Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecruisinalltheway
looking to the stars
 User Gallery

Loc: outer space
effexor and mushrooms *DELETED*
    #4502784 - 08/06/05 01:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by cruisinalltheway

Reason for deletion: na

--------------------
:sunny::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: effexor and mushrooms [Re: cruisinalltheway]
    #4502884 - 08/06/05 02:00 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yes effexor cancels out the effects of shrooms if im not mistakin.. u might wanna wait and hear back from the more wise about this.. but im pretty sure ive read it on the shroomery boards

OfflineOakbear
Trust me, I'm anurse!
Male

Loc: UK
    #4503207 - 08/06/05 05:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Use the search engine

Also try ssri as a search term, as the same issues apply to effexor.

--------------------
UK Gathering? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6108350/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment"

OfflineCerebro
Spawnmaster C
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocytus
    #6225959 - 10/30/06 04:02 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Your friend should be careful with that Effexor stuff regardless of what he/she does with it. I took that drug for a good couple of months and I felt like a total psycho. Not sleeping for days. It is known to cause manic reactions. And your friend wants take it with the shrooms sure Okay. Bad medicine in my opinion. But hey everyones different.

Edited by Cerebro (10/30/06 04:13 AM)

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: effexor and mushrooms [Re: Cerebro]
    #6226286 - 10/30/06 11:22 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I affirm that effexor and effexor like drugs "cancel out" the tripping effects. I know, you don't have to search. I have a patient who will not quit effexor and cannot trip though he has tried. Boo hoo for him!

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Invisiblekija
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: effexor and mushrooms [Re: curenado]
    #6226555 - 10/30/06 01:03 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

he will need alot more then usual to make the magic work, but yes he will "trip" if thats what he wants.

Read other threads to find suggested amounts,but start low and climb the ladder.

Don't quit for mushrooms(altho effexor is evil evil evil and the worse ssri IMO) Be safe.

--------------------
Am I breathing up or down? says the speaking fictional character.

OfflineMotorCityMadman
Rubberfan andFunketeer
 User Gallery

Loc: Motown (State of Mind)
    #6226587 - 10/30/06 01:11 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I know someone who has been on Effexor for like 4 years. He usually eats more than everyone else (which we give him endless shit about), but other than that says the trip is the same as it was before he started taking it. He didn't trip at all for about 2 years after starting effexor.

Also, he says effexor saved his life. So...maybe it's not all bad? One thing he told me is if he skips it for a day, he has the most intensely real and bizarre dreams he's ever had.

Everyone's brain is different from everyone else's...your mileage may vary. I knew a guy who couldn't get high on grass...and believe me, he tried plenty.

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: effexor and mushrooms [Re: MotorCityMadman]
    #6245135 - 11/03/06 09:21 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

? ok, I'll check it out! Maybe there is hope...

Effexor is bad, and in the old days we had this thing called psychotherapy that worked better. Once someone is on that shit, it cranks around thier brain chemistry and it's very hard to get them back off. I hate that freaky shit. I would never give it to anyone.

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

InvisiblePsilocybinMind
Herb Nerd

#6245199 - 11/03/06 09:42 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I used to take Effexor and I tried shrooms while I was on it and nothing happened. All I know is I hate that stuff and when I forgot to take it I felt like shit. Once I stopped it all together I felt much better, it did nothing for me accept make me feel more psycho.

--------------------

Edited by PsilocybinMind (11/03/06 09:51 PM)

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #6245588 - 11/03/06 11:41 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've been on Effexor for a couple of years now and it's worked out for me quite well over all. Effexor inhibits the re-uptake not only of serotonin, but of norepinephrine (also called noradrenaline)--the "stress hormone"/neurotransmitter that kicks in during severe anxiety such as a panic attack.

Unfortunately, one of the most consistent chronic effects of modern antidepressants is a down-regulation (decrease in the number of) serotonergic neurons of the 5-HT2 subtype. Drugs like MDMA, LSD, mescaline, and psilocybin share a common action on the 5-HT2[A] receptors.
This is the reason why people on antidepressants tend to develop tolerance towards hallucinogens. That's really the only "danger" of mixing Effexor with those types of drugs, assuming you're reacting positively to the Effexor itself and you don't have underlying health problems.
Personally, Effexor (I've used other antidepressants in the past) has increased my tolerance about 3x.

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: effexor and mushrooms [Re: Land_Crab]
    #6246561 - 11/04/06 10:18 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

<<Personally, Effexor (I've used other antidepressants in the past) has increased my tolerance about 3x.>>

That's my concern. Not that it's a matter of a mere chemical battle, but that it is a battle being con-ducted in the head of my patient. I try to look after thier heads.... :smile:

<<Once I stopped it all together I felt much better>>
Congrats PsilocybinMind! I think you are fortunate, self friend -

--------------------

Offlinesamantha900302
Stranger
    #8550494 - 06/22/08 12:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

this is true...im on effexor 150mg a day and when ive done shrooms and lsd i barely tripped at all. i ate an entire eighth of shrooms and just got a body buzz while my bf ate just a cap and 2 stems of the same shrooms and was tripping hard.  it sucks... im thinking of trying to come off the effexor b/c of this.

Invisiblelqdtrance
Hunter
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
Re: effexor and mushrooms [Re: samantha900302]
    #8550538 - 06/22/08 12:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I was on effexor for a while. I had to get off of it because it fucked up my sex drive. Now I am on cymbalta, it doesnt effect my sex drive but when I miss a dose I get really sick, I cant wake up, I have a really short fuse and I get vertigo. I am still on cymbalta. I dont want to be but it is hard to get off of these. I took about 9g of P. subbalteatus and had a descent trip but I should have tripped balls. Soo.......

Edited by lqdtrance (02/16/10 06:06 PM)

OfflineLazytones
Stranger

Re: effexor and mushrooms [Re: PerfectlyDefectd]
    #12039853 - 02/16/10 01:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

SSRI's increase the level of Seratonin in the brain. The effects of Psilocybin from the mushrooms also increase the levels of seratonin. Too much of this chemical can lead to  toxicity or Serotonin poisoning/ seratonin syndrome, symptoms include: tachycardia, sweating, overresponsive reflexes, muscle contractions, dehydration, increased BP, agitation, delirium, muscle rigidity, renal failure, seizures, tremor, and sometime death.

--------------------
"Earth first, make Mars our bitch!!" - Dale Gribble

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract