Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGhost080
Stranger
Mushrooms didn't Work.... (liberty caps)
    #6220865 - 10/28/06 12:15 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

****Ok, this used to be an identification thread, but if you scroll down you'll see there's a new problem, but I won't bother making a whole new topic****

**Sorry if some colour descriptions aren't very specific. Hard to tell since the mushrooms in currently drying out.

A good picture of the mushrooms is invaluable, but not required.
Along with the pictures YOU ARE REQUIRED to provide the following data:

* Habitat: Ok, found in cow pasture (known locally as a place to get magic mushrooms, mostly in patches of grass. There is cow dung in the field but the mushrooms don't seem to grow directly on (or from). In the provnce of Newfoundland in the country of Canada. Can't describe the soil very well, but it's probably not of high quality since most soil in this provice isn't very good.

* Characteristics of the gills: Gills rise upward into the cap and are a dark shade of brown. I'm not exactly a mushroom pro but I wouldn't call the gills particulary crowded or packed together.

* Characteristics of the stem: Ranges in size since the musrooms rage from small to larger. The larger ones being around 6cm, smaller ones around 3.5cm. Diameter is hard to measure, they are very thin. Texture is smooth and colour is a dark brown to light brown.

* Characteristics of the cap: Diamater is roudgly half an inch. Color ranges from dark brown when and more of a light brown or shades of yellow-brown when dry. Texture is smooth, and somewhat sticky or slimy when wet (although not very sticky). Have a small nipple on the top.

* Spore print color (very important!): I woudldn't be able to tell you, I want to say black, but how can I find out for sure...?

* Color that the mushroom bruises: Mushroom does not bruse. Nothing I've noticed anyway

* Scent of the mushroom: Hard to descrbe really. Not a real pleasant smell, kind of like dirt I guess.

* Anything else you might find important: The mushrooms seem to be getting lighter as they are drying. I've actually picked these before and when dried out completly they're more of a light brown or brownish-yellow than anythign else. Me and a friend ate 12 of them just last night, but didn't expierence any sort of high. But it's possible that (if these are magic) that they were damaged because of heat.

Edited by Ghost080 (10/31/06 12:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGhost080
Stranger
Re: Need help with identification [Re: Ghost080]
    #6221049 - 10/28/06 01:50 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Anyone...?

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
    #6221072 - 10/28/06 02:01 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

they look promising from some of the pics but they are not clear enough to tell really.

need to check the spore print... but if they are half dried it might not be possible... look up how to do a spore print... it should be purple/brown.

--------------------
View My Gallery

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not So Great Britain
    #6221074 - 10/28/06 02:02 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Pics are a bit fuzzy but I would say yes. The one directly in the centre of the first pick looks like an inactive pan though.

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Need help with identification [Re: Amatoxin]
    #6221084 - 10/28/06 02:07 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Seems you got Liberty Caps and some panaeolus.
Try and sort out the ones which look dif from each other.
And go back and get some more libs :smile:

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

OfflineGhost080
Stranger
    #6221091 - 10/28/06 02:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Alright well thanks for your replys. I don't really have time for a spore print before I plan on doing them (which is like an hour from now) but I'll try it out anyway and if I don't get a print in time I'll probably still do them, because I've eaten a few of them already and wasn't poisned or anything so... I should be good to go.

EDIT: That one you say you think in non-active, it has a more rounded top than the others right? And no nipple? I that's the case I'll sort those out of the mix.

Edited by Ghost080 (10/28/06 02:12 PM)

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
    #6221125 - 10/28/06 02:24 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I thought this one looked a bit suspicious. Hard to say without it actually being in my hands...

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
    #6221236 - 10/28/06 03:16 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with amatoxin. A couple of them look like pans including the one circled. Also the one at the bottom right. I wouldn't be so cavalier about eating ones that aren't libs. Better to trip tomorrow than die tonight. Although the inactive pans won't do much more than give you the runs. Having a few conocybes in there could be worse.

OfflineGhost080
Stranger
Re: Need help with identification [Re: xmush]
    #6221256 - 10/28/06 03:27 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, thanks guys, you've been a great help. I'm about to start munching down on them with a friend or 2. i'll be sure to be extra careful and remove the non-libs from the collection.

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

#6221784 - 10/28/06 07:05 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

report back :smile:

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

OfflineGhost080
Stranger
Re: Need help with identification [Re: blacksun]
    #6221872 - 10/28/06 07:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

*sigh* A dissapointingly uneventful evening. It's been about 3 hours now and nothing to speak of has happened yet. We had 40 of them each. We both felt a bit wierd (and I still do feel "not all there") and spacey but other than that nothing at all.

It can't be that the mushrooms just decided to not work.... Do you think maybe we didn't take enough? I think we're gonna pick some more next weekend and maybe eat like... 100 each... and just see what happens.

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
    #6221879 - 10/28/06 07:43 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

40 of them each??? I was going to say I didn't think you had enough to split between two there in that box but didn't. 40 each should be easily enough though.

--------------------

OfflineGhost080
Stranger
    #6221895 - 10/28/06 07:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah we had another box with plenty. About 150. But for whatever reason.... they had no effect on us...? Is it possible that the potency is bad this year or what...?

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

#6222396 - 10/28/06 11:11 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

what the....
40 each should have been... 1.7gm[ish] each
are you sure you had liberty's in that other batch??

maybe you had inactive pscilocybe lookalike, stem gets thicker further down from cap, very slimy, no nipple? purple spore print.??
or lots of panaeolus.
hmmmmmmmm....
or they are extremely weak liberties, which is strange.

--------------------

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

#6222401 - 10/28/06 11:12 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

another thing.
perfect ID request and lots of respect. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineGhost080
Stranger
    #6222852 - 10/29/06 04:53 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Theres no way they were a different type of mushroom unless they were exact lookalikes. They had the nipple, stem size was constant for the full length, and not very slimy at all really. Oh, well, it's not the end of the world or anything. I guess I'll try picking one more time and eats a lot more.... which I guess could be risky... but I'd rather had an intense trip than none at all.

Invisiblekoraks
    #6223784 - 10/29/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

If you didn't trip on 40 specimens, I'd be _very_ reluctant to try more shrooms of the same batch. 40 should have given you a fullblown experience, unless both of you have some rediculous psilocybin tolerance (which is highly unlikely, especially to that degree.) Your finds absolutely look like libs in the photos, but the fact that you didn't trip is very awkward indeed. Did they get very hot while drying or is there another possible cause for the psilocybin to have degraded? How did you ingest them?

OfflineGhost080
Stranger
Re: Need help with identification [Re: koraks]
    #6227687 - 10/30/06 05:54 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Shouldn't have gotten hot or have been destroyed in any way. We picked them on a very cold and frosty day, they were placed in a shoe box which was placed in my closet in my cool room and they sat there for about 8 hours until we ate them one by one just by picking them out of the box and placing them in our mouth... The only thing that could have possibly destoryed the psilocybin is when we had the heat on in the car... but it shouldn't have reached a temperature anywhere near warm enough.

Also, they have got to have been liberty caps because this area is known for its magic mushrooms and I've heard accounts of people getting high off as few as 15 and 20 of these. We actually saw two other guys picking the same ones while we were there (and they were experienced hunters in that area, or so they said).

My friend told me today that some people don't get high the first time (or few times) they try mushrooms, but I'm not sure I believe that. Anyone here think that that's a possibility? Or that just maybe the psilocybin was destroyed by my car heater...?

OfflineGhost080
Stranger
    #6230914 - 10/31/06 12:29 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone have any last words or advice...?

Invisiblekoraks
    #6231113 - 10/31/06 01:17 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like there's really no possibility of the psilo being destroyed, so if you in fact picked libs, they should've worked.

Quote:

Ghost080 said:
Also, they have got to have been liberty caps because this area is known for its magic mushrooms and I've heard accounts of people getting high off as few as 15 and 20 of these. We actually saw two other guys picking the same ones while we were there (and they were experienced hunters in that area, or so they said).

The only possibility I can think of, is that you didn't pick libs after all, but some other species. Strange thing is, of course, that the mushrooms in your photos definitely look like libs, I wouldn't know what else they are...

Quote:

My friend told me today that some people don't get high the first time (or few times) they try mushrooms, but I'm not sure I believe that. Anyone here think that that's a possibility? Or that just maybe the psilocybin was destroyed by my car heater...?

First few times I tried smoking pot, it didn't get me high, nothing happened. I know many people share that experience. Perhaps, I didn't smoke enough or I didn't know what effects to look for or whatever.

However, the first time I tried shrooms, I totally tripped balls. I think the stories of first-time shroom ingestions having no effect are completely crap: either people dosed too low, had a very stiff tolerance, ate non-psilocybin shrooms or went wrong in some other, arcane way. The human brain simply reacts on psilocybin, however which way you turn it.

Edited by koraks (10/31/06 01:18 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag