Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond Flag
The greatest camping trip ever. 50g cubes with 2 lbs Peruvian. * 3
    #6210090 - 10/25/06 10:04 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Preface:

Recently, all my plans to get away for the weekend and get a little "me time" keep falling through and I end up having to work all day saturday. Last week my wife went to this sweet place called Yogaville where she lived in a tent, ate almost nothing at all, practiced yoga and meditated all day. She also got some continuing education credits for a Thai yoga massage class she took since she's a massage therapist by trade. Well she had fun but I was miserable being at home by myself and was quite jealous. So my plans this past week were dashed because I had to drive quite a distance to go pick her up. Well this weekend she'll be attending her best friend's bachelorette party, which gives me the perfect opportunity to slip away to the mountains with the dogs for a night or two.

So, I really want to give mushrooms another try since I do grow my own and I’ve been reading so many positive accounts from folks here. It's been several years since my last real mushroom experience. Nothing bad happened, I just grew out of them I guess. I really want to go all out this weekend so here's the plan; a pound and a half fresh peruvian torch with 30g fresh cubensis. I've tried pretty much every combination of drugs I can think of ( conventional ones anyway ) LSD+shrooms, L+MDMA, LSA+shrooms, etc., etc. but have never combined mescaline with anything but massive quantities of tequilla. I'm imagining the combination of Psilocybin and mesc will be quite entertaining. Like I said, I'm bringing my two best friends, the dogs, so hopefully they will be able to keep me in line during this little excursion.

____________________________________________________________________________________.

So it’s Friday, October 20th, 6:00pm and I just clocked out from work. Last week, my boss told me that I need to spend at least a thousand dollars of company money on tools and equipment so I use my brand new $700 air compressor to inflate the tires of my bike. That’s all it will ever be used for. I throw on my back pack and head out of the office, delirious with anticipation of a weekend devoted all to me.
It’s about 2.5 miles home, unfortunately the way home is all uphill. No matter, I have all the energy in the world knowing that as soon as I make all my stops, I’ll be on my way to the mountains. The first on the list was the liquor store where I picked up a fifth of Cruzan dark rum ( to be mixed with hot apple cider. The best way to stay warm in the mountains) and an airplane bottle of JW scotch. I had already procured my groceries for the weekend so the next stop was the cigar shop where I grabbed a couple Davidoffs ( my favorite ) and a pack of clove cigarettes in case the mood hit me. I hate regular cigarettes but sometimes when I’m tripped out I get the urge to smoke something. I throw the goods in my pack and hurry home, the sun now sinking low in the sky.
I get home just in time to see my wife off. Her friends are coming to pick her up for her best friend’s bachelorette party which, unfortunately, leaves us no time for sweet, sweet lovin’. Oh well, if she didn’t already have plans this weekend, she never would have let me get out of that house. So it was a quick good-bye and I started loading the jeep. Everything is just about accounted for; tent, sleeping bag, pack filled with books, sketch pads and drawing utensils, and most importantly, my takamine acoustic guitar. After everything is securely tucked in, I go back to the house for one last trip. I grab my jacket from the closet, my harmonica and my two trip sitters and partners in crime; Mudflap and Banana. Mudflap is our 3 year old pound puppy, he’s the sweetest pit bull you’ll ever meet despite his one blind eye and spiked collar. He only looks vicious. Banana is my spoiled little princess. She’s a one year old English bulldog going on her third camping trip. A little explanation: her name was Savanah when we got her and we kept calling her Savanah banana. Now it’s just Banana.
Both dogs have been inside, flipping out because they see me coming in and out for various things and they know exactly what is going on. Muddy is wagging his tail so fast that he’s knocking shit over left and right while Banana ( has no tail ) is running around in very tight, little circles. Normally, I don’t let them out without a leash here in the city but I knew they were okay to let out this time. “ Get in the jeep “ I say as I open the door, allowing both dogs to run out of the house like a pair of crazed hyenas. Locking up the house behind me, I make one last check and close the door. Both dogs have climbed in through the open back hatch and were both eagerly waiting for me in the front seat. The sky is turning a beautiful fall orange as the sun is dipping below the horizon and we are finally on our way, just another two hour drive to my little honey hole.
This magical little spot is in the middle of the Mt. Pleasant wilderness area which means there aint shit around. The jeep is the only way up there via dirt ATV trail. I throw it into four wheel drive and begin the 3 mile ascent to a large field between 2 mountains known as Hog camp Gap. The reason for the goofy name is that during the early years of the colonization of this country, many folks up in the mountains raised hogs and would use this large field as a place to camp when moving a large group of sows from one farm to another. All around this area are 3 foot tall stone fences called hog walls. Anyway, the field is absolutely beautiful, especially in autumn. This little fact had me a little worried as I was expecting to see a few other people here; like I said, it’s a wilderness area so there’s no campground, no showers or toilets but it’s still a popular place for hikers to camp. The Appalachian trail runs right through the field, actually. But as we near the top of the ATV trail, the dogs’ heads bouncing up and down with the bumps in the road, I’m just hoping that neither of them throw up on my guitar case. At the top, I rejoice as I see there are no other cars in the small parking area. I look over at the field and the moon is shining so bright that I can see the bright orange maple trees and the glistening dew on the grass. But best of all, no tents. Hog camp gap is all mine.
I park the jeep, leaving the headlights on to illuminate the way to my usual camping spot, and let the dogs out of the car. Banana refuses to jump down from that high so I have to give her a hand; Muddy is already throwing up in the dirt from the rough ride up the mountain. He has a sensitive tummy. Both of them have been here before and Banana takes off for the usual spot while Muddy hangs around to help. I put his pack on him ( yeah, I make my dog work ) that carries water and food for both dogs as well as their head lamps, batteries and a spare first aid kit. I tie my tent and sleeping bag to his pack to drag on the ground behind him while I carry my pack, guitar and cooler. The spot where I always pitch my tent is between two large oak trees, one of which has a crude swing hanging from a branch high off the ground. There’s also a fire pit already dug out and surrounded by rocks. I set everything up so that the back of my tent is close to the tree line and the front overlooks the field and the mountains off in the distance. Overlooking us on the left is Mt. Pompei, tall and stern with many rocky outcroppings that make for some fun, novice climbing. In front and to the left is Mt. Pleasant, a very old and wise mountain; and to the right is Cold Mountain, sacred buddah. We wouldn’t be going up there this night but it would be tomorrow’s goal.
When I get to the spot with Muddy following dutifully behind me I see that Banana has already gotten into trouble. She’s digging a hole in the middle of the fire pit and all of her clean, white fur is completely black. She looks like a cartoon character who just got blown up,standing there completely black and charred with 2 white eyes poking out from under all that soot. It was ridiculous. I would have taken a picture before cleaning her off but at night you wouldn’t have been able to see her. She looks up at me when the two of us walk up “ Banana, what are you doing?” and she goes right back to digging. I let her go at it while I untie my stuff from Muddy and get my tent set up. It’s a Eureka 2 man backpacking tent and it is awesome. Waterproof as a duck’s back. I also set up enough wood for a decent fire to burn for a few hours before walking the quarter mile down to Wiggin’s spring to wash off my filthy dog. The rest of the night was spent drinking apple cider that I heated up on my little stove with a suitable amount of rum added for extra warmth, playing guitar, watching the dogs run around and smoking lots of bud.
I felt so free that night. I did get pretty drunk though. I drank most of the rum and almost hiked Mt Pompei because I had so much energy. I decided to save my energy and just yell and scream instead. I played every song I knew as loud as I could play it and at the end of each number would let out a Aaawhooooooooo!!! Like a coyote with rabies and a bad singing voice. Near as I can tell, the dogs love my singing. Before I went to bed I went back to the car and grabbed the frozen chunk of Peruvian torch that I had been keeping in the freezer so that it could thaw out by the fire. I also put all of my food as well as the dogs’ back in the jeep as I’ve seen black bears 50% of the times I’ve come up here. I light up one more bowl as I watch the fire die down and the two lazy animals sleeping next to it. That night I slept next to the fire with my buddies and woke up soaking wet. It had been drizzling all night and apparently a tent does you no good if you’re not inside of it. But it was a beautiful morning and at least I had remembered to put my guitar in the tent before it started raining. I made a breakfast of fruit and oatmeal with the sun coming up over the horizon to bid me good morning and Muddy and Banana chasing grass hoppers around the field. It had already stopped raining and the clouds were clearing away to reveal a cerulean blue sky. A more beautiful morning, I have never seen.
It was time to start preparing the cactus so I got out my knife, cooking pot, another bowl to start the day and set to work chopping the poor little thing to bits. It was at this time that I saw the small black bear ambling across the field in my direction as if he was coming to borrow a cup of sugar.

If you’ve never met a black bear in person, let me tell you; unless you catch them on a bad day, they are really fucking cute. I’ve come across quite a few in my days of wandering the Blue Ridge mountains, they’re especially abundant in Shenandoah national park, sometimes stopping your car in the middle of the road to look for a hand out. The ones you really need to look out for are the medium sized bears, these are sometimes the “teenagers” who have been turned loose by their parents but don’t yet have their own territory. They get pushed away by the older bears and when forced to fend for themselves, quite often look to campers and tourists for food. And that’s exactly what this big, black teddy bear looked like that was about a hundred yards away and getting closer. One of those teenage buggers that come pawing at your tent in the middle of the night as if to say, “ Come on guy, it’s cold out here and I got no place else to go. You got any fish in there? How ’bout some honey?”

Now, I wasn’t worried or anything at this point but I didn’t want Mudflap going over and trying to make friends with brother bruin. Fortunately I saw the bear before either of the dogs who most certainly would have wanted to play with him, so I put Muddy’s leash on, grabbed the food bag and turned the opposite direction of the bear to take the long way back to the car, knowing that Banana would follow her big brother. I put the dogs in the Jeep and walked back down to the field. I got maybe 30 meters from him and crouched down in some bushes to watch him for a minute. He was eating the last of the black berries that grow on the edge of the forest in summer but he looked like he was mainly getting a mouthful of thorns. He would take his paw and flatten one bush then try to eat the berries off of it and every time, he would bring his head back up thrashing around and sticking his tongue out. This was probably the cutest thing I’ve ever seen a bear do in the wild. He looked pitiful with all those thorns stuck in his tongue. If I had had any fish or honey, I probably would have given it to him.

After about five minutes, the bear decided that there had to be some food in these woods that didn’t hurt so bad and he sauntered back into the trees. I sat in my position for another ten minutes to make sure it was safe to let the dogs out again. When I walked back to let them out, I found that someone had shredded my spare roll of toilet paper and strewn it all about the car. I don’t know who it was but it seemed to be Muddy’s style of work. I lectured them both on the importance of recycling and conservation before walking back to camp. I think they learned something.

Back at camp, I get another roaring fire going as I’ve decided that I’m just going to hang around here all day and read while the cactus boils down. I grab a sage bundle from my pack and light it on the fire. I blow sage smoke on the cactus and on the knife before I set it on the ground upwind. I love the smell of sage. I get everything cut up, core, skin, spines and all and throw the lot of it into a hop sock, essentially just a giant tea bag used to hold hops in the beer brewing process. All in all, it's a little under two pounds of Peruvian torch that gets thrown in the pot, but first I’d have to walk down to the spring and collect enough water. Muddy and Banana stayed behind to nap in the warm, midday sun that shone down on their upturned bellies. Stupid dogs.

At around four o’clock, the cactus had been boiled down to roughly six ounces of thick green mucus. I had been using my butane stove to boil the water as opposed to the fire because my stove rocks and boils water in like 30 seconds. I had added water several times over the last three hours as it got low in the pot, all the while reading Jack Kerouac’s “Maggie Cassidy”, smoking a cigar and drinking more cider and rum. I always fast the day before taking mescaline and this day all I had was oatmeal and an orange but for me, a little hard liquor is part of the ritual. I have a pretty tough stomach so rum was not going to cause me any problems at all with the added cactus snot in my gut. Once I felt that the goo was reduced to a manageable amount, I pulled it off the stove and set it away from the fire to cool down in a separate pot. I went to the cooler and grabbed a grapefruit, some juice and the jar of mushrooms I had brought. That was one thing I forgot to mention; before leaving the pad on Friday, I had picked the biggest, prettiest of my mushies that were ready and threw them in a glass mason jar under the ice in the cooler. There was a little over a hundred grams though I had no intention of eating that many. I had brought plenty extra in case anyone thru-hiking on the Appalachian trail stopped by. I frequently meet kids up here who are hiking from Maine to Georgia and this is pretty close to right in the middle. Kids that have been on the trail for three and four months at a time deserve a free kick down. The mushroom jar went in the tent for later as I sat down on my blanket in front of the fire.

I lit some cedar incense ( I love cedar too ) and set that on the ground upwind. I also cut the grapefruit into 4 quarters as I was going to need it to remove the horrible taste from my mouth in just a few moments. I poured the thick, viscous liquid of the cactus into a plastic drinking cup and said a little prayer in my head. Well, I’m not religious and it’s not really a prayer and I really don’t know who I’m saying it to other than myself but it’s usually something like this, “ I take this holy sacrament in the hopes that it will illuminate, if only briefly, a path to better myself and the world around me. If there is something important for me to see, then show it to me. If there is something that I should know, then teach me….” And so forth and so on. I’m not really saying this word for word, it’s just kind of what I’m thinking. Sort of stating my intentions. Then I thank the cactus for being a sacrifice for my enjoyment, blow incense smoke over the top of the cup and with nose pinched, down the whole cup. The trick here is to keep your nose pinched, and take a big bite of grapefruit before letting go. This works to mask the taste somewhat but nothing can ever make you forget that taste. Blech!!! The feeling of that slime rolling down your throat and slowly settling in your gut is even worse than the actual taste. A few chugs from the jug of apple cider and I’m fine.

Since the dogs are still asleep, I decide that now would be a good time to do a little meditating. The mescaline wouldn’t be hitting me for another two hours, which is when I wanted to start eating the mushies, so I tried concentrating on going real deep. And boy did I. Sitting cross legged on my blanket, facing east with the mountains in front of me and the fire to my back, I went deeper in my meditation than I believe I ever have before. Maybe it was the fact that I had no stress this weekend and nothing but bears to worry about, or maybe it was just the spirit and silence of the mountains but I was crystal clear, not a thought in my head for an hour and a half!! For me, that is great. I have a tough time meditating seriously because I’m usually so stressed out and unable to clear my head. But when I came out of it, the sun was going down and I was still in the same position with perfect posture ( also very hard for me. ). I was just now starting to feel the familiar effects of a large dose of mescaline creeping in. It was mild and I could tell it would be at least another two hours to peak but I could already sense the tingling in the top of my head, the tightness in my chest that makes me want to yawn and laugh at the same time and the heightened visual acuity. Looking into the fire, I felt like I could slow it down and look at every single spark and flicker before it whipped up into the air and disappeared. I was also starting to see small tracers and sparkles in my peripheral vision that made me turn my head twice and do a double-take. “ Mister bear, is that you?”

It was dusk and it had been two hours since I swallowed the cactus juice and was about to start in on the shrooms when I was struck with a sudden fear and paranoia. I felt like I was being watched. One moment ago I had been skipping circles around the fire, acting like a complete loon and the next, I’m suddenly self conscious and feel real embarrassed to have been acting so strangely. I also realize that one; I’m tripping a lot harder than I thought I was and two; it’s really fucking cold out here and I’m in a tee shirt. The feeling of being watched goes away after a few minutes of wearing my big, red hooded sweatshirt and wailing on the harmonica. If there was anyone hiding in the grass or trees around me, I surely would have seen them moving about, dancing to the beat. No one can resist. This is actually what I was thinking. “ If I just play really loud, then anyone who might be in the area will have to start dancing and I’ll see them with my super enhanced night vision.” I was trippin’, folks.

So playing the mouth harp worked pretty well in dispelling any evil spirits that may have been lurking around my camp but just to be safe, I wanted to go ahead and get everything ready for that night in case I started to go bonkers. My plan was to take a midnight hike to the top of Cold Mountain but I was starting to wonder if that would be possible if I upped this trip anymore but I pressed on. I grabbed the dogs’ headlamps out of Muddy’s back pack and replaced them with two small flashlights and a bottle of water on each side of the pack. I grabbed what I needed out of the cooler before taking it and the food bag back to the jeep. If there was one thing I didn’t want to deal with while tripping, it was bears. It was still early in the evening so I brought back a load of lumber to throw on the fire to keep it going for another couple hours. Muddy seemed particularly attached to one stick that I threw in the fire because when he realized what I had done, he went in after it! Now the bottom of the stick was poking safely out of the fire and this is where he latched on to but the top of it was already flaming up good. So he pulls it out before I could even see him and now my dumber-than-average pit bull is running around a field at top speed with a flaming stick in his mouth and a fat little bulldog trying her best to keep up with him. Hah, and I was worried about bears. Maybe this was Muddy’s way of keeping the evil spirits away….. nah, he’s just dumb.

I wasn’t too worried because all the grass was wet and the stick went out fairly shortly with all of Muddy’s spastic running. Had this happened in July, it could have been bad. Anyway, there was nothing I could do. I was laughing so hard that I thought I was going to shit myself. He just looked so happy running around with fire and when it went out he just left the stick where it was and came back to me looking all disappointed. I had tears streaming down my face and I kept laughing long past the whole incident being over. You know that tripping laugh? where you try to hold it in and then you let out this laugh / snort from your nose which makes you bust out laughing even harder? I love that. I couldn’t stop for probably ten minutes.

At this point, I decided to sit by the fire with my guitar and decide if I was already too gone to start eating the shrooms. After playing three or four Bob Dylan songs, I decided that I was straight. Before I sat down with them to start munching, I put the dogs’ headlamps around their necks so they’d be easier to see. Banana stays pretty close but Muddy can be gone for an hour at a time without me seeing him; this is the only place where he’s allowed to go off and explore on his own without mom or dad walking him on a leash and totally killing his buzz. However, on this particular evening, I wanted to keep him close, he was my sitter after all. Now that they both had blinking LED lights on the top of their heads, I felt like I could relax. A fun little game I play is to turn Muddy’s lamp off and set Banana’s so that it only blinks once every three seconds. Muddy’s already half blind so without his light in the dark it makes it hard for him to chase his little sister. So her light will blink and he’ll follow it and then she’ll run away and be twelve feet away when it blinks again. Then he’ll go after the light and Banana will move. It’s hilarious.

I’m on the blanket facing the fire with five medium sized mushies sitting politely in front of me, waiting their turn. I pulled about half of them from the jar, the total weight was four ounces, 112 g. So I’m looking at maybe 50g. I’ve also got some more sage burning and a large hollow log laying on its side next to me. Somehow, I discovered that this log has some great acoustics and have been beating it with other sticks like a drum for the past few minutes. I throw the first one in my mouth, chew and swallow, following it quickly with a large swig of juice. Not too bad. I go back to playing the log. I continue this for twenty minutes until there is one cap and stem left. I am feeling pretty damn good right now. I can tell that the mescaline peak is coming and I think I can feel the first shrooms I ate twenty minutes ago. My head is spinning, there’s so many thoughts moving in and out every second. It’s like I’m thinking ten thoughts at once and every once in a while one comes to the front and takes the majority of my attention while still keeping the others in mind. Before I eat the last shroomy, I stand up to walk around and try to clear my head. I have a ton of energy and it’s really hard for me to sit still so I grab my guitar and harmonica and start jamming. I’ve got one of those cool contraptions that holds the harmonica for you, so you can play both at the same time. I had a great time for about a half hour playing some acoustic punk rock like Flogging Molly, Bad Religion and Operation Ivy. Not my usual repetoir but fun to play, fast tempo shit. I worked myself into a nice sweat singing and dancing around the fire so I took my sweatshirt off and played for another couple minutes before the nausea hit me. Oooohhhh. It was bad. It was like stabbing cramps in my abdomen. It felt more like a lack of food in my belly rather than the drugs I had just consumed so I took the remaining shroom and ate it rolled up in a slice of bread. After I got that down I felt much better. All I needed was a slice of bread and then the trip began………….

Now, here’s how mescaline usually makes me feel, I feel like I have a strong bond with nature, that if I lay face down on the ground I can feel the earth’s heart beat or energy. I usually feel a strong sense of togetherness, like everything is connected and I am but a tiny little wheel in a giant machine but that my little part is truly vital for the rest of the machine to function. And this is how I was feeling for an hour or so ( who knows. Time had gone out the window ). I was laying on the ground for quite a while, trying to get up the motivation to hike the two miles to the top of my sacred mountain, looking at the stars that were playing tricks with my eyes. When you come up here, it’s like you’ve never seen the night sky before, there are just so many stars, it’s incredible. At one point, I actually started crying because it was all too beautiful. I was kind of laughing, but I again had tears streaming down my face; not from laughing but from the sheer joy I was feeling. I felt like each star was a friend of mine and so I started naming them all after friends I have back home. I took astronomy, I know that stars already have names but it was fun and it reminded me of how lucky I am to have so many friends. Then, for the first time, I started wishing that I wasn’t alone up here in this most glorious of places, that I had friends to jam and sing with, that my wife was here to tell me that the bear isn’t going to steal my soul while I sleep and I’m not insane. But oh well, I was alone and I was in it for the long haul. And I was insane. At least temporarily. But I was comforted by my two companions sitting across the fire from me with little blinky lights adorned on their fuzzy little heads.

Things were getting intense. I made one last attempt to understand time before I took my watch off and threw it in the tent. 9:00 pm. I know now that this was about four hours after eating the cactus and maybe 1.5-2 hours after finishing roughly 50g of my creepers. I almost threw my watch in the fire because time meant nothing but somehow, I thought better of it. I don’t know why they call them creepers anyway, they hit me like a fast, brightly colored psychedelic truck. It was like the mushrooms melded with the mescaline to give me one intense, euphoric, visual trip…. until the mushroom peak. I could tell I was peaking from the cactus because of the patterns I was seeing dance before my eyes. But then I could start to feel the strange effects of the mushrooms and the open eye visuals became too intense to look at. I started spitting at them and swiping at the air to make them go away but nothing worked. The patterns would just get stuck to my arm as I attacked them and then I’d have to shake my arm to get them off of me. It was like being in a bad psychedelic cartoon, with tye deye goop clinging to my hands and limbs, trying to drag me down. It was becoming unbearable as the hallucinations started making noises, like voices speaking in a whisper so I couldn’t actually hear what they were saying. “ Damn it, if you got something to say then say it!! Quit whispering!! “ I screamed at them. “ Fucking quit it!!!” And then, just in time, a strong wind blew from the bottom of the hills and forced all the visions away from my eyes. As the wind shifted, I caught a strong whiff of the sage bundle burning at the edge of camp and it immediately brought peace to my mind. I then realized that I was laying on the ground, dangerously close to the fire ( I thought I had been standing ). I don’t know how long this paranoid little trip lasted, but it really confused me to wake up on the ground and I didn’t see either of my sitters around and briefly began to freak out again. I rolled over to face away from the fire and was immediately greeted with a wet tongue to the face courtesy of my best buddy, Mud. Banana was sitting just behind him, blinking white light still signaling her position. I was instantly overcome with affection and appreciation for that part of the trip being over.

“ Oh, I love you guys” grabbing them both and holding them close to my very warm, red, hooded sweatshirt, “ I knew you guys wouldn’t leave me here to go crazy in the woods.“ And then one of them farted. I laid there laughing until I cried once more.

I’m not having any more visions, just the usual tracers and things warping and breathing. The typical mushroom effects, but I am still very twisted in my head. I keep checking my pockets, the tent, my pack looking for my cigar punch because I really need to puff on something after that scary little episode. The punch was in my pocket, though I wouldn’t find it there until a few hours later so I have to settle for a clove cigarette. I sit down on my drumming log and decide that smoking a bowl would be much better, but this turns into a big ordeal as well. I keep losing my hands. I’ll be shuffling through the tent or my pack when, all of a sudden, my god damn hands will disappear. This happened every time I was looking for something and got real annoying. Eventually the bowl got packed despite my sweaty, twitching, disappearing hands and I was able to take a few of the best hits I have ever felt. The pot smoke calmed my nerves immeasurably, I felt like I was partially sane again, if only for a while. After smoking half the bowl, I was able to keep my hands steady and also keep them from disappearing. The trip was still gaining in intensity so I finished that first one and then immediately repacked it so I wouldn’t have to do it later if I couldn’t find my digits.

This was the point where I felt that I was reaching the peak of the mushroom trip because everything started to change. I started having god like notions, as if I was no longer that one little cog or gear in a larger apparatus, now I was the whole machine, I was the one who built the machine. I was having all these ideas of grandeur and at the same time, noticed that I could not stop moving. It was like tripping at a concert and I just can’t get my feet to stop moving or my head to quit bobbing to the music. For a while, I spaced out. But not in the unpleasant way I did before. Now I was dancing around the fire again, this time like some sort of ancient Indian performing a rain dance, hopping twice on each foot and switching to the other while flailing my arms and moving in a circle around the fire pit. My eyes were closed but I could see the bright light of the fire through my eye lids and feel it’s warmth so I did not fall in. It was lovely. I couldn’t feel my limbs, my arms and legs were moving on their own volition and I felt wonderful, just dancing to the rhythm earth’s cosmic energy. The weird part is that I no longer felt the humbleness I feel on mescaline, now I felt like every movement I made was affecting things on opposite sides of the world, I felt like a god dancing to control the movements of our planet. When I bowed my head, the sun would set in some time or place; when I raised my hands the tides would come in; when I clapped, a baby was born. This was probably my favorite part of the whole trip, because I was believing all these things at the time, I felt like it was my cosmic duty to keep doing this silly dance or the world would cease to be.

This went on for, I dunno, fifteen minutes until I tripped over my drumming log and landed pretty hard on the ground. “ Fuck, shit, damnit!!!” Muddy and Banana immediately came to my aid, providing more face licks to help cure my broken elbow. It really wasn’t that bad. I took the small bottle of Johnny Walker scotch out of my pack and twisted the cap off. I put a few drops on my remaining cigar and started sipping the bottle to help numb the pain in my elbow. It was delicious and actually settled my stomach that was starting to become a bit restless. I had no idea what time it was at that moment but I decided that it was time to get our hike on.

“You guys wanna go hiking?!?! “ I ask the dogs. Banana is new to the family and doesn’t know that word yet but Muddy instantly started running around in circles and jumping in the air while Banana tried to scratch behind her ear. ( Her legs are so short that she can’t reach to scratch her own head ). Muddy went to the vestibule of the tent and dragged out his puppy pack which I fastened onto his back, the two pouches holding water bottles hung down by his sides making him look like a little pack mule. The main benefit of this pack is to weigh him down so he’ll walk at a regular pace instead of darting off into the dark forest at top speed. Banana is naturally a slow walker, and I was just hoping she’d be able to make this hike. I brought my empty pack along in case she needed a piggy-back ride.

The hike up to Cold mountain is not a particularly strenuous one, but it is about two miles from our little home at Hog camp gap. Before we set off, I poured the rest of the rum into a smaller bottle to put in Muddy’s pack. I remember thinking of the saint Bernard, with the whiskey keg under his chin in the Buggs Bunny cartoons and having a good laugh over that as well. I also brewed up a strong batch of yerba mate and drank that for an energy boost. I don’t know how I did any of this as I was still completely out of my mind. I was again being bombarded with 100 thoughts per second and my hands were getting all twitchy again. Before things got any worse I dumped my remaining water on the fire, dousing it in a cloud of steam, soot and smoke. Watching the smoke rise from that dying fire was pretty entertaining.

So in the dead of night, the three intrepid explorers set off on a small stretch of the AT up to the most beautiful place in all the land which resided just above their heads.

The hike up was exhilarating. I, again, was filled with energy. The thought of visiting my favorite spot, in all the world kept pushing me to go faster. Muddy led the way while Nana huffed and puffed in the rear. It was a little unnerving walking through the dark wilderness at night on lots of drugs. Faces kept popping out of the dark, twigs would snap a few feet off the trail and I’d let out a girlish yelp. One thing that happened on that hike that will forever be in my mind, was we got closer to a screech owl than ever before. Well actually, I have no idea what kind of owl it was but damn it was big. We were headed up a steep part of the trail in some very dense woods when I heard a noise like a twig snap to my left and almost immediately after saw the bird swooping in. The thing was at least three feet across ( one meter for you blokes across the pond ) and came within ten feet of the top of my head, scaring the living hell out of all three noble explorers. It didn’t cry out or make any noise like that but just the sound of its enormous wings and feathers beating the wind made such a commotion. I dropped down to my knees and covered my head while Banana hid underneath her big brother who, being blind on his right side, never saw the cause of the hubbub. Muddy started to continue along the trail, but me and Nanner were a bit more shaken up, we needed time to recover. I have been scared before, I’ve been chased by the cops, faced the judge and spent a day or two in lock up but I have never felt my heart beat as fast as it did that night. I picked my fat, little bulldog up in my arms and carried her for the next quarter mile.

We got to the first clearing in good time, well what I assumed was good time, and we all sat down to take a break. I poured them each a little bit of water into their collapsible food and water bowls out of Mud’s pack. I took a long, deep hit off the bowl and a shot of Rum. I was feeling really good again and couldn’t wait to get to the top. Already, in this first clearing, I can see the top of our mountain just one rise ahead of us. I take a look around to enjoy the spectacular views and the wind blowing freezing air up from the bottom of the mountain before dipping back into the woods for the last leg of our walk. Banana is doing surprisingly well and at this, the steepest part of the trail, she’s leading the pack, bright blue head light shining.

The peak of the mountain is only 4,000 feet, which isn’t that huge, but it’s a lot better than where we started, in the city. The reason I love it so much up here is that it’s completely bald; no trees. The Appalachian trail traverses the top of this monstrous hill for one kilometer with perfect 360 degree views the whole way. I am still having crazy thoughts and feel that from way up here I can do anything just by thinking it. The horizon line is below me, I can see stars in every direction I look. When I stare up for long enough without looking at the ground, I feel like I’m floating upwards to the heavens and when I look down again, I’m shocked to see the ground under my feet. Apparently, mushrooms don’t make you fly. Poop. There is one, lone rock up here with a marker embedded in it that says: Cold Mountain elev. 4,127 feet. This is where I take my seat and meditate for a bit, or at least try. The dogs are going wild, as this is an even bigger open space than the meadow we just left and they can’t seem to control their excitement. It’s like the more open space they have, the happier they are and the faster they run.

This is where I spent the rest of the night writing or drawing in my sketch book, singing made up songs or just staring out into space. I think I tried to bust out a freestyle rap at some point. I remember wishing that I had brought my tent and sleeping bag up there but I didn’t do any sleeping. I stayed up to watch the sunrise as my thoughts slowly started to level off and the puppies slept soundly at my feet despite the cold and fierce winds. Around sunrise, I finished the rum, smoked another delicious bowl and eventually found my cigar punch so I could smoke my Davidoff on the long walk down. Banana was reluctant to leave but after one very powerful gust of freezing air hit her and made her wince, she quickly began trotting along behind the rest of the group. The way down was pleasant. Sunday morning clouds began rolling in and small drops started to fall on our sleepy heads. Back at camp, another fire was made before everything got too wet. I took down my tent and packed it away but left the rain tarp up for me to sleep under while staying next to the fire. I still wasn’t tired physically, but mentally, I was drained. I’m sure you know the feeling. I made up a strong batch of kratom and put it into my yerba mate gourd to sip on while the doggies gratefully ate their breakfast with me under the tarp and out of the rain. I eventually drank enough of the tom to where I was nodding off and smoked one more fatty before passing out.

I awake a couple hours later to two wet dogs sleeping on me, and a powerful headache. I really want to stay here for at least another day if not a lifetime but unfortunately, it was time to deal with the long ride back to civilization and rational thinking. I wish I had cruise control in the jeep. Maybe I’ll let Muddy drive, he’s old enough.

This has been the story of my first shroom trip in four years and the most fun I’ve ever had by myself ( har har ). I haven’t eaten in two days so I’m off to find a mother fuckin’ Waffle House, yo. Damn straight I want those hash browns smothered. Peace and bacon grease. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Brewmaster (12/07/06 09:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: The greatest camping trip ever. 50g cubes with 2 lbs Peruvian. [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6210250 - 10/25/06 10:58 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for sharing :heart:

If you ever need a partner in tune, I get down to the Ashville area once in awhile.

It's a good idea to wear a hat on night hikes, owls have been known to scalp people...

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: The greatest camping trip ever. 50g cubes with 2 lbs Peruvian. [Re: schmutzen]
    #6214456 - 10/26/06 02:37 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Wow. GREAT report!!

Thanks!

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineTMshroom
one
Re: The greatest camping trip ever. 50g cubes with 2 lbs Peruvian. [Re: VirgilKane]
    #6216098 - 10/26/06 10:46 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Dude great report man  :thumbup:

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Re: The greatest camping trip ever. 50g cubes with 2 lbs Peruvian. [Re: TMshroom]
    #6217317 - 10/27/06 08:53 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks to anyone who read this whole thing. Please leave a bit of feedback, let me know what you think. Should I post pics of my dogs or would that be too self-incriminating?    :biggrin:

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Re: The greatest camping trip ever. 50g cubes with 2 lbs Peruvian. [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6217786 - 10/27/06 12:06 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Well I think we all ready have an idea what your dogs look like, did you get any pics of the bear, hop-sack, mountains, mushrooms, or the stone walls, campsite, etc.?

I also have to say that if you're not taking a big rip of Salvia extract somewhere in there, you're seriously missing out :shocked:

You are a brave soul though, last time I went camping I slept with a hatchet in my hand because a fox was licking his chops right outside my tent.

Tent.

1. A small sheet of nylon that separates your flesh from hungry, sharp animal teeth.

--------------------

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Re: The greatest camping trip ever. 50g cubes with 2 lbs Peruvian. [Re: schmutzen]
    #6218031 - 10/27/06 01:48 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'm familiar with the sal, and while I've never done it while tripping, I can safely say that I don't like the crap. It leaves me feeling cold and sweaty at the same time; all clammy and pale in the face, not to say that some of the actual experiences weren't great. I dont think I could've handled it at the time.

I'll throw up pics when I get my computer working again, I can't do shit with this one at work. They'll most likely be from past trips to the same place as all the pics I took that weekend were the crappy tripping pictures you take of the sky and shit and then you look at them sober and think, what the hell was I doing? Most of mine were of the fire. No bear. I'll probably add a picture from National Geographic of an 9 foot tall grizzly wih jaws open since the bear I saw looked like he belonged at Disney World.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

OfflineBennu
Stranger

#6222424 - 10/28/06 11:26 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the recollections my friend, you made me feel the warmth of the experience.

--------------------
Jung - A sense of a wider meaning to one's existence is what raises a man beyond mere getting and spending. If he lacks this sense, he is lost and miserable...

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

#6225145 - 10/29/06 07:59 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Actually I think it was the one of the best trip reports I've ever read. Inspired me to do a little camping of my own.

I throw a few shots Eagle Rare bourbon right into the tea kettle with the cider, and drink and few shots just in case the alcohol boiled off.

Thank the lord there's no natural source for benzos, eh?

Calling up ol sal when I'm tripping is a 180 from the norm, don't give up on her.

--------------------

OfflineTMshroom
one
    #6226512 - 10/30/06 12:46 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Brewmaster said:
Thanks to anyone who read this whole thing. Please leave a bit of feedback, let me know what you think. Should I post pics of my dogs or would that be too self-incriminating?    :biggrin:

Dude definately post your dogs pics....bulldogs are pits are the best. So lets see em!

OfflineLHK
Transcendalist
Male

Loc: Out 'n About
Re: The greatest camping trip ever. 50g cubes with 2 lbs Peruvian. [Re: TMshroom]
    #6241678 - 11/02/06 10:19 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I have to say, this report was very well written. Almost palpable (I felt like I was there) Ha, I wanna go camping now.
Good job, man. :regularshroom: :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6241795 - 11/02/06 10:50 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Wow man, that sounds like a beautiful experience...great description you transported me there.  :laugh:
I'd love to see pictures of Banana & Muddy.

much love,
DS

--------------------

Offlinepalmersc
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
    #6243716 - 11/03/06 01:26 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Great read man! It brings back memories of my experiences, though I've never been able to retell them with as much detail. It feels like I just got back from the mountains.  :thumbup:

OfflineSidestreet
Digging for Rainbows
Male User Gallery

#6247035 - 11/04/06 12:35 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

:blush: That's a lot of psychedelics.  Great story, I enjoyed reading.  Thanks.

Offlinemorphius2661
Basic Psychonaut
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NC
Re: The greatest camping trip ever. 50g cubes with 2 lbs Peruvian. [Re: Sidestreet]
    #6248225 - 11/04/06 07:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Excellent report man. I really enjoyed reading it.

Post some pictures of the dogs!

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the estabilished authorities are wrong."

Offlinethatsoweird
Seeker
Male

Loc: Blue Jay Way
Re: The greatest camping trip ever. 50g cubes with 2 lbs Peruvian. [Re: morphius2661]
    #6268735 - 11/10/06 12:09 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Wow! What an amazing read, thank you so much for sharing that with us. It was so well written that I felt like I was there, like several others have already mentioned. Beautiful!

--------------------
"I'm not serious of course,
um, but I am peculiar."
-Terence McKenna

OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Loc: only the truth is left
Re: The greatest camping trip ever. 50g cubes with 2 lbs Peruvian. [Re: thatsoweird]
    #6297589 - 11/18/06 05:49 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yea lets see the dogs! :smile:
That was very well written, I dont know how you can remeber all those details, but it made for a very vivid report :thumbsup:
I got alot of images from it in my mind of the place you were in and the dogs.
peace  and  thanks for sharing

--------------------
God says dance with your heart
And shake free of you desire

Where theres a will theres always a way
When you get confused listen to the music play

OfflineTech
Antitheist
Male

Loc: Northeastern Europe
Re: The greatest camping trip ever [Re: CerebralFlower]
    #6302634 - 11/20/06 12:39 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

An awesome post. Add some pictures of the dogs and landscape, I'm eager to see how well my imagination managed compared to the real world.  :smile:

--------------------

Offlinezenotter
To be, or psychonaut to be?
 User Gallery

Loc: In the desert
Re: The greatest camping trip ever [Re: Tech]
    #6304180 - 11/20/06 09:18 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Loved it man, thanks for sharing. Inspiring.

--------------------
"An avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty.  It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

~ Thomas Paine (1737-1809)
American pamphleteer and Founding Father, 1775

OfflineNeoXro666
Stranger
Re: The greatest camping trip ever [Re: zenotter]
    #6385875 - 12/19/06 09:55 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

that was great

do you have anymore reports?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf