Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMead

Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: kloomie]
    #6233987 - 11/01/06 05:21 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

First come first serve, unless you bought wood chips and have them on your property it's not your spot at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDarkenshroom
PsychedelicExplorationist
Female User Gallery

Loc: I don't exist on this pla...
Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: Mead]
    #6234770 - 11/01/06 11:44 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Mead,

Please use some sense in replying. He was not compaining about "his" spot being picked, he was complaining about the total disregard for an organism that means so much to us all. It is one thing to clear cut an area, another to totally disregard the micro environment in which the mycelium lays. It is not hard to use common sense when picking from a spot. I want the mushrooms to come back, you want them to, and the guy who picked em prolly did too. Therefor it is reasonable to have a certain amount of angst and frustration after such an event.

Darken
*smiles*

--------------------
~The first and most important step in cultivation of the wonderful mushroom, is the cultivation of patience for without it you doom yourself to failure~

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: Darkenshroom]
    #6235142 - 11/01/06 01:39 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Darkenshroom said:
It is not hard to use common sense when picking from a spot.

Many of the unwashed masses, who aimlessly wander this earth in search of their buzz have no respect. To those people, maybe, just maybe, common sense goes a little something like this!

" DoooooD, like WoW! Check it out! Shrooooooms! Lets tear it up and Fry! Fuck Yea!!!""

I am not saying thats OK. I am saying thats a fact of life. Accept it. Don't stress over it. No remorse. Life goes on. I've been picking the better part of 25 yrs. It was going on then and it will continue.
Please allow me to give you some sound advice concerning shroom patches. These are some of my sacred rules. Break them, and its your fault that there's no shrooms for you all winter and summer long.

1. Thou shalt not tell a fucking soul anything about your patch.
If you even say what county it is in you are wrong. If you respect it it is sacred. You already know about the idiots out there who destroy. Protect it from them. When we shroomers score a big patch we want to brag. Something you say that you assume is harmless, leads another to your patch. When it comes to your patch you have no one you can trust. Show somebody and you give them the right to go back as many times as they want, whenever they want. Expect that if you do.

2. Thou must be the early bird to get the juiciest worms.
If you don't roll out of bed til 10am expect to be eating leftovers.

3. Thou shalt not leave a trace of where you have been. Don't let anyone see you going to and from and respect the earth surrounding your patch. Destructive behavior, ie littering, burning, digging, loud noise and vandalizing will only bring scrutiny down upon the vicinity of your patch. Not good shroomer.

4. Thou must do as the Romans do when in Rome, in order to remain inconspicuous.
I have seen packs of long haired stoners wasted off their asses crawling on their hands and knees around several State Parks in SW WA some carrying boom boxes another a 40oz keystone ice and wearing a Shroomery hooded sweatshirt, dune sand on his knees and a big brown grocery bag. I've seen the same people get busted and harassed by the state parks people. No shit. I have nothing against long hair, tats, piercings, Keystone Ice. A few fellow shroomers always seem to fuck it for the many.
Use common sense When crossing farmer Jonson's fence line "DO NOT DAMAGE IT".
If you know of a dynamite Cyan patch in a business park that closes at 6PM don't be surprised if you get caught being there at 10pm. Then its brought to the facility managers attention that they had shrooms growing there that they didn't know about, and ......Well, you know what will probably happen next.
I am not going to tell all my secrets to stealth shrooming. But let me just say that it would be a good idea to study the activity in and around your patch so that you can conduct your business and raise no eye brows.
Its unfortunate but all too often do we forget to plan the how we are getting in and out part.

"Well shit we wanna fucking fry!!! Right! Who needs to know about getting in and out! We wanna pick shrooms and tear it up! Yippeeeee!

Visiting you patch every day will not make it flush any faster. Visiting it everyday will be a gross violation of sacred rules 1,3,and 4.

One more bit of advice, make sure you have multiple resources, so if you lose one its no biggie.

OK Enough lecturing. Kloomie I am very sorry about what happened. This posting was not intended to suggest that you or anyone else who honors this thread with useful information would be un-ethical. We all must do our part to help shroomers be not seen, not heard, and not hated. Food for thought!
IHS

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

Offlinethetonebone72
Hunter -Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: Ice House Shaman]
    #6235231 - 11/01/06 02:06 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Amen brother...TESTIFY!!

--------------------
Hunt On, Good Fellow

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6235639 - 11/01/06 04:09 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:  :cheers:  :yourock:  :bow: Bravo Ice House!

OfflinehEAtOniKgun
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Wa.
    #6235656 - 11/01/06 04:20 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

That sucks ass man. What I do to prevent that is covering ALL the cyans with leaves, even if its hundreds, just pick all the matures and put leaves over the smaller ones.

Offlinecatalyst777
soul searcher
Male User Gallery

#6235731 - 11/01/06 04:41 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Good post, Shaman of miller Brewing products...

--------------------
Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.

Aldous Huxley

OfflinePincushion
And I stillhaven't foundwhat I'm lookingfor....

Loc: Oregon
Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: hEAtOniKgun]
    #6235742 - 11/01/06 04:44 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Every time you leave your patch take a juicy asparagus laced piss all over them.  If it gets raped again you'll at least have the pleasure of knowing they're eating your stink piss.  And you'll know to wash them :smile:

In all honesty... sorry to hear that man.  Just remember Karma is a bitch when it comes back.

Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: Pincushion]
    #6236109 - 11/01/06 06:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

shit happens...

I would be inclined to believe that they've had more problems there than just you and your tripping skateboarder buddy. A rake would clean up all the fungi, live and dead, in quick time. Like "the-picker-formerly-known-as-shroomie-of-doomie" implied, it seems more rational to blame the park service, not other pickers.

Pick on.

--------------------
Echoes

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: wietstocker]
    #6240417 - 11/02/06 05:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe you guys should've been more stealthy and not attracted cops galore.

My theory is that the police destroyed the patch after seeing several people picking there.

I suggest transplanting into a more private area, and trying to be a little less obvious next time you find a patch in a well known area.

Good luck, Later.

InvisibleMead

Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: Darkenshroom]
    #6240489 - 11/02/06 06:03 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I've heard that story for years, and haven't seen any shortage of them growing. Besides I don't see the damage, the myc lives off the wood chips, so if they aren't taking the wood chips? And even if they were taking the chips, they got put there for some reason.
sorry took me so long to reply
grow your own or don't complain, it's called hunting not finding

OfflineEcho7
Glad to be here.
Male

Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: RandomHero]
    #7908403 - 01/21/08 03:43 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RandomHero said:
sorry to hear the bad news

one word for ya' (MINES)
landmines would put a stop to that shit

Fucking rofl

--------------------
One step at a time.

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #7908412 - 01/21/08 03:52 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I just read a post where someone took all the mushrooms in a patch and didn't use sissors. Maybe it was the same guy.....

Couldn't you just drop the whitened woodchip in a LC?

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: Pigsarefood]
    #7909072 - 01/21/08 10:43 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

thats what people do to nice patches, they rape them, :seeya:

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: snoot]
    #7913339 - 01/22/08 12:47 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

mushrooms are on the planet for people to do whatever they want with them. animals and bugs trees grass everything.

not everyone needs to show the same interest and respect for mushrooms, and they don't, and they never will. find another patch.

the soul purpose of mushroom fruits is not to be picked, they are to spread spores, so that the mycelium can regenerate and work it's magic on the surface of the earth and make the place liveable for everything else on it. and there are already plenty enough spores in seattle to make it happen no matter what humans do to try and stop it. mushrooms are not selfish and disrespectful like humans can be, and their place on the planet is more important then humans could ever be. the mushrooms are not crying 'rape' so why should you?

InvisibleSheikCorp
Stranger

#7924510 - 01/24/08 02:46 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kloomie said:
If you just rip them from the ground it destroyes the mycelium, which is what the mushrooms grow from. So you cut them at the stem and preserve the mycelium so mushrooms can keep coming.

I don't believe in that statement.

Sorry about that patch! Try not to identify it as yourpatch. Then it won't be so bad next time you miss the harvest.

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Loc: Hawaii
Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: Mead]
    #7973804 - 02/03/08 03:42 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

finders keepers. If it was not yours meant to be it won't be. Just give it all up it was meant for someone else it ok. Don't be attached to it if you were meant to have them then you will. Its not always up to you. If you should find them then take its ok. If you were meant to find more then you will. Its like pussy. No need to be attached if it comes or goes.

OfflineTheoneandonly
Stranger
Re: HUGE PATCH RAPED! WHY!!! [Re: wacked]
    #7973814 - 02/03/08 03:44 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, that sucks.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale