away in a few months.

Here is a link to another description I've made of mescaline in a different thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post6159800

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6258204 - 11/07/06 04:57 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

actually when my friend closes her eyes on mushrooms the CEV's she has are so intense she starts to convulse. Btw driving in the peak of a mesc trip could kill you such as a tree bending over on the road and you trying not to hit it just dont drive on it and you should be pretty safe and in conjuction with meds it can be unsafe.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Edited by thedudenj (11/07/06 04:59 PM)

InvisibleTheEnd
Strange Daze

Re: Any danger in mescaline? [Re: thedudenj]
    #6258298 - 11/07/06 05:17 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Driving under the influence of almost any substance is just stupid...so that wouldn't be death by substance, it would be death by stupidity.

:peace:

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Any danger in mescaline? [Re: TheEnd]
    #6258300 - 11/07/06 05:18 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

exactly

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #6258528 - 11/07/06 06:06 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Perhaps this chart can help you.

It shows the ratios of fatal dose to effective dose in several illegal and legal drugs.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlineminesstudent
Who knows?
Male

Re: Any danger in mescaline? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #6258601 - 11/07/06 06:20 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

There's no units on that chart. Is it suppose to be relative doses?

--------------------
"The universe is the way it is because if it wasn't we wouldn't be here to talk about it"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract