Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
freakin myself out heh :)
    #621071 - 04/28/02 04:10 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I was just staring into the mirror while listening to shpongle.. I made
myself kinda trip out - I start by making myself see two images, unfocusing
my eyes. Then I cleared my mind and concentrated on that 'higher' level. I
then looked at my pupils - they were super-dilated. Like tripping dilated.
It went away about 2 mins later. Is this normal? Can I reawaken this
mind-state as it is familiar to me?
It kinda has me a little scared actually..
Looking at my monitor now I actually notice the refresh rate far more than
normal - it's on 75hz but I see it flashing gently now and then.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRaven_420
TITLE

Loc: Canada
Re: freakin myself out heh :) [Re: _JJ_]
    #621365 - 04/28/02 01:16 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I do believe that's somewhat like Buddhism? I'm not positive if it's Buddhism or not, but they can meditate and actually bring them selves to a hallucinogenic state.... I find that really interesting. You try hard enough, maybe you can do the same without having to learn an entire religion. But I have to head er on into work. So take it easy.

-Raven

--------------------
* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#621393 - 04/28/02 02:03 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I do things like this all day, though sometimes it really does creep me out. It usually just HAPPENS, no matter what I'm doing, I just start to go into weird thought processes. The most common thing that happens to me is suddenly seeing the entire picture, like looking through eyes on acid, when the whole world appears to you at once, not just an object in focus. It disorients me but weirdest of all is the sensations I get from just seeing everything, perspective is really fucked, etc...

I feel like I should cut down on tripping because day to day I feel very bizarre mentally, but I don't know whether it's all just psychosomatic, or if it is my overactive imagination at work, or ...

In any case, I'm sure the pupil dilation is completely coincedental, you can't make your pupils dilate from even heavy meditation.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: freakin myself out heh :) [Re: HB]
    #622098 - 04/29/02 09:25 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Raven_420: That would be really interesting and great if it's possible.. I would love to be able to see the bigger picture as with shrooms when I wanted... the different way of thinking while tripping is so useful for many things - despite it being overwhelmingly indecisive, its importance is that it can show you how others think about any issue, allowing you to better your judgement. I'll keep tryin :smile:

HeavenlybluE3113:
Regarding pupil dilation.. well I've managed to do it again today. It takes me about 2 mins and then my eyes are dilated for about an hour. Any other explanation? I'm not on any medication.. I simply stand there, unfocus my eyes, and concentrate on that higher level of understanding and they dilate.

When you talk about seeing the entire picture - do you mean visually or mentally? Bizarre mentally.. can you expand on that? Like do you think about things in a more fuzzy indecisive sort of way? Or is it something else..?

Cheers :smile:

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

#622122 - 04/29/02 10:15 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I recall reading that the human eye has been known to dilate up to at least 20% more then it currentely is just by seeing something it "likes".

--------------------
,'~Þ

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

#622123 - 04/29/02 10:15 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I recall reading that the human eye has been known to dilate up to at least 20% more then it currentely is just by seeing something it "likes". Or sometying YOU like for that matter.

--------------------
,'~Þ

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#624841 - 05/02/02 11:39 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I mean visually AND mentally, and it seems like it gets stronger every day.  What it is is a sudden realization of everything at once in my field of view, as well as all the philosophy behind it.

For example, looking at a landscape (such as a mountain with a sunset behind it) in which I see every tree at once, and the sunset, etc, and while looking at it realizing how fake and plastic it all looks ... as though I'm playing a videogame.  Except this happens day to day sober for me.  I feel bizarre but not like it would be worrisome, it's just a new interesting way to look at life.

I believe I think about it all being so fake now just because of a trip I took late december which was most likely a high level 4 or level 5 in which I lost complete grip on reality, finding everything in reality to be a horrible lie, and the world itself to be fake.  It freaked me out and it hasn't left me, either.  I constantly just think about how fake and videogame-ish everything seems now ... in a way it helps me through life, as I can laugh at a lot of it rather than take so much of the bullshit seriously.  I look at the world sometimes like a giant terrarium, and nature itself is just the little plastic parts put in for humans and animals to "climb around" on, sort of like an ant farm.

In essence, I guess, I just see the world in a completely new way now, and after each trip it gets that much more twisted.  But if it every gets to a point where I start to not be level-headed I'll stop or cut down on tripping.  I've taken heavy trips, but now I almost always only look for, at maximum, a level 3 trip.  I don't really need high doses of shrooms to completely twist reality any more, I only need a low amount and my mind does the rest for me ...

Would I be considered mentally stable? :wink:

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: freakin myself out heh :) [Re: HB]
    #625143 - 05/02/02 06:24 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I'm familiar with looking at something and thinking it looks so plastic and toylike. Sometimes at night I'll look at a tree and it'll seem like it's one of those fake trees/plants in a resturant. Or sometimes I'll be able to make something appear to be breathing. If you've ever just sort of stared off at a spot on the wall, then everything else goes out of focus then looks like everything is kinda of melting and morhping, but when I look around, it'll stop. I think we all have the natural ability to make ourselves hallucinate, and people who have done psychedelics know how to do it with their mind. It sure makes smoking weed more fun if you can make yourself hallucinate slightly :laugh: 

Offlinetoo_many_weirdos
it's a jungle inhere
Loc: Ithaca, NY
Re: freakin myself out heh :) [Re: Sheepish]
    #625883 - 05/03/02 04:24 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, whenever i look at the bathroom ceiling while i gargle listerine, the ceiling sorta turns 3-d on me, like it pops out at me. it happens with letters and words sometimes too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds