Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebftiedt
Male User Gallery

Martha Pt. 2
    #6208013 - 10/24/06 08:37 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

ok so i have been lookin at the martha setups and i think that if you are casing and have somewhat of a large amount to fruit it it the only way to go ... i have the whole setup down i just have a question ab one part of it ...the humidifier....i know in the tek it says to have a cool mist and ultrasonic but for now im gonna go with just one...the cool mist i have herd that you can get away with just having on...anyway back to the part i dont get when you hook the hose up to the cool mist how does it have enough power to travel all the way up the hose and still mist out like it is supposed to...excuse me if i sound dumb but i am not familiar with humidifiers/misters at all it just seem like it wouldnt have enough pressuer/power to travel all the way up the hose like it looks in the tek....can someone please explain?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Martha Pt. 2 [Re: bftiedt]
    #6208020 - 10/24/06 08:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

it works fine with just one coolmist it flows up the tubes without a prob... or you could go with the rogerrabbit method....

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Offlinebftiedt
Male User Gallery

Re: Martha Pt. 2 [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #6208048 - 10/24/06 08:42 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

so your sayin the cool mist has enough pressure behind it to flow up the tube no prob? does it stil mist when it comes out of the tube? it just seems like it wouldnt hav that much pressure behind it...how long should the hose be?

Offlinebftiedt
Male User Gallery

#6208115 - 10/24/06 08:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

anyone?? and what exactly is the RR method?

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6208269 - 10/24/06 09:13 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bftiedt said:
anyone?? and what exactly is the RR method?

I'm not sure but I think he is referring to putting the cool mist in the Martha,It was on his recommendation that I put my cool mist inside my greenhouse and it sure beats playing with all the hoses and stuff especially when you are as unhandy as me

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6208318 - 10/24/06 09:22 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i use a 5 foot tall greenhouse with one coolmist that has four 1/2 inch inner diameter vinyl tubes running up from it to the greenhouse. each tube leads to just about 10 inches above a shelf (1 tube above each shelf) the coolmist sits near the floor... the longest tube goes from about 3 inches above the floor to about 54 inches above the floor without any probs. i recomend if you're not too lazy to measure it out go with pvc as its easier to deal preventing built up moisture inside the tubes. i had to manually drain my tubes everyday because they had low points where pools of water would form, i've since solved the problem, but pvc would be easier to maintain.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫

Offlinebftiedt
Male User Gallery

Re: Martha Pt. 2 [Re: Blutjager]
    #6208424 - 10/24/06 09:37 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Blutjager said:

I'm not sure but I think he is referring to putting the cool mist in the Martha,It was on his recommendation that I put my cool mist inside my greenhouse and it sure beats playing with all the hoses and stuff especially when you are as unhandy as me

if i did that would i have to fan manually since the humidifier is using air from inside the martha instead of freah air?

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6208438 - 10/24/06 09:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

not true.... i believe RR cuts holes in his greenhouse/martha for air exchange... fully colonized substrate is fairly contamination resistant.. I'm sure, he'll pop in with his 2cents about it, I'm not fully familiar with how he does it just know it works..

--------------------

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6208441 - 10/24/06 09:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

...or you could as you said fan manually, but that gets to be a bitch...

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6208496 - 10/24/06 09:50 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yea I do fan at least twice a day and it can be a pain when I have a bunch of casings

InvisibleHelltick
Player
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep...
    #6208537 - 10/24/06 09:59 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I believe RR's setup isn't a simple green house or Martha...rather a complete room.

I think it's a DIY show...built by himself...and not exactly typical.

However, could be wrong...and prolly am!

:rolleyes:

--------------------
  My Agar Tek. 
  My Greenhouse Tek. 

"It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good"

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Martha Pt. 2 [Re: Helltick]
    #6208771 - 10/24/06 10:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It's just a mini-greenhouse that's about the size of three marthas. I have holes and slits cut all over it, and the door is a 7' square hole cut into the front, with an 8' sheet of plastic hanging down loosely(no zipper) inside the hole, so an opening for air exchange runs from floor to ceiling on both sides. I'm running two coolmists inside, so I can cut the time they run in half, lowering the water dripping problem. I also fill up any empty shelf space and the entire floor area with trays of damp perlite, so I'm able to maintain humidity in the upper nineties with constant air exchange.

I don't recommend running hoses from an impeller type cool mist because the static pressure that develops forces mist into the motor and motor bushings, ruining them after a short time. The two I have inside the greenhouse have been running for over a year without replacement.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Martha Pt. 2 [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6209144 - 10/25/06 12:07 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
It's just a mini-greenhouse that's about the size of three marthas.  I have holes and slits cut all over it, and the door is a 7' square hole cut into the front, with an 8' sheet of plastic hanging down loosely(no zipper) inside the hole, so an opening for air exchange runs from floor to ceiling on both sides.  I'm running two coolmists inside, so I can cut the time they run in half, lowering the water dripping problem.  I also fill up any empty shelf space and the entire floor area with trays of damp perlite, so I'm able to maintain humidity in the upper nineties with constant air exchange.

I don't recommend running hoses from an impeller type cool mist because the static pressure that develops forces mist into the motor and motor bushings, ruining them after a short time.  The two I have inside the greenhouse have been running for over a year without replacement.
RR

Neither do I , unless it's done properly . I also don't recommend jumping out of a plane . Without a parachute , lol :grin:

If you run a minimum of two 3/4 diameter pieces of PVC from the cool mist , it will eliminate the back pressure and free up valuable fruiting space for smaller green houses .

I know this for a fact , I think :wink: , PERIOD  :grin:

I run my coolmist almost 24/7 . I think I cycle it off for 6 half hour periods a day . I also run my ultrasonic the same amount of time . If my cool mist is on , my ultrasonic is on .

it gets pretty humid in my green house

I can see the fog running out the opening at the bottom of the green house .

But not escaping from anywhere around the cool mist

]

That's not a tight fit . The wire from the ultrasonic actually raises the lid a touch . I would think if there was any back pressure built up , you would see fog coming from here . Kinda like a barium X-Ray for cool mists . Good way to see where you might be losing humidity from in your FC . Drop one of these in your cool mist and see where the fog comes out .lol
I concluded that my cool mist is more then adequately moving all the air in it through the green house without any back pressure .

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

Edited by HippieChick (10/25/06 04:56 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags