Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Ethics: Music Pirates = Spammers [Re: Diploid]
    #6224164 - 10/29/06 02:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yes it is because I propose that if the media companies can subvert the law so can the citizens. Do you see my point?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Re: Ethics: Music Pirates = Spammers [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6224174 - 10/29/06 02:54 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
True...I guess my opinion is colored by the fact that I am used to not even caring about the law...while I do sometimes consider ethics as an appropriate guideline to operate under within society. It must also be said that ethics are merely determined by the culture...they are not universal.

ethics merely determined by culture? that is merely your opinion. not everyone is a moral relativist.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6224185 - 10/29/06 02:57 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Don't get me started on Walmart..the one where I live started doing searches as you leave and compare your cart contents to your receipt...they force the door greeters to do this. I have mostly quit doing business with them.

This only happens when an electronic sensor on a product was not deactivated at the register. It makes sense that Wal*Mart would take one minute of your time to review your receipt and scan your bags with a handheld sensor to find the product that was not deactivated, as some individuals will hide merchandise in other merchandise and make off with it, which is shrink, which affects the store's profitability, which subsequently affect's the profit sharing of the associates in the store. Not to mention that, when shrink accumulates on the national level, it will either result in higher prices or less ability to execute operations effectively.

Not only that, but the store collects information on this, "failure to deactivate", and the type of products that are not deactivated, so that the cashiers can receive follow-up to ensure that they are not inconviencing the customer. :wink:

:levitate:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Ethics: Music Pirates = Spammers [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6224240 - 10/29/06 03:16 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

No scan..they search. It does not matter what you have. It does not have to trigger the sensor. I was told it was the store's policy. They search everybody...people even get lined up a few back to leave.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6224292 - 10/29/06 03:35 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sure you are not too concerned about the issue, but I would honestly suggest going to Customer Service, writing down the contact information for the district/market manager, and contacting them to complain. If there is no failure to deactivate, then there is no reason for them to interfere with your exiting the store. Inform them that you no longer feel like shopping there when you have been inconvienced in such a manner. If you know others who shop there and have to put up with the shit, I'd request them to do this as well. It doesn't take much contact with a district manager to get something like that fixed. That is bullshit, and it is disappointing to hear that it is occuring. :nonono:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6224316 - 10/29/06 03:44 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Let's all fix Wal-Mart. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Ethics: Music Pirates = Spammers [Re: Icelander]
    #6224360 - 10/29/06 04:04 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

The customer has the power. :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6224556 - 10/29/06 05:22 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I actually complained and suggested that this treatment was not correct, and the door greeter said that the manager had decided on the policy. Every time you leave the store they ask to see your receipt and compare it with the contents of your cart. If you are carrying one bag they don't bother you, but if you have more than that you are checked. I am concerned about the issue actually. The Walmarts in nearby towns do not do this...just ours.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6224561 - 10/29/06 05:25 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

"The customer has the power."

I do not think so. About a year ago at the same store I had a tire changed on my van and they lost my van keys. I asked to speak with the manager. I said that losing my keys was inexcusable and wanted to know what they were going to do. I did not yell, but I was very direct. The manager asked me to leave and said that I deserved no apology. They never found the keys. This recent deal about being searched is just too much.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6224572 - 10/29/06 05:31 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I would definitely contact the market manager. In customer service, they should have contact information. It is a policy that does not make sense, and the district/market manager is the person to contact. Once a few customers have called them and complained about the inconvience, I would almost guarantee that he'll communicate with the store manager and the shit will stop.

Also, I meant in the ultimate sense. Sounds like a stupid manager. Would've contacted the district manager on that one as well - it does not bode well when the district manager receives complaints on customer service. Like I said, it depends on whether or not you are interested in pursuing the matter, but that's definitely the most effective avenue through which to do so. I'd hate to think that someone would stop shopping at a store because of terrible management and customer service. :nonono:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6224590 - 10/29/06 05:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I will give it a try. It is always good to know the ins and outs of the politics of an organization. It helps when one needs to "hack" the system. I will complain to the district manager. I know that I am not so important as to expect special treatment, but I do not tolerate abuse if I do not have to. This might be a failing in my character...maybe I am not humble enough, maybe I am too self important, but it just pisses me off.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6224615 - 10/29/06 05:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

When mad, get mad. :grin: :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6224650 - 10/29/06 05:58 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I do see that one basic condition for self respect is to not allow yourself to be treated abusively. I believe that this stands on it's own.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6224654 - 10/29/06 06:01 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Not what DJ said. In fact he used tyrants to temper the spirit by taking terribly abusive conditions.  :wink:

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (10/29/06 06:01 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6224804 - 10/29/06 06:47 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I agree, but there was also a reckoning for the tyrant. If I can overcome the petty tyrant sooner than later, then it will be sooner. Now, withholding my temper and submitting to the treatment was my tempering of the spirit. My first inclination was to cuss out the poor guy who was being forced to do this...but I did not.

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #6224806 - 10/29/06 06:47 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

He wasn't forced to search your cart, he chose to.  :wink:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6224813 - 10/29/06 06:50 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

also a reckoning for the tyrant.

Yeah, fuckin tyrant. :minigun:  :samurai:  :butcher:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Ethics: Music Pirates = Spammers [Re: Veritas]
    #6224830 - 10/29/06 06:54 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, but he chose it under duress. I would have refused myself...and I have refused to search people, in a corporate setting, when given insufficient reason. I bore the consequences. Many people do not understand choice.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6224836 - 10/29/06 06:56 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

That is comforting, but a little overkill just for Walmart...that type of ire should be reserved for the government.

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #6224847 - 10/29/06 06:58 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Duress is in the eye of the beholder.  He may have thought that the prospect of losing his greeter job at Walmart was reason enough to invade customer's privacy.  Someone else would have told them to take that job and shove it.  :shrug:

Lack of knowledge about choices does not negate the fact that we have chosen.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale