Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
A terarium/casing idea
    #625315 - 05/03/02 01:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

AFOF has a very tight budget at this point, the little money he has is going to be invested in a fish tank heater for his incubator!!!! Now he already has the MMGG tererium set up with an ultrasonic humidefire to keep it nice and humid; but after he studied casing's from the most realible web document's out there for month's he decided it was best to skip the PF tek and shoot for the moon!!!!!! Well his probablem is that his tererium is way to small to hold casing's, it can hold, I'd say about 6-8 half pint cake's; but it was the biggest one he could find in his area at the time; not to shabby considering he got it in the middle of winter( yes he has been planning on growing for a very long time; but he was to lazy but now he's got every thing he need's except his syrenge's for the spore print's he has and the fish tank heater I mentioned at the begining)!!!! Anyway his idea was was that he could double his terarium for one big ass casing tray (just cover it up so it will be in the dark to colonize casing of course!!!!!!!!

Shrooms are great, by the way DEA every thing I say is false so suck my dick!!!!!!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: A terarium/casing idea [Re: The_Mushroom_God]
    #625357 - 05/03/02 02:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sure you can do that just cover up the sides and or bottom if its clear so no light gets in other wise yuol haue mushies popin up where you don't want em they can rot an spoil the rest o yer casing,just crunble ter cakes or what ever ancase with your media of choice .MEW ps sorry meant to say only cover up to the depth of your casing,leave the rest clear also duct tape er black paint contact paper all are good to block out the light.

support the FSR

Edited by mew (05/03/02 02:19 AM)

User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: A terarium/casing idea [Re: The_Mushroom_God]
    #625503 - 05/03/02 07:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I thought about doing that once but i'm afraid of contams. Imagine your big ass casing with all your collonized jars getting contaminated? All the work and $ thrown away and no shrooms. Don't carry all your eggs in the same bag!
You can get some cheap tupperware containers that are tall enough to hold the substrate and casing and still have vertical space for shroomies to grow. Use saran wrap (not tightly) instead of the lid when fruiting. If you have some overgrown mushies they wil lift the saran wrap. Don't forget to fan at least 2-3 times a day.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation