Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemipa
glutton forpunishment
Female User Gallery

Loc: are you kidding
casing vs cake in grams- my first experiances
    #6250933 - 11/05/06 06:30 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I had 14 cakes- I did everything to the cakes to see if anything improved yield.  These are pf half pint, with rye flour (couldn't find brf at walmart) and vermiculite.  B+ strain, incubator was a tit set at 85, fc was a tit with a tropic air for air exchange and hydroton for humidity help.  Fanned every now and then maybe twice a day. FC temp 74/ rh 95% indirect sunlight just left shade up during the day.
I dunked everything.
I left a couple alone after dunk
I dunked and rolled
I dunked and set on wet verm.
I cased top and bottom with wet verm.
and I took one cake and crumbled it and cased it in vermiculite- layered moist vermiculite on bottom/ crumbled cake and topped off with probably 1/4 inch of verm on top

nothing fancy just cause I am a noob and I didn't want anything too complex.

EVERY single cake gave me the same yield on all flushes- within .2-.3 grams!  Didn't matter what I did they all gave me a little over 3 grams first flush, 3 grams second flush, 2 grams third flush (dry weight).

The casing on the other hand has given me 8.5 dry grams first flush and second flush still to come.  I know for a casing this is nothing but it was my first and I used what I had on hand... which happened to be verm.  There are more mushies growing and I think the second flush will be equal to the first.

So I guess this is just another post telling you noobs that casing gives you more yield for your effort ime.  one flush gave me what normally takes 3 flushes... 3 flushes takes at least 2-2.5 weeks of your time.  I will now be switching to casings.
:discodance: casings are cool

--------------------
mipa

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedrfting07
Stranger

Re: casing vs cake in grams- my first experiances [Re: mipa]
    #6250947 - 11/05/06 06:35 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

very cool thread. Glad u had success' Keep growin and next time maybe try rye berries, coco coir and vermiculite casing or maybe horse poo. let us know how it all works out and enjoy ur mushies

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mongolia
Re: casing vs cake in grams- my first experiances [Re: drfting07]
    #6250958 - 11/05/06 06:40 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

great thread....thanks for sharing.  This is great to know.  Please keep us posted, and pics if possible.  Share the wealth!  I'm in a similar situation, and hope to be able to report such stellar results....congrats man!! :rockon:  :gethigh:

--------------------
Its all about perspective.....spend more time "being, less time "doing"

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: casing vs cake in grams- my first experiances [Re: mipa]
    #6251018 - 11/05/06 07:01 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've done around 3000 1/2 pints PF style over the years.Have average 3 to 4 dry grams per cake. Some have been up to 8 grams. This was with rye grass seed and rye flour mix. BRF did not produce as good of potency(IMO).

I have produced up to 14 grams dry on cakes using horse poo water and rye grass seed and great potency. However I had a 50 to 60 % contam rate with this method.

Keep experimenting.

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: casing vs cake in grams- my first experiances [Re: KaptKid]
    #6251031 - 11/05/06 07:04 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

:hehehe:  :hehehe:

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mongolia
Re: casing vs cake in grams- my first experiances [Re: Blutjager]
    #6251075 - 11/05/06 07:14 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

hahahahaha...I fucking luv it....grimacing away.....don't ya just freakin bow to them cakes....hahahahaha...too funny....they work man....they work....yep there's better, but they work...hahahahahaha

--------------------
Its all about perspective.....spend more time "being, less time "doing"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck