Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineWronguy
Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President
    #6246472 - 11/04/06 09:43 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?story..._vice_president

Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President

Coke snorting supermodel Kate Moss was today urged to spend five minutes with the victims of Colombia's illegal drugs trade, the country's vice president said today.

Francisco Santos said coke snorting celebrities like Pete Doherty and Kate Moss were glamorising drugs and directly financing his country's violent drug-fuelled civil conflict.

Speaking at the launch of a Colombian advertising campaign funded by money used form illegal drug busts and designed to change liberal European attitudes to their booming cocaine habit.

He said: "To me it's baffling, that somebody who helps cause so much pain in Colombia is doing better than ever and winning more contracts than ever.

"And I never once heard her say.'I'm sorry'. When in Columbia policemen, judges, journalists, common men and women are dying everyday because of [cocaine consumption] that hurts.

"I don't want to trivialise the issue by mentioning her [Kate Moss] name, but I do think people in that sort of position have an obligation to act responsibly.

"I'd like Miss Moss to spend five minutes with the women who are victims of Columbia's drug trafficking, so that she understands that that thing that she thinks harms no one has a huge impact on real human life.

"I don't want to personalise this campaign by mentioning specific names because there are millions of people who are taking cocaine, but we need to stop this tendency we see among liberal Europeans to look at cocaine just as a source of amusement.

"Every gram of cocaine snorted is a line tainted in blood. Every line they inhale has blood behind it.

"Kate Moss is just an example of that. I couldn't say she has blood on her hands, but she is an illustration of this attitude.

"I wasn't surprised that her career took off after she was caught taking drugs, it's an example of how people don't see just what a bad thing cocaine is.

"We don't want this to be a blame and shame game. We need to work together hand in hand to solve this problem."

Two young victims of the effects of drug trafficking also criticised the liberal European attitude towards drug use.

Natalia Rodriguez, 21, was kidnapped with her father and her uncle when she was 16. She was among 15 people taken from the Miraflores building in Neiva, in July 2001.

She was held captive by the FARC drug terrorist group for three years and three months. She is now living in Bogota, the Colombian capital, and studying law.

She said: "Drugs have two effects, the first is that the money made contributes to the violence that Colombians have to live through every single day. And the second is the effect you see in Europe, where it is taken for enjoyment.

"My message to Europeans who don't understand the consequences of drug taking is that they must understand that every time they take cocaine there will be an innocent victim.

"People who take these drugs have blood on their hands.

"Europeans must think about the thousands of Colombians who are suffering everyday just so they can enjoy a party drug. It is not just Kate Moss and the celebrities we see in the newspapers, there are millions of people taking cocaine everyday."

Paola Carrillo, 17, is a survivor of a car bomb in a Columbian social club.

She was in the El Nogal Club on Friday February 7, 2003, when she was just 13. She was in the club with her father, her nine year-old brother, Juan Sebastian, and her best friend Ana Maria Londono.

Juan Sebastian and Ana Maria were two of the 36 victims of the terrorist act committed by FARC.

She said: "We were in the club. I remember putting down my drink and then there was a blank. I woke up and there was chaos.

"My father was lying in front of me unconscious, but still breathing, and my best friend was dead.

"I was pulled out by a rescue team and had to leave them all behind. I never saw my little brother or best friend again.

"This was allowed to happen because of the global demand for drugs. The drugs trade is a disgusting one.

"It causes thousands of people in Columbia alone to lose their families and friends, and the worst thing is that the people who use the drugs have no understanding of how evil they are.

"I urge them to understand just what they are putting us through. Myself I would never ever take any form of drug because I know how evil they are. I urge any European to see the effects their actions are having."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: Wronguy]
    #6247021 - 11/04/06 12:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

All that shit wouldn't matter if it were legal.

OfflineEternitys_Child
Gorilla
Male

Loc: Chinatown Houston
Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6247203 - 11/04/06 01:18 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dihnekis said:

word

Invisibleelsig
Knowledgespeaks, wisdom listens
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the beach
Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: Eternitys_Child]
    #6247381 - 11/04/06 02:06 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

why should kate moss be the one to apoligize, thats just retardet. and yes none of this shit would matter if it was legal

OfflineButterWeasels
Forum Lurker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Saskatchewan
Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: Eternitys_Child]
    #6247403 - 11/04/06 02:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Eternitys_Child said:
Quote:

Dihnekis said:

word

true, but instead the whole world would face a cocaine epidemic. why dont we go to columbia with out strongest army in the world and crush them? because advanced nations need cocaine to dumb down the population and make money off of it. and they would rather gain some oil instead of fixing a problem.

--------------------
-==Classic Cakes Log==-

OfflineNgalyod
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: ButterWeasels]
    #6247483 - 11/04/06 02:33 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ButterWeasels said:
Quote:

Eternitys_Child said:
Quote:

Dihnekis said:

word

true, but instead the whole world would face a cocaine epidemic.

What the? On what basis do you purport this supposition my good sir?

Truth be told we are already, and have already faced, and will be facing, regardless, cocaine "epidemics." All legalizing it would do is take the money out of the criminal elements (including the government, hence criminal).

Taking into consideration Amsterdam, I'd hazard an assumption and put forward that use levels would remain relatively the same with a slight surge in interest around the time of legalization that would eventually die off.

If I want a drug I can find a drug, just as easily as if it were legal. So if it were legal it wouldn't change much for me.

My two cents anyway.

Offlinetallmonkey
Orgoknight
Male

Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: Ngalyod]
    #6247730 - 11/04/06 04:17 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i dont want it legal cause then i wont make much money.. get what im saying dawg. I am tied in with the legal system of america and i got my boys over in columbia giving my sum prime white. Youll never get it legallized HAHAHAHA. seriously though thats whats goin on just not me

Offlinemycotard
Tard
 User Gallery
Loc: wherever
Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: tallmonkey]
    #6248195 - 11/04/06 07:17 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

word. the prohibition of narcotics is a step forward in my opinion. if innocent people die and an economy is created, where those who wish to be successful need only be ruthless, that's fine with me. if drug users, and those who peddle it, end up in the legal system, instead of the health care system where they should end up, that's also fine with me. this is just a necessary step that will contribute to the overall decay of societies and misery of people everywhere.

hell, lets not stop there, we haven't even started getting absolutely maniacal about it yet. lets outlaw abortion AND procreation! let's outlaw life, unless approved by a supreme person like G.W. Bush.

if it's crazy to spread death and misery,
then i don't wanna be sane..

--------------------
dude, that lowcrawler is smokin all ur shit bro!!!

whoa, that aint my shit bro. It's yours!!!

OfflinexNerox
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Katy, Tx
Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: mycotard]
    #6248235 - 11/04/06 07:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Legalization is not the end all for the problems with narcotics guys. Let's use our brains a little and realize there is more to this than just that.

Sure legalization of CERTAIN but NOT ALL narcotics would ease some of the societial burden but you would still be left with the health problems as well. Let's face it, there are VERY slim uses for cocain in a responsible manner. It is very unhealthy and it would be extremely wreckless to unleash that on the public.

Marjuiana is one of the FEW substances that I whole heartidly support the legalization of. Ecstasy is one of the other but it's pretty unhealthy in its own right but does have some qualities that could do some good.

Cocain and cocaine by products(crack etc.) just don't fit that bill. Sure, it's fun but on a society level it's just not smart.

It's all about knowledge guys. Educate the public on the ACTUAL effects of the drug. Don't just spew propoganda becuase people will not respond. Have you seen someone strung out for a week on coke with no sleep? I have and it's fucked. What about crack? You ever seen a guy smoke crack rock after crack rock? If not, watch a documentary. These drugs are not like pot were we don't have to worry about an OD or getting shit cut with draino. These drugs are dangerous and I honestly think if this society educated its public rather than trying to brainwash them things would be different and people could be trusted to make their own decisions in life.

Edited by xNerox (11/04/06 09:32 PM)

OfflineShrm420
Stranger
Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: xNerox]
    #6248332 - 11/04/06 08:31 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Shit like the Colombian government is doing SOOOOOOOOO much to curb cocaine production. Please.

Offlinefrostbitten
Strange
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: Wronguy]
    #6248373 - 11/04/06 08:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Who the fuck does Kate Moss influence enough to get started on coke? Good friends and personal choices have mostly been my reasons for trying/doing drugs. If anything, Kate Moss, and celebrities like her, are just giving fair contrast to the government's harsh "fuck the druggies" policy.

--------------------
my.web dev

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: ButterWeasels]
    #6248408 - 11/04/06 09:06 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ButterWeasels said:
Quote:

Eternitys_Child said:
Quote:

Dihnekis said:

word

true, but instead the whole world would face a cocaine epidemic.

negative.
once tolerance and acceptance are created, the drug will be understood by all, and the experience of all can be freely shared and put to work toward stopping cocaine problems.

Victims will no longer be ignored or left nowhere to turn.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#6248450 - 11/04/06 09:31 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

xNerox said:
Legalization is not the end all for the problems with narcotics guys. Let's use our brains a little and realize there is more to this than just that.

Sure legalization of CERTAIN but NOT ALL narcotics would ease some of the societial burden but you would still be left with the help problems as well. Let's face it, there are VERY slim uses for cocain in a responsible manner. It is very unhealthy and it would be extremely wreckless to unleash that on the public.

Cocain and cocaine by products(crack etc.) just don't fit that bill. Sure, it's fun but on a society level it's just not smart.

It's all about knowledge guys.

It is all about knowledge. Step back. Look at the big picture.

angle A:
Cocaine is illegal, it is a huge risk to take socially. It is so socially hidden that the real dangers are often a mystery to new kids on the scene.

How many of them do you think would have started if the actual facts of the habit were known? (not just the 'drugs are bad' line)

angle B:
All too often people get into the habit way over their head, they need their fix and will do whatever it takes to get that.

The options now: sell your body, sell drugs, steal

If cocaine were legal social assistance would be available. Free low dose coke. Crazy idea huh?

But I bet less of our people would have to fuck people without knowing their names.

angle C:
people who take coke, know they want to take coke.
I do not know one person who has stopped doing coke over a little trip to prison.

angle D:
I own my own body. It is my right to put into it what I will.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #6248544 - 11/04/06 10:09 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

xNerox said:

Sure legalization of CERTAIN but NOT ALL narcotics would ease some of the societial burden but you would still be left with the health problems as well. Let's face it, there are VERY slim uses for cocain in a responsible manner. It is very unhealthy and it would be extremely wreckless to unleash that on the public.

Marjuiana is one of the FEW substances that I whole heartidly support the legalization of. Ecstasy is one of the other but it's pretty unhealthy in its own right but does have some qualities that could do some good.

It's all about knowledge guys. Educate the public on the ACTUAL effects of the drug. Don't just spew propoganda becuase people will not respond. Have you seen someone strung out for a week on coke with no sleep? I have and it's fucked. What about crack? You ever seen a guy smoke crack rock after crack rock? If not, watch a documentary. These drugs are not like pot were we don't have to worry about an OD or getting shit cut with draino. These drugs are dangerous and I honestly think if this society educated its public rather than trying to brainwash them things would be different and people could be trusted to make their own decisions in life.

Yeah, that's exactly what happens when it's illegal. The drugs can be cut with anything, and they become even more dangerous because they can't be tested or monitored by a responsible agency like we do with food or pharmaceuticals.

True, people would still be addicted- just as they are now. And drugs will always cause harm as long as people are using them. But the fact of the matter is that Prohibition only makes it worse by driving it all underground. If addicts could get help without stigmas holding them back, and users were assured of pure drugs that could be measured so that it wouldn't be easy to accidentally overdose or be exposed to toxic chemicals, then we would solve some of the most pressing issues of drugs in one fell swoop. The rest we could deal with by using education, treatment and society-wide help for addicts, so that even if an addict didn't stop, it would still be possible for him or her to stay as healthy as possible and participate in society without blowing all their money on coke. The expenses of illegal drugs and their unpredictability are some of the biggest problems facing addicts, problems directly caused by the drug laws.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineNgalyod
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: Ravus]
    #6248596 - 11/04/06 10:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

All excellent points. And the prohibition and legalization of alcohol back in the day makes a compelling case study.

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Loc: NewYork
Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: Ngalyod]
    #6249926 - 11/05/06 12:25 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Thats such a load of bullshit. There will alway be a drug problem, there will always be violence. Picking someone out of the crowd who does it is bull shit. Yeah its sad, but thats life and drugs and violence is a part of it. Its not like shes the one dealing it. That pisses me off, picking her out of the crowd cuz shes famous. But whatever, thats life and hearing some sad drug victims story isnt gona change one thing. What a stupid article!

OfflinexNerox
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Katy, Tx
Re: Kate Moss condemned by Colombian Vice President [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6255346 - 11/06/06 08:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:
angle A:
Cocaine is illegal, it is a huge risk to take socially. It is so socially hidden that the real dangers are often a mystery to new kids on the scene.

How many of them do you think would have started if the actual facts of the habit were known? (not just the 'drugs are bad' line)

I 100% agree. Knowledge is power and the government knows that. That is why the use propoganda to "brainwash" the public to agree with them. If they actually educated the public like I said in my previous post then things would be different.

It doesn't however have anything to do with the legalization debate though. Either way, legal or not, the knowledge should be out there.

angle B:
All too often people get into the habit way over their head, they need their fix and will do whatever it takes to get that.

The options now: sell your body, sell drugs, steal

If cocaine were legal social assistance would be available. Free low dose coke. Crazy idea huh?

That is a completely ridiculous idea. Providing the substance to an addict for any price is idiotic. You forget that cocaine is NOT like a cigeratte addiction. You cannot just snort and snort and snort all day everyday and live too long. It is very harmful even in it's purest form. Definetly not a good idea and I don't see how anyone could think it was.

Not only that but it would be a drain on our society as well. Yet again the normal tax payer would have to provide an extremely harmful substance to those who contribute nothing back to society. Obviously they don't and won't keep a job so they are just purely being a drain that is not needed and could be avoided.

But I bet less of our people would have to fuck people without knowing their names.

angle C:
people who take coke, know they want to take coke.
I do not know one person who has stopped doing coke over a little trip to prison.

Good for them, forever that doesn't mean it should be legalized. Atleast going to prison we don't have to worry about angle B above.(stealing from family, robbing stores, selling their bodies, etc.) I do however think that they should be treated for their addiction and not to prison.(depending on the circumstance of course. Having a violent crime record etc..)

angle D:
I own my own body. It is my right to put into it what I will.

You are right our bodies are our own but why does that make you feel like your government should provide and support a substance that have no good social effects and would only put even more of a drain on our economy? I fail to see your case for legalization in any sense.

Yes, you make it clear help should be provided but shouldn't that be done whether or not the substance was legal already
?
quote]

Edited by xNerox (11/06/06 08:51 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates