Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJon
I dont like to trip with friends as much as I like tripping alone
    #6220753 - 10/28/06 11:25 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I tripped with 2 of my friends yesterday and they were pretty loud and crazy. We drank about 6 grams of tea with some poppies and 2 limes. After we downed it I told my friends we had approximately 15 minutes to get to our tripping destination. We got there fine and right when we got out of the car, everything just started to strecth and my eyeballs felt like they were popping out of my face. We headed towards the river because it was my bright idea to do so, and we headed to an arcade afterwards. This is where I started freaking out because there were soo many people around, some that I knew, that saw us being complete lunatics. I couldnt go inside the arcade because I thought we were going to get kicked out because of all the little kids in there and the cracked out way we were acting. I kept urging them to leave the shopping area because "public" was going to cause ruckus. These kids are not experienced with hallucinogens so most of the time I was worried about them acting too crazy and getting us in to trouble. It wasnt a bad trip, but I did find my friends to be extremely annoying at times, like my one friend would talk about the same thing non stop and start laughing hysterically out of nowhere. My other friend kept asking us to go outside then changing his mind and loudly complained that he had no idea what was going on. When I trip, people tend to freak me out so I try not to trip with others, because I dont have to worry about answering their questions and deal with them being obnoxious. Is it weird for me to prefer solitude when I trip? Perhaps I have a personal issue with social development?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefunnyfeeling
Stranger

Re: I dont like to trip with friends as much as I like tripping alone [Re: Jon]
    #6220781 - 10/28/06 11:37 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

There is nothing wrong with you. Tripping alone can be a much better experience for some. Personally, I like to trip alone because there is nothing to disturb my trip but me. No outside forces barging in. Have you ever tripped alone?

--------------------
"Love, Bang, Crash, Wakka, Wakka, Bam Thwok"
~ Kim Deal

OfflineCelaeno
Stranger
Re: I dont like to trip with friends as much as I like tripping alone [Re: funnyfeeling]
    #6220873 - 10/28/06 12:22 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It is not weird.
Actually, from the way you describe it, I wouldnt like to trip with them as well.
Im lucky to have two really close friends who like to trip like I do, so that's great.
But even so, I still like to trip alone from time to time.

InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

Re: I dont like to trip with friends as much as I like tripping alone [Re: Celaeno]
    #6221149 - 10/28/06 02:34 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm the same way, in a way. Except that I tend to 'give people bad trips' when I trip with others. I think and talk about pretty deep stuff. And somehow the subject of death, and where the world is heading always comes in full force on my mushroom trips.
But I'm a very strange tripper. I don't really have fun on shrooms. I'm not a laugher, I don't enjoy adventures on shrooms, especially not in public.... the majority of my trips are spent alone in total darkness and silence, either in my room or my backyard. The comedown is a different story though, I usually listen to music and dance. Which is strange because I never dance any other time.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: I dont like to trip with friends as much as I like tripping alone [Re: Blend]
    #6221550 - 10/28/06 05:30 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I don't think it's weird at all that you enjoy trippin' by yourself. I do too. A while back I tried turning on a friend of mine to cacti since he's the one that basically introduced me to acid. Unfortunately for him though, he couldn't stomach it. A while after that he said that he couldn't understand how I could trip alone so much. I thought it was very strange for him to say that. I felt like asking, "Uh, you are the dude that I dropped cid with countless times, right?"

I guess maybe he just never tripped by himself enough times to know how great it can be.

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
    #6221595 - 10/28/06 05:51 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

tripping alone is preferred for me, even though tripping with one or two good friends is quite enjoyable. tripping alone is much different, but i like it. anything goes! anyone who uses it for spiritual, meditative purposes should trip alone... but only if they like it.

InvisiblePigsarefood
Never too old to learn
I'm a teapot
Loc: PNW
Re: I dont like to trip with friends as much as I like tripping alone [Re: Limerick]
    #6221729 - 10/28/06 06:42 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

yeah I can sorta relate with you. I can act fine while stoned (somewhat drive, go places, do things), but as soon as other drug-induced people are there, it gets harder and harder to function normally.

Last night me and two friends went to a subway completely torched and needless to say, everyone in subway knew what we had been doing.

doing stuff with friends is really fun, but sometimes its good to just do it alone.

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #6221753 - 10/28/06 06:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I highly enjoy tripping alone for different reasons. Tripping with friends is a GREAT experience but I always need to have some space.

It's very hard for my mind to integrate and direct my experience in a productive direction when I have people "trippin out man!" around me.

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: I dont like to trip with friends as much as I like tripping alone [Re: sacred_mushroom]
    #6221758 - 10/28/06 06:55 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Plus, Solitude is ESSENTIAL if you want to have a truly profound reflective experience. I value the personal reflection more than /almost/ any other part of the experience, but that can only be fully successful if your the only energy dictating it's direction.

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: I dont like to trip with friends as much as I like tripping alone [Re: Limerick]
    #6221859 - 10/28/06 07:33 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I deffinately find my most intense trips have been on my own, so i usually save high dose trips for when i'm by myself, but i have one or two friends who i like tripping with, but alot of others just frustrate me completely so i tend to always be ina fairly small group when i trip when i'm not tripping alone.

Seems your friends just aren't the kind of people you like tripping with, but then again, it could have just been there inexperience, you should maybe give them a little while until they're a bit more comfortable with the experience and then reach your verdict if they're the sort of tripping buddies you want(if any)

Tripping by yourself lets you get to know yourself,whereas tripping with someone else, you really get to see inside them imo

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: I dont like to trip with friends as much as I like tripping alone [Re: SapphireCat]
    #6222278 - 10/28/06 10:19 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I think its fine to do it by yourself or with friends, but if they know whats going on, have some experience and can understand and enjoy the trip, and still chill then its much better, your on the same plane and you can enjoy the trip.
I will try it by myself one day, with a low dose to start me off.

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract