Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
United States Navy
    #6226341 - 10/30/06 11:40 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yea so I did it. November 28th I ship to bootcamp. Im happy for myself. Im going to be a Boatswains Mate. Yea so it wasnt the job I wanted, but Im not in shape enough for the jobs I want. So I figure Ill join as a boatswains mate, work out, then try for Navy Diver, or some other job that has a decent amount of action in it. Im going in as E3 so Ill get 1500 a month or somethin around that.

Anyone been on the navy? Know anything about boatswains mate?

All I know is its grunt painting work, keeping the sea deck sparkling, etc..

peace :thumbup:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineelduque
Major LeagueInfidel
 User Gallery
Loc: Eastern AL.
Re: United States Navy [Re: XUL]
    #6226356 - 10/30/06 11:46 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

congrats dude!!! good luck...ive been in the military for 15 years, its a great way of life!

--------------------
We have a little war going on here. I just heard an ambulance go around the corner. what will it be tonight? the son who kicked his mother down the stairs? the father who beat his wife to death with the telephone? the baby who got forgotten by his mother because the drugs were really good today? you never know. you never know and you never get to know unless it's you, and if its you, well, you dont want to know. ~Henry Rollins "Art To Choke Hearts"

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

Re: United States Navy [Re: elduque]
    #6226369 - 10/30/06 11:53 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I have a cousin in the military and he's been in for 16 years or so. My question to you is how do you get out of the polygraph tests? Because he tells me that every time they give him a polygraph test they ask him about the one time he tried weed in the 5TH GRADE! That's the one and only time he's ever put an illegal drug in his system besides drinking under age. He laughs with me about it because it's so assinign, but I assume you do some type of drug since you're on this forum. Do you get polygraphs? and if so do they ask you about your drug use? I know there's the tack in the shoe technique, but after 15 years I'm sure they've gotten a little pissed at not being able to polygraph you properly.

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Re: United States Navy [Re: cookeman]
    #6226374 - 10/30/06 11:56 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Ive done many drugs, but my recruiter insisted that I only tried weed twice under peer pressure. So If I ever get polygraphed, im probly gonna fail. Not that I care. heh

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #6226378 - 10/30/06 12:01 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

nice job signing your life away to neo-facist imperialist exploits :thumbup:

:rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlineelduque
Major LeagueInfidel
 User Gallery
Re: United States Navy [Re: Krishna]
    #6226391 - 10/30/06 12:04 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

yeah whatever krishna...if you dont know about it first hand just shut your cake hole....anyway...in 15 years i have never even heard of anyone taking a polygraph test in the military...i was a recruiter for 3 years also...so i wouldnt worry about that

--------------------
We have a little war going on here. I just heard an ambulance go around the corner. what will it be tonight? the son who kicked his mother down the stairs? the father who beat his wife to death with the telephone? the baby who got forgotten by his mother because the drugs were really good today? you never know. you never know and you never get to know unless it's you, and if its you, well, you dont want to know. ~Henry Rollins "Art To Choke Hearts"

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

#6226397 - 10/30/06 12:07 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elduque said:
yeah whatever krishna...if you dont know about it first hand just shut your cake hole....anyway...in 15 years i have never even heard of anyone taking a polygraph test in the military...i was a recruiter for 3 years also...so i wouldnt worry about that

yo elduque what branch are you in? what do you do?

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Offlineelduque
Major LeagueInfidel
 User Gallery
    #6226403 - 10/30/06 12:09 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

pm me for that info...

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #6226430 - 10/30/06 12:18 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:

dont you mean great job! :smile:

--------------------

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
    #6226452 - 10/30/06 12:25 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:

yeah, ah, stu.

--------------------
Asshole

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
    #6226466 - 10/30/06 12:30 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elduque said:

Edit
Play nice !!! - Zippoz

Edited by zippoz (10/31/06 05:18 PM)

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: United States Navy [Re: downlowfunk]
    #6226493 - 10/30/06 12:38 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

ouch. :smile: im sure that one cut him deep
look man we all have diffrent paths in life. on of my oldest and best freind is considering the millitary. i in no way hold it against him. some people lack dirrection and need a sure fire way to gain stability. judge not...

--------------------

Offlineelduque
Major LeagueInfidel
 User Gallery
    #6226505 - 10/30/06 12:43 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i dont do it for politics...i do it so you have the right to say what you just said downlowfunk...i am not even mad...thats your right to think like that...but honestly most people just say stuff for the sake of being argumentative. or you got beat up alot by the rotc kids in high school. j/k. seriously, i care less about politics...i just like the job...and when i am done in the military i will probably work for a private contracting firm doing the same exact thing, hell, guess i just like killin shit.again j/k!..i do find all the conspiricy theory people laughable though. everyone takes everything so serious around here.

--------------------

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Loc: CT
    #6226550 - 10/30/06 01:02 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

lol you hippies are the clueless ones.

man, go you for joining the navy....ill see you in about 6 months when i graduate.

I have lived in an army familly my whole life, and it cant get better than that.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: United States Navy [Re: nobhdy]
    #6226564 - 10/30/06 01:05 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

What's better than what is a matter of opinion.

That being said, XUL, stay safe and enjoy your time with the Navy. Don't forget to stop by now and then and let us know how it's going.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: United States Navy [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6226586 - 10/30/06 01:11 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

well i have seen the world. i have lived in the mojave desert, Germany, Alaska, almost every state in the US, i have known many people of many walks of life, and i have all my health and life insurance covered.

to me, and im sure to many of you, that is one of the coolest things you can do in life.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Offlineelduque
Major LeagueInfidel
 User Gallery
Re: United States Navy [Re: nobhdy]
    #6226600 - 10/30/06 01:15 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

very true i have been to over 35 countries and i have seen all kinds of cultures. it is humbling to see so many different walks of life

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #6226612 - 10/30/06 01:17 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Ahh the navy, visiting prostitutes at ever port-o-call, cleaning and mopping every single day for hours on end.

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

#6226618 - 10/30/06 01:18 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

yeah it is. it has also expanded my mind and opened it to different ideas and forms of thought,unlike most of the people here on the shroomery.

like in korea. you dont really start too appreciate the US and its military and its government till you have seen comunism at work and seen what our boys do to protect democracy.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: United States Navy [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #6226625 - 10/30/06 01:20 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
Ahh the navy, visiting prostitutes at ever port-o-call, cleaning and mopping every single day for hours on end.

heh, you think you know?

see my last post.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder