Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Poker night
    #6218689 - 10/27/06 06:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yup, off to go play some Texas Holdem, always a good time, despite the fact that i usually loose, because i dont fold enough hands and constantly chase flush and straight draws.

any old hands at the game care to give me some advice?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: Poker night [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6219069 - 10/27/06 07:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Limit or no-limit?

You said it yourself. FOLD SHIT HANDS! Once in a while I'll play a flush draw but get out quick if the betting gets high.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #6219214 - 10/27/06 08:28 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

when you fold your straight and flush draws, the card you need are going to come up. when you chase them, they're not going to come up. simple as that.

you should be folding before the flop a lot. only play it when you have good cards, or just an intuition

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineKarmatron
Kundalini Kid
 User Gallery

Loc: Planet Zuyua
Re: Poker night [Re: nightkrawler]
    #6219285 - 10/27/06 09:01 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Wait... DON'T chase flush and straight draws? DAMMIT.

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
Re: Poker night [Re: Karmatron]
    #6219289 - 10/27/06 09:03 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

should we start a holdem place here on the shrromery. i got the legalese for yall if yall wanna make a shroomery on line holdem forum.

tht would be serious.

--------------------
Asshole

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #6219325 - 10/27/06 09:19 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Tuesday nights I play a no limit holdem cash game. I consistantly break even or make money. Overall I make small amounts. I have a very simple strategy. I will reveal my secret to you. I fold over 90% of my hands pre flop. When I do have the goods I play aggresivly and am usually overpowering. I basically only play a high pocket pair, A, K, Q, J, or big slick. If I have suited connected or a low pair, I'll try to see the flop for cheap. If I don't flop the nuts, and get raised, I fold. The way I play is super tight and aggressive. It gets a lot of respect. People know that when I go in I pretty much have the goods. Do not chase if it costs you. Fold your rags. Play strong when you have the nuts. And maybe once a night steal a pot when you have rags. If you call every hand, and play loose you will inevitably lose. The poeple I play with think I'm lucky. I'm really just patient. That's it. That's the secret to playing at least break even poker.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinemorphius2661
Basic Psychonaut
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NC
Re: Poker night [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #6219348 - 10/27/06 09:25 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:
Tuesday nights I play a no limit holdem cash game. I consistantly break even or make money. Overall I make small amounts. I have a very simple strategy. I will reveal my secret to you. I fold over 90% of my hands pre flop. When I do have the goods I play aggresivly and am usually overpowering. I basically only play a high pocket pair, A, K, Q, J, or big slick. If I have suited connected or a low pair, I'll try to see the flop for cheap. If I don't flop the nuts, and get raised, I fold. The way I play is super tight and aggressive. It gets a lot of respect. People know that when I go in I pretty much have the goods. Do not chase if it costs you. Fold your rags. Play strong when you have the nuts. And maybe once a night steal a pot when you have rags. If you call every hand, and play loose you will inevitably lose. The poeple I play with think I'm lucky. I'm really just patient. That's it. That's the secret to playing at least break even poker.

That's pretty much how I play. When everyone plays like this then being able to read people really starts to come into play. I personally dont care for playing with people that will play anything, lol.

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the estabilished authorities are wrong."

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder