Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePigsarefood
Never too old to learn
I'm a teapot
Loc: PNW
Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months
    #6237496 - 11/01/06 11:53 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I thought this was interesting so ill share it

what do you think? Personally im really skeptical, but ill just wait and see!  :eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: Pigsarefood]
    #6237687 - 11/02/06 12:54 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

well, it doesnt matter what i think, but all i can say is that i hope he's right

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: nightkrawler]
    #6237751 - 11/02/06 01:24 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I hope they beam me aboard their spaceship! I've always wanted to see Uranus...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: psychomime]
    #6238067 - 11/02/06 06:06 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

> what do you think?

Quote:

Well-known Brazilian UFO researcher Jan Val Ellam is convinced that by next year humanity will have an official definite contact with the extraterrestrial creatures from other galaxies.

Wow... a whole different galaxy. I guess the 100 billion stars in our own galaxy aren't enough to choose from...

Quote:

Jan Val Ellam is a bestselling author of 15 books about Spirituality and its connection with Ufology. According to Ellam’s own words he has been maintaining contact with the representatives from the outer space for the past 20 years and taking detailed notes in a special notebook.

So he has a financial interest... selling books. And, he has a special notebook! I wonder if it glows in the dark?

Quote:

It was they who warned him about the earthlings’ upcoming encounter with several alien races some time between November 15, 2006 and April, 2007.

Warned? Hmmm... sounds dangerous! Guess I better buy his book and find out why!

Quote:

Ellam explained that the aliens are nice and kind beings radically different from humans. The UFO enthusiast also added that the reason our Earth has had no contact with the other galaxies was due to the widespread violence that dominated the planet.

Ok, so that takes care of other galaxies. What about the 100 billion stars that might harbor life in our galaxy? I guess by radically different, he is implying that humans are not nice or kind?

Quote:

Brazilian UFO Magazine reports that Jan Val Ellam gave specific details of things to happen and made an announcement, "The contact will leave no doubt to anyone in this world that 'they' exist and are watching us. No government, no media, no scientific, religious or military organization will have a chance to deny it."

Wow, he took away all of the "outs". I wonder what excuse he will use when it doesn't happen.

Quote:

Ellam admits that his predictions may appear completely absurd, but he again highlighted that his task was simply to serve as a bridge between civilizations.

... and to sell more copies of his book.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineTillianne
Marijuana Alchemist
Female
Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: Seuss]
    #6238161 - 11/02/06 07:20 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

He doesn't seem to have a lot of credibility.  I do believe there is other intelligent life out there.  To think otherwise would be extremely arrogant.

However, I'll believe this when I see it.  :smile:

--------------------
No Fate But What You Make.

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: Pigsarefood]
    #6238540 - 11/02/06 10:19 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think we'll have contact with aliens until two things.

Global unity, ie. one language (not to say other languages don't exist, but say practically every human in the world knows English along with their native language.) and World Peace.

Deep Exploration/Colonization of Space

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: adamj]
    #6238565 - 11/02/06 10:34 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I mean think about it. If there is infact a civilization (which there probably is.... millions of them) that can travel across open space at the speed of light. Then they have probably colonized thousands and thousands of planets.

I wouldn't doubt it that the common picture of any alien today is actually a human being thousands of years evolved. (Think about.. eyes, nose, mouth, hands, arms, legs all in the same position as us. Extra big heads? We've probably genetically enhanced our brains so we're exceptionally smarter. Big eyes? Why not enhance our eyes so we can see like eagles. Ah I could go on and on...

Rather than choose a planet and spend resources colonizing, it makes sense to just inject some of our dna into a local resident (monkeys) and let evolution colonize the planet.

When we are good and ready, we'll be contacted and they'll let us in on the joke "Hey! We're not aliens, we're actually human beings too! Except we're about 15,000 years older than you here on earth. Population of the human race isn't 6 billion on earth, hahah. It's more like 13.7 trillion across the milky way"

then they'll invite us back to the home planet and throw a huge kegger for us!

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#6238611 - 11/02/06 10:52 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

wonder why they chose to use the drawing of the Whitley Strieber grey with no indication what kind of aliens Ellam is supposedly in contact with. terribly short article for such a potentially "important" news item.

OfflineParamemetic
Emergent

Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: Clean]
    #6238742 - 11/02/06 11:21 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It's Pravda.

--------------------
"Reality is that which doesn't go away when you stop believing in it." - N. Bohr
"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." - Tao Te Ching, 48

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: Paramemetic]
    #6238804 - 11/02/06 11:40 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i see what you mean. it's all about sensationalism, half-truths, disinformation and advertising.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: Tillianne]
    #6238891 - 11/02/06 12:06 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

The universe is too darn big for there not to be other life out there. Around 100 billion stars in our galaxzy and around 10,000 other galaxies out there. Thats a lot of stars for us to be unique.

However, both distance and time make it very difficult for there to be travel or communications between two civilizations with our current understanding of physics.

Humans have been around for what, 20,000 years or so... we have been able to transmit radio signals for the last 100 years or so... how far can radio waves travel in 100 years... what are the chances that intelligent life on another planet evolves in the same time window as humans and is close enough to share communication or tavels. Pretty slim.

Humans are also very arrogant in assuming that aliens will be mostly human like, with a bit of alieness to them... the typical grey. If we look at life on earth, the variety alone is staggering. To think that life would evolve on other worlds that have different chemsity, different gravity, different light, etc would evolve to be mostly human like is fairly shallow.

It is also a bit shallow to assume that we could sense or interact with visiting aliens. Perhaps they are here, and we are no more aware of them than a dog is of calculus. Maybe ghosts aren't ghosts, but rather a momentary glance at some alien being.

I would be very surprised if there is not alien life somewhere else in the universe. I would be fairly surprised to find them to be human like. I would be very surprised to find them visiting us.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
    #6239330 - 11/02/06 01:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Pigsarefood said:

WTF is official contact? As opposed to unofficial contact? The aliens are going to go through the official proceedure of making contact with our race, as set out for visiting aliens by...the UN? Whooooah

Sounds very suspicious to me. Unlikely is nowhere near strong enough. Nonsense is unkind and opinionated but nearer my estimation.

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: mr_kite]
    #6249988 - 11/05/06 12:44 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

lol

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: Seuss]
    #6250089 - 11/05/06 01:09 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

However, both distance and time make it very difficult for there to be travel or communications between two civilizations with our current understanding of physics.

Not if one of the two has already transcended its limitations of space and time. :wink:

Quote:

Humans have been around for what, 20,000 years or so... we have been able to transmit radio signals for the last 100 years or so... how far can radio waves travel in 100 years... what are the chances that intelligent life on another planet evolves in the same time window as humans and is close enough to share communication or tavels. Pretty slim.

Modern humans emerged around 100,000 years ago, marked by the beginnings of spoken language. The whole idea of sending out radio waves into space is just a desperate attempt of twentieth century science in my opinion.

Like you said, what are the chances?

Quote:

I would be very surprised if there is not alien life somewhere else in the universe. I would be fairly surprised to find them to be human like. I would be very surprised to find them visiting us.

I would not be very surprised if they are already here.

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:

--------------------

OfflineIFEELGOOD
Stranger

#6254116 - 11/06/06 03:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

why 4 months why not today !!!!!!! ahh the torture of waiting !!!!

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: IFEELGOOD]
    #6255301 - 11/06/06 08:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i would rather tend to think that they are waiting for us. :lol:

"what's taking these humans so long?" :grin:

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #6256427 - 11/07/06 04:56 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It's all just PR for the New Age book circuit.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: Revelation]
    #6256835 - 11/07/06 10:00 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see it happening any time soon. Non the less, it's a good thing people think about facing the possibility. What if we were to be faced with it? How easy do you think it would be for MOST humans to comprehend and accept all that may come afterward.

Anyone catch the show Hanger 18 on the history channel? Too many government witnesses come forward in it talking about whats been going on there. Some are speaking up or allowing past interviews to be shown for the first time ever on TV in it. According to people working for the government at te time, Roswell and many more captures of crashed extra terrestrial craft have happened.

I have no doubt we have been being visited.

I doubt global official contact will be established any time soon though. There is no reason for it other then a slight one I'll mention up ahead.

Think about it, if you were a malevolent ET and had il will for human kind, you would NOT want your presence here publicly known to all  as most humans would then try to thwart your efforts. Easier to stay behind the scenes to pull your dirty work off smoothly.

If you were a benevolent ET with good will for human kind, you would realize the fear and chaos that would run amok by a public global introduction of your presence and NOT want for that to happen if you cared about us. You would just approach those if you had good reason to who you think could handle it and do it in a way that would help them to be able to handle it. Some call it deniable contact.

Geez, just for a moment all of you imagine a being from another star system with an evolutionary history all of its own sitting across the table from you. THAT is a terrifying concept in itself at first to face. If it found a way to make contact with you having come from another star system , its obviously much more intelligent and thats the scary part as that intelligence gives it quite an advantage over you if it wished to take one.

How well do any of you to think humans as a whole being told all at the same time and seeing them for real for them selves at the same time could handle it?

It would be total chaos as the fear took over many and who knows how many people would become violent towards them.

One positive I could see a global introduction creating is a greater uniting of human kind in a common cause of concern.

Right now, we have black, white, yellow, red, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, atheist, Iranian, Japanese, German, African, fat, skinny, dumb, smart, tall, short, male, female,- you get the idea.

If more highly intelligent extra terrestrial beings were to make a global introduction, we would quickly all become just human to each other in light of such an even greater contrast and more easily would be able to unite in a common cause of global concern about what this would mean to us all and life as we knew it.

So what if this guys prediction came from out of his ass to sell books. Regardless of him, his prediction or book, it is a possibility that can happen at any time. Books like his at least get people talking about it and give some the chance to consider the possibility and mentally/emotional prepare for it before hand if it ever were to really happen. Thats a good thing as it would help to minimize the potential chaos that would result.

Smart people in life trouble shoot FIRST so they are best prepared to deal with come what may in their life's endeavors.

A Global introduction has a chance now then ever of being a "come what may" because we are on the possible brink of WW111 breaking out and this time, many countries have nuclear capabilities. That may be enough threat to this race and planet to thwart an intervention on a massive scale by any race observing us who doesn't want to see us all go up in smoke over the BS we fight over here on this planet. 

Whatever!!!!!  :etbig:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #6256881 - 11/07/06 10:20 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I definitely agree with your sentiments that the planet as a whole is just not ready yet for the implications of 'species-wide' contact.

I find it interesting that there are people here now who have been saying that they are personally in contact with ETs, and they are telling them exactly the same things you just elucidated.
Billy Meier, for instance.

Not saying I know for sure that any contact has taken place in modern times, but I can't rule it out.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Official contact with aliens to take place within next 4 months [Re: adamj]
    #6256900 - 11/07/06 10:25 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

adamj said:

World Peace.

hahah good luck with that one

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale