Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Worst condition you've ever been in at work?
    #6240577 - 11/02/06 06:17 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I was hung-over like an absolute bitch the other day, but I missed too many sick days so far and I'd definitely get written up if I called out.  So I dragged myself in at the ass-crack of dawn.  Head throbbing, stomach a washing machine, and my balance out of the window.  I manage to suck it up to make myself look decent, fighting off the urges to hold my head in pain.  The lights in that damn place are so bright, beeping everywhere, stupid loud conversations all over; not the place to be when you're hung over.  There was even one of those kids that keep saying "Hello!" until you acknowledge or answer them. :crankey: He's like 1.5 feet tall, screaming, "Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello!"  I'm finally like "HI! :grin:"

I retreated to the bathrooms maybe 7 times in the first two hours to puke up mucous and bile.  Then drank more water only to puke it right back up, STILL COLD, followed by more bile.  Damn that stuff tastes so bad it just keeps you puking, and there's no way to cut off the taste because I mean it's on your tongue. :noway: 

Anyway, I stocked the produce department, scrubbed the salad bar, and did so much shit that made me just want to sit in a corner and cry :lol:  I finally felt better about 4-5 hours after I got there and things picked up from there.

How about you guys...let's hear some horror stories.  :smirk:

Edited by Newbie (11/02/06 06:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Worst condition you've ever been in at work? [Re: Newbie]
    #6240623 - 11/02/06 06:24 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Hung over + sick + washing 2nd floor windows + pouring rain = Quit Action

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #6240641 - 11/02/06 06:27 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

installing glass and storefronts in 20f temps in the rain, i was sober

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Worst condition you've ever been in at work? [Re: DNKYD]
    #6240643 - 11/02/06 06:27 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Maintenance work definitely blows when you're not up to par with yourself.  :yesnod:

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
    #6240659 - 11/02/06 06:31 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'm a sauté cook and once we had a gasline leak, and my area manager came in, and wipped it off and said things were ok. The next day the thing cought on fire, and nearly exploded which wouldn't be good. The burner's we work with are 60,000btu. We'd've all been dead, no questions asked, but my friend was quick enough too shut the gas off.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#6240679 - 11/02/06 06:34 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

After a turbulent night of shrooming, I went to Taco Bell to help out in one of the busiest days of the summer

And honestly, that's not the best scenario

Scremaing kids and parents, me screaming back and holding back every natural urge to claw out some stoned surfer's fucking eye with a spork

My custom burritos made me feel better, though

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Worst condition you've ever been in at work? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #6240686 - 11/02/06 06:36 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

what were you working? I guess you were working the situation :/

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Worst condition you've ever been in at work? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #6240699 - 11/02/06 06:37 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:  Yeah when I used to work at McDonald's I pretty much earned free-run of the place.  I used to take the breakfast burrito wraps and put some mayo in them, add lettuce, tomato, and chicken strips, roll it up and you have a McKFC Twister :grin:  Those were the days.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #6240701 - 11/02/06 06:38 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i was in the exact same conditions on wednesday... thank god i had the day off so i able to survive my hangover in the comfort of my bed... i wouldn't have been able to work... holy fucking shit my head was still hurting even as i fell asleep at night...

one time i awoke under similar conditions after a night of drinking hard because my girlfriend at the time broke up with me... and i had the pleasure of having to work a 12 hour shift that day... thank god i was able to call someone to come in and take my shift...

other than that that the worst conditions i've had to work in was after a few nights of insomnia..

--------------------

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #6240703 - 11/02/06 06:39 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i took a wednesday off from work to eat some mushrooms with some friends. was the only day they were free from work, and my boss never cares if anyone misses a day during the week and makes it up on saturday instead. so i took the day off, and i ate a 1/4 of mushrooms that day. had a great trip, great day.

went home late that night, had the worst headache of my life (eating more than eighth of mushrooms kills my head, post-trip). couldnt sleep for hours. got up for work the next morning, dead tired, still somewhat of a headache, still not completely with reality. get to work (my job at the time was writing up auctions on ebay for a guy who owned a small store), and all day i had to listen to this obnoxious kid who also works there (who thinks he's better than everyone else because he's worked there the longest) jabbering all day about me taking a day off of work to go do drugs. the boss didnt even care as long a i made the day up, he eats mushrooms himself. the obnoxious kid was acting like i was a drug addict, and making comments like atleast i dont take days off work to go do drugs. this kid has been an alcoholic since he was like 15, gets wasted every night and takes vicodins all the time (the only drug that he does). gamble-a-holic too. it was a pretty miserable day. i just wanted to sit at my computer, doing my job and be left alone for the day. normally i wouldnt care, i'm pretty used to his shit, but because of the physical effects that day, i just didnt want to deal with it.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Worst condition you've ever been in at work? [Re: snoot]
    #6240705 - 11/02/06 06:39 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Starting a new job on the crash of a meth-bender, I had not slept in about 2 or 3 days, went into work feeling 'ok' --- by about noon, full-on crash was kicking in and I started to get an upset stomach, by about 3pm I was making frequent runs to the can to take the nastiest shits / fighting off vomiting.

had a meeting at 4pm and nearly shat myself while trying to hold stuff together, starting to sweat and feeling like I'm going to pass out.

5pm rolls by FINALLY - all this time I'm almost shitting myself / running to the can, and had a 45 min commute on public transit home.

I make it home, shit, vomit, then crash on the couch and didnt have the strenght to move my arm 2 inches to pick up the remote to turn on the TV. I laid on my couch feeling like death for a few hours, then curled up on the floor of my bathroom to sleep it off (and vomit/shit as needed), only to wake up and try and haul my ass into work the next day.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Worst condition you've ever been in at work? [Re: kaniz]
    #6240717 - 11/02/06 06:42 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

The day after eating Acid, i was working at the DARE fest, running inflatable rides... a little spun about, and pretty high.

later that day, the tornado sirens went off, and we packed up as quick as we could, but got soaked by the rain, fearing a twister...

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#6240718 - 11/02/06 06:42 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Ouch.  I've never been through a withdrawal that severe, but knowing you have to suffer through it out of the confines of your home makes it that much worse.  :undecided:

Invisiblebelligerent
Degenerate stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hicksville, CA
Re: Worst condition you've ever been in at work? [Re: kaniz]
    #6240728 - 11/02/06 06:45 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I had to go in to work one morning still halfway tripping on LSD because my stupid old co-workers couldn't handle our computer system crashing without calling me on my day off. 

Blecch...all I did was look at it, call the computer guy (we outsourced our IT), and go back home.  One of the older guys at the office who used to do a ton of drugs in his day looked at me and said "whatever you're on, you need to get out of here."  Yeah, no shit Sherlock. :smile:

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

Re: Worst condition you've ever been in at work? [Re: snoot]
    #6240729 - 11/02/06 06:45 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Cashier

Fucking awful

I may transfer to another TB that sees almost no business

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Worst condition you've ever been in at work? [Re: belligerent]
    #6240733 - 11/02/06 06:47 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah one time when I was tripping I felt like my eyes were moving like everything else was, and anyone looking into them could tell it too. It's kind of true, when someone's tripping they look around a LOT more, even just moving their eyes. It's weird but it's hard to hide tripping.

Edited by Newbie (11/02/06 06:47 PM)

Offlineapfrommsp
Just a box ofrain

#6240734 - 11/02/06 06:47 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

coming in to work to do 12 hours of labor still drunk from the night before, it was fun for a little bit then when i had ot actually do some work it sucked ass, and my head just killed after a few hours

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
    #6240743 - 11/02/06 06:49 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, was the first and last time I 'binged' on meth like that.

Was partying with a guy who was a big meth head, at that time - I had only used it 2 or 3 times before. Every time he did some - I'd do some also - hey, it was getting handed to me for free and it was in my 'new to drugs and reckless' stage. Smoked it, snorted it, booty bumped it. Toss in loads of K, GHB and a few E into the mix (when it's free, it was hard to say no...) But, when your with a methhead with a high tollerance, playing the 'keep up' game is NOT a good idea.

Was loads of fun - had an amazing time, but the comedown/crash was HARSH, I had never felt so sick / on the edge of just wanting to die in my life.

I remeber laying in bed after I left with my heart racing so hard thinking it was going to stope. Having to turn off music because it was sounding sinister and evil, having audio hallucinations of people calling my name / my phone ringing.

Going to class the day after still fucken BUZZED to hell and having random waves of euphoria during lecture.

Getting home from class and trying to sleep that night to start my job - and had no such fucken luck, just laid there staring at my roof for 8 hours randomly turning my music on and off. Hearing my alarm go off thinking "Fuck, I need to goto work NOW?!"

I dont know how much meth I did all in all, all I know is that I did way too fucken much.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Worst condition you've ever been in at work? [Re: apfrommsp]
    #6240746 - 11/02/06 06:50 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

The feeling of accomplishment beats out the feeling of shit after a while though. Even though I feel like shit I still feel good that I didn't ditch work for some stupid reason I put on myself.

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#6240749 - 11/02/06 06:51 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Mostly why I trip at night

Every little bit helps

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies