Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
can you pasturize poo-dry it-steralize later when needed
    #6203463 - 10/23/06 07:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i was thinking about agars magical myco-nytro.

is it possible to pasturize poo, then dry it...like by fan, and then months later just hydrate the poo and steralize in a microwave like you can do for agar's myco nytro?

has anyone ever tried this?

i remember reading a long time ago that he added some sort of time release 'contaminate fighter' in his mix which would be activated when the stuff was steralized. what could that be? i wonder if it was something ive seen in a local hydroponic store, i dont remember its name though. maybe if we knew we could add that to dried-pre-pasturized poo and we could all enjoy the convenience of just steralizing poo in a microwave.

could it be this simple?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenovicemycology
dabbeler
 User Gallery

Re: can you pasturize poo-dry it-steralize later when needed [Re: Shnezbit]
    #6203525 - 10/23/06 07:45 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Well I would just wait then pasturize a day or enough hours before you need it. I have though used up some left overs about a week after pasturizing, without doing anything more but rehydrating with some distilled water and everything went fine.

However you do not want to sterilize it ever! You need all the nutes in the poo if you sterilized it you would kil them all off. Pasturize between 150F and 170F. Sterilizing takes place above 200F.

Just to opinionize my experinces incase it helps.

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

Loc: Arizona Bay
Re: can you pasturize poo-dry it-steralize later when needed [Re: novicemycology]
    #6203550 - 10/23/06 07:50 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Dry it, store it (not for too long) then pasteurize when need be

--------------------

Ronhero on the Growery is me

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: can you pasturize poo-dry it-steralize later when needed [Re: Babo911]
    #6203814 - 10/23/06 08:45 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i was just wondering so i could pasturize a large amount at once, then store for later as needed. instead of pasturozing each time.
o well, just a thought.

Offlinemycofiliac
Known before asSpaceman
Male
Loc: Children of the corn
    #6204326 - 10/23/06 10:37 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I have always heard pasturize hpoo not to sterilize... But how can you sterilize pf cakes and not kill the nutes in it but sterilixe hpoo and kill the nutes. Could someone explain this?

--------------------
Swimming in the environment

OfflineCryogenicz
what?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: can you pasturize poo-dry it-steralize later when needed [Re: mycofiliac]
    #6204440 - 10/23/06 11:02 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

has nothing to do with nutes. this has to do with bacteria, good bacteria and bad. when you sterilize something, it kills EVERYTHING, when you pasteurize something, you lower the bad bacteria, and keep the good bacteria allowing it to last alot longer and help mycelium growth.

--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
Mushroom Supplies. Fast Turnaround Times. Great Service.
orders@mycopath.com
enter code shroomery for 10% off product.

www.FungiForum.com

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: can you pasturize poo-dry it-steralize later when needed [Re: Cryogenicz]
    #6206663 - 10/24/06 02:44 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i guess i was thinking that maybe it'ld work by using the microwave. just enough sterilization to kill any air born contaminates that latched on throught the drying process of the pasturized poo, but not enough to kill the good bacteria.

ive been using some myco-nytro agar was kind enough to send me and im running out.

that stuff is soooo awesome and simple. all i have to do is hydrate and microwave for six- 2 minute intervals with 2 minute intervals of cool off time in between. it works great, no problems.

i wish i could just have tons of this stuff lying around. its so quick and easy. i usually put it in the fridge to cool down after so i can spawn. it might not be recommended to do that but i have had no problems.

i was hoping i could just pasturize a but load of poo and then dry it out and have it around for a quick micro-wave sterilization when ready to spawn every now and then.

i wish we new his secret.

myco-nytro is an incredible invention. its too bad its not available for the world to benefit from.

he's in my prayers always now.

Invisiblenovicemycology
dabbeler
 User Gallery

#6212869 - 10/26/06 01:19 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I would say if you can store in a sterile enviroment and able to keep the h/poo from decomposing (not sealed up, able to breathe) you would be just fine, as long as you rehydrtated with distilled h2o you should be good. Though a sterile enviroment with ventilation isnt sterile. good luck. I say "when ready, get ready," when growing.

Edited by novicemycology (10/26/06 01:22 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag