Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehazeblaze
Dreamwalker
Being BULLied?!!!
    #621691 - 04/28/02 10:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hi, I'm new to pickin my own shrooms...being that I recently moved between the long stretch from Atlanta to Athens, I'm surrounded by cow pastuers and decided that free shrooms were worth the minimal effort of lookin for 'em...As I'm typing I feel blessed to revel in the enlightenment of two fresh P. cubes...ofcourse now I'm wishing I would've gathered some more, but I was discouraged from searching the field I found these in...I kept getting followed by two of the f@ckin cows!!! I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not this is normal? They didn't charge me, but they kept coming closer when ever I turned my back to them...is it normal for cows to be territorial or are they just curious? I've always thought cows to be non-dangerous, but I wouldn't want to find out the hard way? Any insight?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: Being BULLied?!!! [Re: hazeblaze]
    #621731 - 04/28/02 11:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hehe. :smile:

I wouldn't worry too much. Just don't act rash, and keep your distance from them! Yes, they can charge you!

It's usually pretty easy to tell if you're annoying them as they'll stamp their hooves etc. They were probably just a bit touchy that day, don't let it worry you too much!

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #621736 - 04/28/02 11:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Did you move from athens to atlanta, or vera vice (or is it vice vera?)
Do you go to the university of ga?

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #621742 - 04/28/02 11:20 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I kept getting followed by two of the f@ckin cows!!! I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not this is normal? They didn't charge me, but they kept coming closer when ever I turned my back to them...is it normal for cows to be territorial or are they just curious? I've always thought cows to be non-dangerous, but I wouldn't want to find out the hard way

They are not going to bother you that much they are curious and most likly think you have some good food (something other than grass or straw)

If you want revenge wait till dark when they fall asleep run and tip them over it may not be the answer but it sure as hell is funny.

OfflineNewHunter
help
Loc: Washington
Re: Being BULLied?!!! [Re: dimitri211]
    #621786 - 04/29/02 12:33 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

like dimitri said they probably think you have some food for them, they shouldnt be a problem at all unless you are teasing them(yelling, running around alot, etc...)another thing never walk directly behind they cow, they can get nervous and kick you right in the dome! Just like most animal if you dont bother them they wont boher you, but there is always exceptions

--------------------
RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN

OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery
Re: Being BULLied?!!! [Re: NewHunter]
    #621853 - 04/29/02 01:47 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

cow tipping is just one of the reasons farmers get pissed off when people are in their fields..im not trying to be a prick but have some respect for the farmers...

--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Offlineskoalman
Stranger
    #621947 - 04/29/02 04:44 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

they are making sure you don't pick any of their shrooms, if you did, they would probably chase you down and eat you.......

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #621988 - 04/29/02 06:24 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hahaha, that's funny shit. Once me and some friends were just taking a walk around and climbed into this paddock with shitloads of cows, and I think we taunted them, waving fingers or yelling something, and they all looked at us, then charged! Scary shit, we ran out of there pretty fast. Then pissed ourselves laughing.

OfflineNot_A_Narc
Loc: Headquarters
    #622925 - 04/30/02 07:35 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

NEVER steal a cows stash.. They can be worse than the mob if they find that you are taking their shrooms and have been known to burry people under large pattys to feed the mycellium network..

--------------------
Im JUST a student, One looking to get high on the marijuana cigarets and eat the mushrooms like you all.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#623259 - 04/30/02 03:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Lol this is a funny ass post.

Me being a city-slicker, I dont really know much about cows, growing up. When I moved to the big island of hawaii, I found that to get the the cop. cyans. you would have to walk through parker ranch, one of the biggest (if not the biggest) ranches in the nation.

Id walk up to a herd of cows looking to see what might be growing underneath them, to be stared upon, and moo'ed at. Not knowing what to do, Id just walk away but if they ever charged, I was pretty much out of luck due to the fact that the nearest fence was a few miles away.

Learn to respect them, it is there shit you are dealing with hehe.

Anonymous

#623671 - 05/01/02 01:30 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I have friends who claim to have went cow tipping but how come every time I see cows at night that they are laying down sleeping? I also have went hunting in the past at night and those cows were also sleeping laying down. Not that I want to go cow tipping or anything but thats just weird everytime I see them at night they are sleeping like every other animal I know...laying down or maby their resting and not sleeping...who knows

OfflineJust a Punk
Shithawk

Loc: Canada
    #623683 - 05/01/02 01:43 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Cows are pretty dumb. They are also mainly friendly. If you yell at them harshly or act aggressively they will usually keep their distance.

Bulls are another story.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
:B

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Being BULLied?!!! [Re: ]
    #623720 - 05/01/02 02:31 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

error

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (05/01/02 02:32 AM)

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Being BULLied?!!! [Re: ]
    #623721 - 05/01/02 02:31 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Cows & horses sleep standing up. I've seen heaps of them. Maybe the one you saw where just resting... (???)  :wink:

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #624613 - 05/02/02 05:34 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Think Dimitri???

The cows did not do anything to warrant revenge. You as a vendor should teach respect and responsibility.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Being BULLied?!!! [Re: Joshua]
    #624896 - 05/02/02 02:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

cows can lie down to take quick naps but have to sleep standing up most of the time cause thier circulation slows down when they sleep and they will not be able to get bask up unless they manage to roll over, at least that's how it was explained to me and it makes sense since cows have realy skinny legs compared to thier body size. also i have seen a cow lying down trying to roll over before, that or it just ate too many mushrooms.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflinePrimorda
Loc: Florida
    #625969 - 05/03/02 08:45 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

This is very normal behavior for cows. When I go to a field I will sit in the woods
beside it and watch for about 10 min. Many times the farmer/farmers will be out there unloading or moving food(6' rolls of hay) around in the field depending on the environments of the field at the time. The cows will follow like a bunch of
hungry puppies.Hell ,most farmers talk to them like they are pups! IME when they
get close enough they stop following me. I think they realise who I am and say
"That's that nasty fucker that gets mushrooms out of our shit we don't want any food from him!". The times that I have ran from them they all started running. Not good. The ones u should watch r the young and old bulls. After awhile they will get used to u.

OfflineSkankfeet
journeyman
Re: Being BULLied?!!! [Re: Primorda]
    #626027 - 05/03/02 09:51 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hey be careful, I know some of the people that own some of those fields along that road between Athens and Atlanta...be careful...the local head of county law enforcement is one of them and the rest might poss shoot you and bury you under a chicken house. Besides if you go get em all, where am I supposed to go.

SERIOUSLY BE CAREFUL, I'm not kidding about this. I know some of these people, They don't take kindly to strangers on their property and will do more than ask you to leave if they catch you.

--------------------
I'm never SURE of anything

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification