Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemistertoadstool
amateurmycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: The MOON!
sporeless sporocarps? (with pics)
    #6250515 - 11/05/06 03:38 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I harvested these this morning (B+ strain, PF style cakes)... it looks like one of the mushrooms is sporeless! i missed harvesting just before the veils broke, and on one of the mushies (the whole cake produced 3 mushrooms on it's 3rd flush) there don't appear to be any spores at all.

Will the lack of spores affect potency? is it common for a mushroom to lack spores? is this a different type of mushy entirely?

This morning's crop

Notice no spore mess despite the open veil?

Close up of the gills

Compared to the other 2 caps

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: sporeless sporocarps? (with pics) [Re: mistertoadstool]
    #6250523 - 11/05/06 03:39 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

the lack of spores wont affect potency. some mushrooms never drop spores... others drop very little, while some drop a ton...

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: sporeless sporocarps? (with pics) [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #6250646 - 11/05/06 05:03 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Clone it. I love sporeless strains. They don't make such a horrible mess all over everything and also taste much better.(less bad?)
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies