Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: Boycott the Vendors! [Re: gorgebush]
    #626166 - 05/10/02 07:50 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

personally, i dont think boycotting would do any good. now maybe if thor implemented a 0% tolerance to flames ( as i think from what ive been seeing, he has done GO THOR N MODS) give em a warning, second chance, suspend posting privilages, 3rd, or maybe 4th offense, ban from the site. it may hurt the the check book here, but for every vender we lose, im sure at least 1 would take his/her place... i know it sounds harsh, specially since a lot of venders have been here a long time , but if they continue to flame and act juvinile, after knowing the consequences, then THEY are making the decision, not thor, not the mods, not the noobs, they will have done it to themselves. sure they can change their name, get a new website, but it takes awhile to build trust. and sales would not be like it was for them, for quite awhile. if they want to risk it, fine, it's their wallet getting thin.
and about them making money on spores???? c'mon, we ALL party, maybe have different drugs of choice, but ..... ya ever walk into a bar, and bitch cuz a beer cost a buck, and you can buy a case for 15? or have a "freind" hook up with a pound of killer ganj, and bitch cuz he aint selling you a OZ for cost???
this sacred shit is bullshit, shrooms are drugs, just like smoke, and X,and booze,and,and,and...... you dont wanna buy it, find you a cow pasture, and have at it bud, hmmmm now your gonna need a chemical supply house that is gonna sell you petri's and agar AT COST...

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrippinRhino
addict

Loc: TX
Re: Boycott the Vendors! [Re: World Spirit]
    #726714 - 07/06/02 02:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I will put my .02 in here. I also see both sides! I do not feel the vendors need to be banned form the site, I mean...at one point or another each of us depended on a vendor to get our 'spore collection' started. Above all, I have ALWAYS been ashamed of the twisted little soap opera that we call the 'spore vendors'. It is about the most disgusting thing related to shrooms. I agree with Se?ior in the fact that this behavior is NOT shroomy! There IS one vendor I have never found in the mosh pit. This was apparent to me long ago. For that reason you can refer to the URL below....AND i have to conceed that MushMush also seems to follow the same pattern of good behavior. Most of the time I avoid this forum all together because I do not want to read the lastest episode of "Days of Our Lives". Not ALL the Vendors are bad ALL the time. I think the time is waaay past due for them to shape up or ship the the f**k on out....And because I did not mention you (vendors out there) does not mean I am saying you are the root of the prob. i have only chosen to mention establishments for which I have specific praise in this tangled web of Jackassery.....

TR

--------------------
All rhinos are endangered species...save the rhinos

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Boycott the Vendors! [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #726909 - 07/06/02 04:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a newbie here, so I realize what I say matters very little but I am going to interject my opinion anyway. We have a forum for vendors right? A lot more people should be using it for feedback for the Vendors. You have a good experience with a vendor, post it. You have a crappy one, post it. If you've got a vendor that is causing some bad shit in the community either be it by bad overall business or posting names & addresses, let it be known. Intelligent people will stop doing business with them all together. I would imagine that this is is already implemented, and I realize that this site needs the money from advertisers to stay up, but what about allowing only the good businesses to advertise here? Could some sort of rating system be put up that is similar to eBay's with feedback ratings and comments or something? I think there is a lot which could be done about the bad vendors, and some good which could be done for the good folks out there. Run properly it could be a win-win situation for everybody. But as it has been said, boycotting is not the answer. Reputable vendors are just like any other business and should be treated as so. Unless we feel like going back to bartering or trading clams, let the good business prosper, and the poor ones fail. Capitalism at it's best, but it relys on the participation of the community.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

OfflineKingBolete
enthusiast

Loc: Gulf Coast
Re: Boycott the Vendors! [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #727251 - 07/06/02 07:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey there,

1. Good common sense will tell you that the health and livelyhood of this domain and it's associate discussion forum is directly attributable to funds received from the vendor community.
2. The vendors in this online community are actually much friendlier, customer service oriented and add a nice human touch compare to some of the other "alternative" forums...trust me they are much better than the average Internet vendor. They are also not intrusive to my knowledge but definitely are human so don't expect the IBM totally pro salesforce machine mentality in this arena (not that IBM is bad...I like IBM personally). Nobody likes to tread on...
3. Personally until I would prefer to deal with the vendors as a newbie just for the sake of clarity and peace of mind...I think that issue is sorta moot. I am leary of intruding on anyone's space much looking for "things" so the vendors are the obvious and irreplaceable choice.
4. The competition between the vendors is generally shown in quality of service. I think I have tried almost everyone here and they all have easily outperformed most of the mainstream vendors I have dealt with on the Internet in terms of quality of product, speed and correctness of order processing and just overall goodness. Generally in this community if it is coming from somewhere in the lower 48 and it takes more than three days to get to you, they probably aren't in business here anymore.
5. Overall I say the vendors rock and am glad to have made their acquaintance and done some deals with them. Thanks vendors!!!

Best regards,

KingBolete

PS Thanks to Road for being a good moderator and shroom "do it to it" data source also...thanks Road...I don't know you but you are all growed up...

OfflineMeneerCactus
Ex Operator FSRE
 User Gallery
Loc: The Low Lands
    #727787 - 07/06/02 10:47 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

Fuck them all, lookin to make a quick buck on the sacred fungus

I still have to meet a vendor that is stinking rich, if I meet him I will ask how he feels about making so much money on a sacred product.
In fact we all need to provide money for the hungry mouth to feed. I rather see a vendor then a soldier, a president or something else completely worthless.
I thought that shrooms could bring peace. Isn't that the most importent thing of all.

I won a contest on the shroomery, a free print choise! It was stamped with a 5$ stamp and a nice box. Who is making money?

In reply to:

The whole lot of you seem like a bunch of smelly assholes.

Well you talked about Jezus too, where is your christianity, where did the love go?

Than you told about evil in a later post. Evil connected with something Jezus told you. Well my friend Evil existy only because love does. It realy the same thing in fact. All is needed to have a complete and meaning full life.

I do admit that vendors sometimes make a mesh of things and even personally sent out hell wishes by pm. But are they not humans 2? It are vendors no gods.

To make an end to the stupid vendor bullshit I have the intention to through in a free print to change the ''bad" post into somehing loving full. But then even non vendors kill the peace. It is bad to see that this can be a mod 2.

Well i like the vendor forum so much, I love to see them act as fools, pure amusement. And i can understand the way you want to protect the Shroomery.

Good luck with your action

--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

Offlinebigslick
science fictionwriter

Loc: just behind you
    #728370 - 07/07/02 04:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

senor dobbie did you start growing shrooms with or without using a vendor?

think about it...how do most people get into shroom growing

very few people would get into shroom growing if vendors were not around

--------------------

Everything I write is a total work of fiction

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
Re: Boycott the Vendors! [Re: bigslick]
    #756438 - 07/18/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This all shit makes growing too easy. In my time, I had to do it much harder, than it is now. So, we need new laws that will forbide spores to protect saintness of growing hoby.

InvisibleJohan Shultz
no title

Loc: UTOPIA
Re: Boycott the Vendors! [Re: Crobih]
    #776361 - 07/25/02 02:52 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Crobih is 100% right!!!! Once we got an internet, then "Sroomery", bunch of idiots(they think they are bussinesmen) think that they can make a quick buck?!?!?! No fucking way!!! The only thing you can do is to attract the attantion of all kinds of law inforcement(what happened to SALVIA). You will see, that one day spores will be illigal in this country...just don't forget to thank our great vendors.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale