Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrownwagner
Stranger
Rushing cyan growth at a spot that is freezing but no rain????
    #6232612 - 10/31/06 07:11 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I have a spot for Cyan's that I have gone to for the past couple of years, but the season is slow this year. So while checking my spot and coming up with nothing, I wondered that since it is freezing already, but not raining enough yet, would it be possible to "water" the spot before it freezes tonight and hurry the process up, producing mushrooms perhaps in the spots that I put water on? I have a feeling i'll just have to wait, but was just wondering if that was even possible, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Rushing cyan growth at a spot that is freezing but no rain???? [Re: Brownwagner]
    #6232749 - 10/31/06 07:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

No idea...Try it and see what happens. I think watering it, and then having it freeze wouldn't be the smartest though.

Good luck... Im sure you'll get something eventually.

OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
Re: Rushing cyan growth at a spot that is freezing but no rain???? [Re: Brownwagner]
    #6232762 - 10/31/06 07:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yes watering is an option. Spread wheat straw on top of your patch and soak it.  Mist/water a couple of times per day if you can.

GL! :thumbup:

:mushroom2:

Offlinethetonebone72
Hunter -Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Rushing cyan growth at a spot that is freezing but no rain???? [Re: angryshroom]
    #6232839 - 10/31/06 08:04 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

angryshroom said:
I think watering it, and then having it freeze wouldn't be the smartest though.

I agree. Just wait one night...rain will be here tomorrow along with temps above freezing at night. Hopefully it will continue. In the future, though, (next year) you might consider watering if we have another fall like this one. Patches that are watered regularly will definitely fruit before others in times like these. Keep the faith!

--------------------
Hunt On, Good Fellow

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Rushing cyan growth at a spot that is freezing but no rain???? [Re: Blek]
    #6232841 - 10/31/06 08:05 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

or even sweeping leaves over the spot, which would be less conspicuous.

brownwanger: watering couldn't hurt; if it freezes it freezes, whether you water it or not. watering sounds like a good idea. anyway, the groundcover would also hold in humidity and promote pinning. if they haven't pinned yet though, expect a couple days at least.

[worst grammar ever... :grin:]

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
Re: Rushing cyan growth at a spot that is freezing but no rain???? [Re: canid]
    #6233113 - 10/31/06 09:35 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Mycelium is made of 93% water or something like that.  If the freeze was going to freeze the mycelium, it would have done it.  Watering the patch will only help I think.  Especially if you can insulate the patch with leaves, wheat straw, plastic, something similar.  Cardboard even.

:mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale