Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlineapexpredator
Stranger
Re: are hunters pussies? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6246560 - 11/04/06 10:17 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I use a roto-tiller usually.  When I say I "farm", like I said, I'm not talking about 500 acres of corn or anything :smile:  I grow corn, radishes, carrots, potatoes, green red and jalapeno peppers, green beans, a few varities of grapes, two types of apples, two types of pear, various herbs, and a few others that I can't think of right now.  I also have a few chickens, two goats, six pigs and a horse. All of the manure is gathered throughout the summer and I compost it with grass clippings and kitchen waste.  Then, about this time of year after the harvest, I use the rototiller to till under everything I left in the ground and my compost.  It works pretty good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: are hunters pussies? [Re: danliten]
    #6246564 - 11/04/06 10:18 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I think the wait in a tree with a scope method is pretty shitty and I would not be satisfied with myself if I killed an animal for food that way...

Even worse though are hunters that use dogs to do all the work for them.

Capture feral hog, train puppies to track their blood (by releasing them on baby hogs in pens), keep training up to adult sized enclosed hogs, release them for a "hunt", sit back with some natural light, and follow where the sounds of boar/dog fighting come from. The dogs do the actual kill for most.

The "hunters" around here that do it will leave their dead dogs at the site.

There are certainly respectable, ethical hunters that will involve skill, intelligence, and patience with the hunt and use the animal they kill.

I have had little experience with them though...I don't hunt, except hunters that trespass on my land.

--------------------

Offlineapexpredator
Stranger
Re: are hunters pussies? [Re: Organic]
    #6246581 - 11/04/06 10:25 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

When I use dogs, we just use them to scare the deer and keep them moving in one general direction, into a kill zone where we have two shooters. I've never seen a person hunting with a dog and use the dog to actually kill the animal. My setter fetches goose and duck that I've killed.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: are hunters pussies? [Re: apexpredator]
    #6246797 - 11/04/06 11:37 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

apexpredator said:
I use a roto-tiller usually.  When I say I "farm", like I said, I'm not talking about 500 acres of corn or anything :smile:  I grow corn, radishes, carrots, potatoes, green red and jalapeno peppers, green beans, a few varities of grapes, two types of apples, two types of pear, various herbs, and a few others that I can't think of right now.  I also have a few chickens, two goats, six pigs and a horse. All of the manure is gathered throughout the summer and I compost it with grass clippings and kitchen waste.  Then, about this time of year after the harvest, I use the rototiller to till under everything I left in the ground and my compost.  It works pretty good.

growing one thing isnt that much work, it's the diversity that works you to
death, I usualy interplant different veggies for the benefit of the others,
carrots and tomatoes with basil got instance, they do well together and even
improve the flavors of the others. quite labor intensive even with a 65hp
tractor and a 6' tiller to turn the 30 acres I plant. and with about 90 tons of
compost each season... I need more than a few kitchen scraps

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom