Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestr8
Im fuckin bonzo,yo!

shrooms that make u laugh alot? hmmmm???
    #6241408 - 11/02/06 09:13 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

which variaty makes u laugh uncontroalably on the most consistant basis... not intrested in theories of "dose more or less, and settings" kinda crap. just opinions of people who really swear by it.

--------------------
Considering Im certifiably insane, I can't be held liable for comments made herein. I do not even know if they are true! So if I speak in the 3rd person, 4give me. Often my alter ego, who lives in Mexico speaks on my behalf frequently. Also, just remember, I'm schizophrenic... and so am I. I plea insanity! I didnt do it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebadreligion2good
Uncertain
Male

Re: shrooms that make u laugh alot? hmmmm??? [Re: str8]
    #6241429 - 11/02/06 09:17 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Psilocybe Cubensis... all the different strains have the same actives in them, producing the same potential effects. The effects you experience are directly related to your current mental state, your setting, the people you're around,body chemistry and god knows what else.

--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6241449 - 11/02/06 09:21 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Hows this for a theory......

Cubes contain all the same chemicals. Different amounts of the three main chemicals all become psilocin in the gut.....

Sorry for the "theory".

Please understand why this is true. They all can make you laugh alot, including other species than cubes.

I know which ones made me laugh the most, but it really doesnt matter, because it was the same as the rest.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (11/02/06 09:22 PM)

OfflineAnimals
Just Danson inthe Dark
 User Gallery

#6241477 - 11/02/06 09:25 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

str8 said:
which variaty makes u laugh uncontroalably on the most consistant basis... not intrested in theories of "dose more or less, and settings" kinda crap. just opinions of people who really swear by it.

are you serious?

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: shrooms that make u laugh alot? hmmmm??? [Re: Animals]
    #6241517 - 11/02/06 09:33 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Animals said:
Quote:

str8 said:

are you serious?

Im not sure....lol

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: shrooms that make u laugh alot? hmmmm??? [Re: badreligion2good]
    #6241520 - 11/02/06 09:33 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

badreligion2good said:
Psilocybe Cubensis... all the different strains have the same actives in them, producing the same potential effects. The effects you experience are directly related to your current mental state, your setting, the people you're around,body chemistry and god knows what else.

So true,So true

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

#6241916 - 11/02/06 11:21 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

actually morels will make you laugh the most

edit: the ones with blue paint on them that is

Edited by evolprim (11/02/06 11:21 PM)

Offlinepsychonautix
21st CenturySchizoid Man
Male

Loc: 3532i 122393j 243509k
Re: shrooms that make u laugh alot? hmmmm??? [Re: evolprim]
    #6242308 - 11/03/06 02:12 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

it is so wierd how certain factors cause such huge differences in trips...

sometimes my trips are extremely goofy and silly, other times they are very self-critical, and still other times everything looks like art/unfamiliar and the world is beautiful, and sometimes its all that.

I cant figure out why it happens that way... but it does.

Taking mushrooms is like rolling dice for me, sometimes I get good times, and sometimes my mind goes down the drain and I feel like crap.

I think I need a new set of tripping friends...

--------------------
Elevate Organically.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6242406 - 11/03/06 05:01 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

not intrested in theories of "dose more or less, and settings" kinda crap.

So, instead of hearing out the community you just want to hear what you want to hear?

Agaricus bisporus crack me up.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
    #6242461 - 11/03/06 06:01 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

"everyone's a fuckin comedian!"

OfflineSyyslehti
unknown

Re: shrooms that make u laugh alot? hmmmm??? [Re: Asante]
    #6242470 - 11/03/06 06:06 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've noticed a significant difference in effects between certain patches. Not as significant as say between mushrooms and acid, but still a difference.

Yes, psilocybin and psilocin are the main actives in shrooms, but too little study has been made that I would swear for my life that's the whole truth. Maybe some not-known other ingredients in shroom or variety-depending structure of shroom tissue effect how fast psilocybin is metabolized and absorbed, or maybe proportional amounts of other psychoactive tryptamines in shroom can cause that slight push to the other direction needed to cause a noticeably different experience in an influence-sensitive psychedelic mind.

As far as I know, it's not even certain that all psilocybin is dephosphorylated into psilocin in digestive system. It may have psychoactive properties on it's own.

--------------------
What is the technology of consciousness?

Edited by Syyslehti (11/03/06 06:15 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: shrooms that make u laugh alot? hmmmm??? [Re: Syyslehti]
    #6242551 - 11/03/06 07:01 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I've noticed a significant difference in effects between certain patches. Not as significant as say between mushrooms and acid, but still a difference.

That may be a placebo effect, or it may be something real.

Quote:

As far as I know, it's not even certain that all psilocybin is dephosphorylated into psilocin in digestive system. It may have psychoactive properties on it's own.

You're right about that, in fact you can just about depend on it that dephosphorylation, for the extent it happens, won't be complete by the time it reaches the blood-brain barrier. There people say Psilocybin will not cross, but once again: we can't be certain of that.

Butter Yellow, Thalidomide, Diethylstilbestrol, MPTP, Dioxin..
Pharmacology has been full of completely nasty surprises which proved that many "facts" were assumptions which proved to be wrong.

Perhaps Psilocybin passes through the BBB like water through a colander. Perhaps do certain mushroom enzymes in the stomach enviroment turn psilocybin into another molecule, so that even without other actives present species might in fact vary.

Too little is known.

Our friend the threadstarter perhaps won't read our discussion because he just wants a name to get fucked up on instead of "theories".
He's cheating himself out of deeper insight, such a waste.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineTMshroom
one
    #6242554 - 11/03/06 07:05 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

All shrooms make you laugh. If you are looking to laugh just smoke some weed with your friends and go all out. Start telling idiotic jokes and dont be self concious. There is your recipe for extreme laughter.

Laugh really comes from your set/setting, if you feel happy and are in presence of good company then your comeup will probably give you stomach pains from all the laughter. If you were feeling down the whole day, the come-up may be sort of quiet and uncomfortable.

Its all about set-setting with shrooms, not some specific shroom. Get that thru your thick skulls people, SET AND SETTING!!!!! damn  :crazy2:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6242558 - 11/03/06 07:07 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

For helpfulness' sake:

The Gymnopilus spectabilis

Is known in asia as the o-warai-take (Big Laughing Mushroom) and amung shroomhunters as the Big Laughing Gym. With laughter in its common name, this might be the right mushroom for you.

You must however acquire a specific variety because some strains are inactive.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: shrooms that make u laugh alot? hmmmm??? [Re: TMshroom]
    #6242561 - 11/03/06 07:11 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Get that thru your thick skulls people, SET AND SETTING!!!!! damn

He's going to be stubborn. He might need a trip so bad that he's down on the bathroom floor begging God almighty to either deliver him from his nightmare or smite him with thunder.

Eventually people either learn to respect the mushroom and the vague hippie ramblings surrounding it, or they quit shrooms altogether.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineTMshroom
one
    #6242576 - 11/03/06 07:20 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Well when one is on the bathroom floor begging God to deliver him from his nightmare......I think its time to talk to someone. There are tons of hotlines, and pretty much everyone has atleast 1 friend....or a buddy even. Shit find a chatroom and spill your guts to a random bot! :-P

OfflineShroomScape
Sexplorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation
Re: shrooms that make u laugh alot? hmmmm??? [Re: TMshroom]
    #6242733 - 11/03/06 08:43 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm... I was going to start another thread for this, but hopefully I don't have to.

along these same lines, is it possible to have a batch of shrooms that have 'bad vibes'? What I mean is, my two friends tripped off the batch 3 times each and not one of those trips was great (though none of them were down right horrible either). I attributed their lack of a good time to their sets and settings. But then I took it and I also didn't have a great time, nor was it a bad time. Has anyone ever experienced batches of homegrown shrooms to have bad vibes?

OfflineTMshroom
one
Re: shrooms that make u laugh alot? hmmmm??? [Re: ShroomScape]
    #6242798 - 11/03/06 09:10 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomScape said:
Hmm... I was going to start another thread for this, but hopefully I don't have to.

along these same lines, is it possible to have a batch of shrooms that have 'bad vibes'? What I mean is, my two friends tripped off the batch 3 times each and not one of those trips was great (though none of them were down right horrible either). I attributed their lack of a good time to their sets and settings. But then I took it and I also didn't have a great time, nor was it a bad time. Has anyone ever experienced batches of homegrown shrooms to have bad vibes?

Heres what i think happened: Your friends had bad trips due to set and settings, and they kept talkin about how these mushrooms have a "bad vibe". So when you took those mushrooms in the back of your head you were already sub-consiously thinking that these mushrooms have a bad vibe to them...therefore you've experienced a bad vibe asweel.

Imagine yourself alone in some dark basement, and your friends told you that there is a ghost in there. So you're sitting there thiking FUCK im here with a ghost, and then your mind starts playing trick on you, you start hearing "sounds", maybe feel like the temp went down a few degrees and so on.

Once again, it comes down to.....SET and Setting. no? Your set is "this is bad vibes batch", the outcome: bad vibes trip.

Unless you want to belive these were some evil mushrooms, they were probably mistreated as kids or possesed by bad vibes as pins, so they decided to be fucked up to anyone who is gonna eat them......now please re-read this paragraph one more time, and then again. Is this what you wanted to hear?

Fuck all logic, go evil mushroom!

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: shrooms that make u laugh alot? hmmmm??? [Re: ShroomScape]
    #6242827 - 11/03/06 09:21 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

You know, my logic tells me that 'the strains have the same active chemicals, therefore should have the same effects'.

However, from personal expierence, this has made me go 'hrmmm' on more than one occasion and thinking that its more than simply set and setting playing a role in things.

I tend to buy my mushrooms in bulk, so I tend to trip quite a bit off of the same batch - and have noticed that some batches share 'unique' qualities within the batch for every trip off of that batch, that are not as present (or present at all) with trips from other batches.

For example - this past summer, I had one batch which was probably the most 'unique' batch I tripped off of. I did doses on this batch up to 6g, and every trip - regardless of set/setting, shared the same qualities

- Very few visuals in the 'normal' mushroom sense. Instead, it was like reality had been run though a high-def edge-detection filter. I could see crisp/clear lines/edges on EVERYTHING, every little bit of a fower, every blade of grass. It wasnt the typical cartoony-morphing of mushrooms that I normally get. The headfuck was non-present, instead : extreme mental clarity, lots of insight, very easy to have 'deep' conversations (even at higher doses, where at times with other batches, audio distortions get so high I cant carry on a conversation).

Again, I probably tripped off of this batch about 5 times in total with various sets/settings, and always had the exact same trip. (from going to an outdoor party, to in a club, to going for a hike, to 'doing an at home high dose trip for self reflection' kind of thing).

Later on, while nearing the end of the batch - I picked up another batch of different stuff. Totatly different trip then the previous batch, and again - this one had a bunch of 'qualities' to the trips that remained constant though the trips regardless of set/setting.

Then, I finished off the 1st batch I mentioned - and again, same qualities that - crisp defined visuals, no swelling, no morphing, no 'reality going cartoony'

While generally speaking - mushrooms are mushrooms are mushrooms, and the factors that do affect the trip can be reduced down to set/setting, there have been times (like above) which makes me think that there is something else going on then just set/setting.

ie: there have been certain batches which have given me a heavier body load (consistent in each trip with that batch) which had not been present in the previous, or the batch after.

Now, if I was simply buying 'by the trip' and getting a new batch for /every/ trip, I'd be inclined to say 'oh, its purely a matter of set/setting', but when I have a series of trips from one batch that has something 'unique' to it which isnt present in trips from the batches before/after, it does make me go 'hrmmm', and not so quick to write it off as simply being related to set/setting

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

Re: shrooms that make u laugh alot? hmmmm??? [Re: kaniz]
    #6242856 - 11/03/06 09:32 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

that's interesting kaniz.

its quite likely that different type of shrooms give different trips.
after all different weed all contains THC but we cant say its all the same.
not enough research has been done on this topic and the only thing we have to go off is personal experience like kaniz's.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order