Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Potency: aborts or mature?
    #622455 - 04/29/02 05:47 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Aborts are claimed to be very potent, yet the FAQ says to pick right when the veil is about to break for maximum potency. Something is amiss here.

Perhaps this is more for yield than potency?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: Potency: aborts or mature? [Re: Swami]
    #622465 - 04/29/02 05:58 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

when told to pick right before the veil breaks, most are referring to mature specimen fruitbodies. my understanding is that the mushroom has reached its climax, if you will, as far as production of active alkaloids. from this point the mushroom then starts to exert its energy in reproduction, ie. the production of spores.

abhorts are fruitbodies who never reach maturity.

personally i can't tell the difference in potency when tripping, but i'm sure there is validity in the notion that abhorts are more potent than mature specimens from an analytical point of view. the alkaloid content vs. mass or something or rather.

just my 2 cents.
peace!

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Potency: aborts or mature? [Re: Swami]
    #622470 - 04/29/02 06:01 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

This has been asked and answered more times than I can count. Next time try doing a search before asking such an easily answered question.

There is little if any difference between the two yet much more mass from a fully grown shroom. You do the math.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineLilDon697
street chemist
Loc: Jerzy
Re: Potency: aborts or mature? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #622481 - 04/29/02 06:13 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

there is more "punch" per gram basically. But you really would have to eat the same amount as normal even if your eating aborts!

--------------------
A Pimps only as good as his hoes!!!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Potency: aborts or mature? [Re: LilDon697]
    #622539 - 04/29/02 07:09 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Back it up with some facts. Show your sources or let this old wives tale die.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Potency: aborts or mature? [Re: LilDon697]
    #622916 - 04/30/02 04:59 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

luv is right. There are absolutely no sources ive read that prove that story to be true. I is a vendor myth imo~!!

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Potency: aborts or mature? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #622991 - 04/30/02 08:17 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

> There are absolutely no sources ive read that prove that story to be true.

Just do a search... everybody on here just references what they have read... oh wait, you said proof... :smile:

My friend has tried dosing on aborts only and couldn't tell a difference between them and normal fruit.  Of course this is a single sample biased obersvation and nowhere near scientific proof.  Even so, I do agree with you... I think it is mostly a myth.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag