Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
clone care!
    #5353039 - 03/01/06 10:29 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I took clones from plants the day before I turned the lights on 12/12. This was my first attempt and it is now two days later and the clones look alright but i was wondering, what kind of care should I give them until they are rooted?

They are sitting in a 50% perlite 50%vermiculite mix in a chamber of RH 40-50%. Do I water now and then or what? Thanks guys and gals

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: clone care! [Re: TODAY]
    #5353177 - 03/01/06 11:06 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Keep the soil moist but not soggy and keep the humidity where it is or just a little higher and they should be fine. Misting them once in a while helps too.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: clone care! [Re: peruvian spark]
    #5353206 - 03/01/06 11:17 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I like to mix up a low helping of some foliar feed, ie:seaweed extract, fish emulsion, there are tons. Right now the plant is using all the avaliable nutes for rooting and is leaching from the plant.

I have found that adding a small supplement like this gives the old growth a chance to stay green a little while longer, happy gardening :sun:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: clone care! [Re: Kerr]
    #5358107 - 03/02/06 03:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

AFAIK clones are not supposed to be watered for fear of rotting.
the grow medium should be moist not wet!
as soon as the plant can take water in it's supposed to be transfered to soil...
the idea is making perfect conditions for the forming of roots while trying to avoide moisture loss in the clone
roots need oxygen as well as water and i think that's why it's best to not water clones

good luck

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: clone care! [Re: Simisu]
    #5361921 - 03/03/06 03:09 PM (18 years, 30 days ago)

i think i have overwatered :frown:

it was my first attempt so i didn't think i'd be a god at the method yet.  major droopage and some yellowing of the lower leaves at day 5 :frown:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: clone care! [Re: TODAY]
    #5362884 - 03/03/06 08:31 PM (18 years, 30 days ago)

clone to rock wool after dipping water and rooting powder or jel then stick in a wet rockwool then you take a 2Liter soda bottle and then cut it in half then cut a strip about.25 inch wide in the lower half to within an inch of the bottles cylinder.
then just out the clones in bottom and slip the bottle with lid on and oplace in your clone area
keeps the clones humid and they ususally love it.

--------------------

OI OI OI

OfflineOregonGreenThumb
MushroomHunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portland OR.
Re: clone care! [Re: MrMolotov]
    #6254008 - 11/06/06 03:28 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MrMolotov said:
clone to rock wool after dipping water and rooting powder or jel then stick in a wet rockwool then you take a 2Liter soda bottle and then cut it in half then cut a strip about.25 inch wide in the lower half to within an inch of the bottles cylinder.
then just out the clones in bottom and slip the bottle with lid on and oplace in your clone area

This guy is on the right track.....  Get some rock wool... And while your there, get yourself a 5.00 clone dome.... I take my cuttings the day that I switch them into my flowering room... I use rock wool, I of course use rooting compound. Just mist the inside of the dome once a day.... Keep them under some light (I have T-5's) and in about a week... BLAMO!, you have rooted clones.... :thumbup:

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: clone care! [Re: OregonGreenThumb]
    #6256729 - 11/07/06 08:46 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

how long after rooting do you move them into the flowering room?

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: clone care! [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6257296 - 11/07/06 12:35 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

You can move them right away if you want. As long as the roots are established the plant will flower. But the longer you let it veg the stronger the root system will develop, and the better off the plant will be during flowering.

I just planted 2 clones yesterday after about a week and a half of sitting in my temporary cloner. The roots just exploded. I mean these things had big rootballs for how small the clones were. So I moved them into their final soil pots and not half an hour later the top sets of leaves shriveled. I put a dome over each of them to trap some moisture in and they're doing better now.
Is there a certain amount of time you have to keep them humid after planting them in soil? I thought they would for sure draw up whatever they needed since the soil was nice and moist.

Edited by DNKYD (11/07/06 12:38 PM)

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: clone care! [Re: OregonGreenThumb]
    #6257381 - 11/07/06 01:02 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OregonGreenThumb said:
Quote:

MrMolotov said:

This guy is on the right track.....  Get some rock wool... And while your there, get yourself a 5.00 clone dome.... I take my cuttings the day that I switch them into my flowering room... I use rock wool, I of course use rooting compound. Just mist the inside of the dome once a day.... Keep them under some light (I have T-5's) and in about a week... BLAMO!, you have rooted clones.... :thumbup:

Personally i like using peat pellets more because they don't need to be PH balanced, are a bit easier to work with, and are cheap as fuck.  Went out and spent about 3 dollars on a humidity dome and seedling tray and man has that made such a difference.  My clones rooted so fast that i went away for 2 days and when i cam back the roots had shot out the sides of the pellets a couple of inches!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds