Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestoner101
Stranger
what's wrong with me
    #6216544 - 10/27/06 01:38 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

ok guys what's wrong with me? about four months ago on my best friend and i deciced to do something really stupid. well we made a smoothie with 13grams of B+ that were home grown and 1gram of eq. and split it. well me being an experienced tripper and had done 5grams of golden teacher the week before thought i could handle it. well i drank mine in five minutes flat and my best friend drank his over a course of an hour. see im a small guy of 5'8" and weigh about 140 pounds and hes a heavy set person of 6'1" and about 220 pounds well about two hours in to the trip i fuckin freaked out. i ran up the stairs and yelled for someone to check my pulse and they were tripping to, they told me it was 180 beats a minute and thats a heart attack, no one would take me to the hospital, and it felt like my body was over heating. i tried and i tried to make myself throw up and fialily after chuging 30oz of water it came out. well i recovered and i really thought that, that i was going to die and that was going to be the end. my friend on the other hand held is cool and tripper for a serious ten hours straight. i tried about a gram of GT's a week later just to tell my self that i could do it again and that everything would be ok. but on the onset i freaked out and made my self throw up. i tried shrooms again .5gram of thai and four hours later of not feeling much i freaked out and i couldn't keep my heart rate down like a panic attack. and i checked my temp. and it said 101.3 and i freaked out more. well i was wondering if im ok or what. did these little magic shrooms put a curse on me. and sometimes if even have a little bit of wine or some tylenol pm's it freaks me out and reminds me of that night where i almost died. and that has never affected me before that one night. well i want to know what you guys think. so any comments will be helpfull. thank you all. and i know that, that was a stupid thing and i have learned so much about that night and about myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCakes
some guy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizonee
Re: what's wrong with me [Re: stoner101]
    #6216552 - 10/27/06 01:42 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Lay off the psychoactive substance for a while...a long while.

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: what's wrong with me [Re: Cakes]
    #6216581 - 10/27/06 02:09 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

eh i experienced and sorta still do expreince the same thing. i thoight i o.d. on a rc and flipped out. Then when i would take really any drug recreationally even if it were an opiate like codiene i would think i was dying at one point or another during the trip. Well i started taking xanax or vicodin(vicodin works a lot better for me, dont know why) and basically mellowd me out to the point where i wouldnt care. When i trip now without any other relaxing drugs im almsot back to normal

--------------------

Offlinedumbsnake34
Crazy Dude
    #6216625 - 10/27/06 03:04 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Different substances work for different people. Personally, I can't deal with alcohol very well and I never really cared for weed. Tripping suites me well. You can call me a pussy for not drinking alcohol, but whatever, its not for everybody. One of my best friends doesn't do any substances and I assure you he lives a pretty good life. You should think about why you want to do substances. If they aren't fun or rewarding, then save your money and time. Its kind of a blessing.

--------------------
mmmm, daydreaming

InvisibleTheEnd
Strange Daze

Re: what's wrong with me [Re: dumbsnake34]
    #6216730 - 10/27/06 03:54 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

In short...you traumatized yourself, for real. Now whenever you ingest any kind of substance, something inside of you snaps and makes you think you're going to go through that whole experience again, all that anxiety and fear coming back to you no matter what you take. You're basically going to have to condition yourself somehow if you want to continue doing any sort of substance, or just get used to the fact that you can't handle them anymore. Either way, forcing yourself to do things just for the sake of knowing that you can do it, is never a good reason. Like dumbsnake34 said, you should seriously think about why you're wanting to do substances.

:peace:

--------------------

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: what's wrong with me [Re: TheEnd]
    #6216821 - 10/27/06 05:27 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I had the exactly the same thing on laced weed.
I THOUGHT my pulse was like 160 or something, did you use something to check it, or a person tripping?
Remember if a sober person says its everything is fine and you trust them then put your mind to ease.

I went to the hospital because I thought I was dieing.
Whenever i smoked a bit of weed after that i thought of what happened and the mindset would start it off again.

If you want to enjoy mushrooms/psychedelics again then you need to clear all that shit out and remind yourself you had a bad trip, and that what happened was just you concentrating on your heart which then got consumed into trip waves and you THOUGHT it was going ultra fast when actually it wasnt.

If your gonna do it again check set/setting and do a small dose, if you think your heart is going mad check it with an outside source [someone thats not tripping or an electronic device] and if its normal 50-100ish[i think :smile:] then make the mental note that its the mushrooms making you percieve that, and move your mind somewhere else.

Good luck.

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mongolia
Re: what's wrong with me [Re: blacksun]
    #6217178 - 10/27/06 08:06 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

"they told me it was 180 beats a minute and thats a heart attack"

I believe that depends on what kind of shape ur in and ur physiology....I regularly have 160-170 during cardio workout (1-1.5 hrs 3-4 times a week)..and push to 190-200 for short bursts (<5 min). BTW my resting HR is 45-50bpm

"Like dumbsnake34 said, you should seriously think about why you're wanting to do substances."

I think this is really important. The mindset, and your expectations are critical. I have done many things for the wrong reasons, with disastorous results. Live and learn....listen to your body.

--------------------
Its all about perspective.....spend more time "being, less time "doing"

Edited by Tahoe58 (10/27/06 08:08 AM)

Offlinesoulcircus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: what's wrong with me *DELETED* [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6217225 - 10/27/06 08:18 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Re: what's wrong with me [Re: soulcircus]
    #6217291 - 10/27/06 08:39 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

ok first of all, this same thing happened to me as a result of smoking too much marijuana. basically, i got to the point where nearly every time i would smoke marijuana (which i did every day) my heart would race and i would have a horrific panic attack. i quit smoking marijuana a few months later but after having all those panic attacks, i found myself panicing every time i ingested any sort of drug, even just a couple of beers would give me a panic attack and make my heart race. what i recommend you do is stop using all drugs and focus on getting mentally and physically healthy for AT LEAST one year. that may sound like a long time but these kind of issues take a while to heal in my experience and if you try to use drugs again before you're ready, you run the risk of getting right back into panic land. anyway, do a lot of cardio exercise like running in order to get yourself accustomed to very high heart rates, this will help you guage what kind of load your heart can bear and so you'll be much less likely to panic just because you're experiencing an increased heart rate. also remember you don't have to use drugs, its perfectly acceptable to live life entirely sober.

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Re: what's wrong with me [Re: porcupine]
    #6217296 - 10/27/06 08:41 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I had the exactly the same thing on laced weed.
I THOUGHT my pulse was like 160 or something, did you use something to check it, or a person tripping?
Remember if a sober person says its everything is fine and you trust them then put your mind to ease.

are you sure it was laced? 160 bpm is not unheard of with marijuana, ive measured my pulse at 150 on marijuana before and i'm sure its been much more than that during some of my panic episodes.

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
    #6217588 - 10/27/06 10:50 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

my resting heart rate is 70ish, i think i might have accentuated it a bit by not chilling out.
It could have been very strong weed.

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Offlinestoner101
Stranger
Re: what's wrong with me [Re: blacksun]
    #6222184 - 10/28/06 09:47 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

well thanks for all the responses. some of you ask why i even want to do them again, the reason is, is that i had a whole bunch of fun tripping before this whole thing happened, i just want the old times back and not freak out. im in pretty good shape at the time i was 7% body fat, and worked out all the time. one more question can shrooms give you a heat atack?

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#6222197 - 10/28/06 09:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

no heart attack. Its all in your head... panic attack.... anxiety...

think post traumatic stress...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: what's wrong with me [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #6222274 - 10/28/06 10:18 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah your pulse rate is due to the adrenalin of freaking out. This has nothing to do with heart attacks. Your adrenalin will kick in every time you get extremely paranoid. Trust me your heart can take alot more than that. Besides if your worried about a heart attack, you need to check your blood pressure rather than your pulse rate. Pulse rates have nothing to do with heart attacks. This is not to say the shrooms didn't stress you out physically, but a heart attack, hardly.

The best thing to do is educate and prepare yourself for these trips
for the smallest things can set you off if your not prepared. Also try eating a little before a trip, so the experience doesn't hit like a freight train.

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Re: what's wrong with me [Re: capliberty]
    #6222749 - 10/29/06 02:37 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

here is a case report of someone who had a heart attack from shrooms:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...l=pubmed_DocSum

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #6222765 - 10/29/06 02:57 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

links not working but they probably ahd a preexisting heart problem got worked up (possibly a panic attack didnt read it) and heart crapped out on em. Its not good to take drugs that raise blood pressure and heart rate if your not healthy...that includes weed.

--------------------

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: what's wrong with me [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6222819 - 10/29/06 04:03 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I had a crazy night on BZP (an awesome time) and weird things started to happen, seeing odd things feeling faint etc. I went to the hospital so set my mind at ease, the nurse said my heart beat was proably around 180-200 for a numer of hours, which was why I was hallucinating.

Remember that after freaking out your heart beat will go through the roof, so staying calm is the best thing you can do. You are very unlikely to get a heart attack, you are probably associating your bad experience with you when you take more mushrooms, meaning you are in a mindset that will send you on a downward spiral.

If you are going to take them, how about taking a very small amount, threshhold dose, and easing yourself back into the swing of things.
I'd wager that people who have heart attacks on shrooms are probably in the middle of freaking out, not directly because of physical effects on your heart rate.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: what's wrong with me [Re: Feelers]
    #6222926 - 10/29/06 06:24 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

panic attack and heart attack are too close to each other,
how many heart attack deaths did not involve panic, probably less than 20 %,
so
the thing to avoid is
dosing too high.
we have to get where we are going gently.
(this also helps with the whole panic issue)
we are not cone heads
we are not getting any brownie points for consuming mass quantities of anything.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineDr_Mcgillicuddy
Stranger

Re: what's wrong with me [Re: dumbsnake34]
    #6222966 - 10/29/06 06:56 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

dumbsnake Im the same man I am not big on alchohal and people freakout because I don't want to drink a beer

The reason I can't drink beer is because my first time drinking me and 4 friends each downed a 20 Oz of colt 45(I think it was 20oz the bottles were fucking huge) in what seemed like a hour I was so drunk and got so sick I can't stand the taste of any beer I gag just on smelling it.. its kinds too bad but fuck it. Tried some Jim Beam the other night,not bad at all I must say

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: what's wrong with me [Re: Dr_Mcgillicuddy]
    #6223187 - 10/29/06 09:02 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've been through this almost exact circumstance. I'd start freaking out on every drug no matter what it was. Weed freaked me out and gave me panic attacks daily, too. Eventually I had a crazy mushroom trip and came to terms with it all and moved on. Just take your time. Time fixes everything.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies