Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
WOAH...Jason Becker - Perspective
    #6249889 - 11/05/06 12:12 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I listened to this album on mushrooms recently and it completely and utterly blew my fucking mind.  I had to make a post here and spread the word :smirk:.  I doubt many here know of it.

I originally became a fan of Jason a few years back because of his guitar work, which is some of the craziest out there, if you're into that kind of thing (rock/metal guitar).  when he was about 20 back in the early 90's he was diagnosed with Lou Gherig's disease and progressively lost the ability to move, speak, breathe and eat on his own.  after he became unable to play the guitar he worked on Perspective via keyboard until he couldn't move his hands anymore, then with the aid of a computer program that tracks his eye movements.  I can't even imagine...

being more into the guitar thing, I kinda just forgot about most of this album because it's lacking in guitar stuff, comparatively to his other albums.  found a few awesome clips about him on youtube the other day, and I've been playing guitar like a fiend the past few days since seeing them :smirk:.  I got the urge to listen to Perspective while I was shrooming for the first time in a long time yesterday :wink:, sooo glad I did.  it's uniquely suited for that kind of mindstate, IMO.  dude is an awesome inspiration and completely untouchable musician. 

anyway, Primal is quite possibly the trippiest track I've ever heard in my life.  I think those of you into the electronic music thing *really* need to listen to this and would get alot out of it.  if you know of anything that comes close to it, please do tell.  I have never heard anything really like it.  Pure genius.

End of the Beginning is another one, but it's more guitar based, Michael Lee Firkins on electric guitar with an orchestra in the background, it's the kind of song that will give you goosebumps and almost bring you to tears. well it does that to me...YMMV I guess.  amazingly melodic.  Also pure genius.

those are just the 2 standout tracks for me, the others are all well worth listening to as well though.  but you should buy the album if you dig, dude can't make money touring anymore :frown: .

he has a myspace and posts whats going on with him and stuff there, still working on music, how cool is that?  the guy and his work are unbelievable and need to be more well known.  here are some clips and links if anyone's interested:

www.jasonbecker.com
http://www.myspace.com/72303306
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X93DwoDUbRE - documentary and news clips on Jason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkYD-vjkbiE - End of the Beginning video
http://64.162.150.71/Discography-Perspective.htm - clips and reviews of Perspective

check it out, seriously.  amazing, awe-inspiring and just all around badass.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!  Not just to the guitarists either...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: WOAH...Jason Becker - Perspective [Re: spores]
    #6250209 - 11/05/06 01:46 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've been a longtime fan of Jason Becker after getting into him through Marty Friedman ...  :thumbup: unbelievable skill and horribly unfortunate story with his condition, but it's awesome that he's still rocking in his own way!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom