Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Loc: CT
Need Motivation
    #6209041 - 10/24/06 11:34 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I go to school via the internet, but its REALLY boring. i always find myself procrastinating for hours. I have to get in at least 3 hours worth of work every day to be counted present, but i can bring myself to actually do it.

Is there anything that anyone can possibly do to motivate me?

Any help would be immensly appreciated.

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Need Motivation [Re: nobhdy]
    #6209052 - 10/24/06 11:36 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

get off your ass and do it! Do a lap or two around the living room, poor some coffee and stay away from the forums till you are done! Damn!

Or do what ever you want i don't really care. not going to say adderal

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: Need Motivation [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6209063 - 10/24/06 11:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i do have ADD and my prescription has run dry.

and i just CANT do it...i dont know how to explain it.

it makes me sad, though.

and already today i have had over 30 cups of coffee, no joke. any more could poinson me.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6209065 - 10/24/06 11:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I only take one of my classes online (math) but I find it extremely hard to motivate myself. I started 2 sections at 11pm and had to finish a quiz on them by midnight. I should have done them Friday and Monday like the calendar said but I find it too hard. Sorry I can't suggest anything other than pick a time each day to do the work, shut off everything that may distract you, put on some relaxing tunes and go at it.

#6209074 - 10/24/06 11:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nobhdy said:
i do have ADD and my prescription has run dry.

and i just CANT do it...i dont know how to explain it.

it makes me sad, though.

and already today i have had over 30 cups of coffee, no joke. any more could poinson me.

yeah ok so maybe stop drinking coffee and lay off a while, get your body and mind back in a better place,yes?

OfflineSilentG
Stranger thanfiction

#6209080 - 10/24/06 11:42 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Get your shit together while it's still easy. I fucked up in regular college, got my shit together, and then fucked up "internet college" while pulling unemployment benefits and student aid. All I had to do was put in a minimal amount of time and next to no effort to pull all A's and I didn't do that.

Now my chances of getting a degree hinge on winning the lottery or a wealthy relative passing on.

Just fucking do it. It's easy, and you'll kick yourself when you fuck it up.

If you can't look ahead at whatever career you're aiming for and motivate yourself based on that and the accounts of me and others who've fucked up, you don't deserve all the opportunities afforded you by no virtue other than the location where you were born. You basically fell ass backwards into great opportunity and have an obligation to do something with it. Or you could just be a great big fuck up... your call.

--------------------
Yes, I could go drive somewhere everytime the urge to defecate hits, but...where's the fun in that.
-Moth

OfflineSucellos
Stranger
Re: Need Motivation [Re: SilentG]
    #6209099 - 10/24/06 11:47 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

do something shocking. like close your head in a door real hard. it will snap you out of whatever mood your in right quick.

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

#6209101 - 10/24/06 11:47 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SilentG said:
Get your shit together while it's still easy. I fucked up in regular college, got my shit together, and then fucked up "internet college" while pulling unemployment benefits and student aid. All I had to do was put in a minimal amount of time and next to no effort to pull all A's and I didn't do that.

Now my chances of getting a degree hinge on winning the lottery or a wealthy relative passing on.

If you can't look ahead at whatever career you're aiming for and motivate yourself based on that and the accounts of me and others who've fucked up, you don't deserve all the opportunities afforded you by no virtue other than the location where you were born. You basically fell ass backwards into great opportunity and have an obligation to do something with it. Or you could just be a great big fuck up... your call.

heh, thanx. i think ill do it all tomorrow.

i have already done 3 hours today, but im slightly behind, so tomorrow, ill log on teh shroomery to check messages, then pop on the tunes and just go to town on that work....

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #6209104 - 10/24/06 11:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

go to regular school?

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: Need Motivation [Re: 40oz]
    #6209119 - 10/24/06 11:55 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

naw, it was waaay to slow for me. i asked if tey had a fater course, you know, one where i could get more work done in less time, and they came up with this. its working. i will actually graduate months ahead of the other people who started this year with me.

still, forms of motivation...needs much.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #6209122 - 10/24/06 11:57 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

30 cups of coffee??

might as well smoke meth.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineSilentG
Stranger thanfiction

#6209124 - 10/24/06 11:58 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nobhdy said:
Quote:

SilentG said:

i have already done 3 hours today, but im slightly behind, so tomorrow, ill log on teh shroomery to check messages, then pop on the tunes and just go to town on that work....

Don't sweat it. I kinda feel obligated to use my fuck-ups for the greater good and all.

Maybe you should skip checking the shroomery until you've done at least two hours of work. I've found that holding myself to reward plans works ok - just NEVER EVER cheat for the reward. Once you do it's all shit. Maybe you could limit yourself to only checking the shroomery for 1/4 of the time you spend on school, then hold off smoking bud or something till you've put in at least 3 hours a day too?

Don't fuck up - it's too easy and the world is too full of fuck-ups.

--------------------
Yes, I could go drive somewhere everytime the urge to defecate hits, but...where's the fun in that.
-Moth

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: Need Motivation [Re: 40oz]
    #6209130 - 10/24/06 11:59 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

meh, i dont touch that stuff.

i need my coffe though.

it works slightly. it almos focuses my mind, but it makes me want to run around as well.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

#6209132 - 10/25/06 12:01 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SilentG said:
Quote:

nobhdy said:
Quote:

SilentG said:

Don't sweat it. I kinda feel obligated to use my fuck-ups for the greater good and all.

Maybe you should skip checking the shroomery until you've done at least two hours of work. I've found that holding myself to reward plans works ok - just NEVER EVER cheat for the reward. Once you do it's all shit. Maybe you could limit yourself to only checking the shroomery for 1/4 of the time you spend on school, then hold off smoking bud or something till you've put in at least 3 hours a day too?

Don't fuck up - it's too easy and the world is too full of fuck-ups.

thnx bro. i have never tried that before. will put it to practice in the morn...and i dont smoke bud, do meth, or anything else. purely psychadelics, adn only for expanding my mind.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

#6209136 - 10/25/06 12:03 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nobhdy said:
meh, i dont touch that stuff.

i need my coffe though.

it works slightly. it almos focuses my mind, but it makes me want to run around as well.

Have you ever thought about using your brain? Seriously instead of drugs and substances?

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: Need Motivation [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6209137 - 10/25/06 12:05 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

eh, i have tried it. i REALLY dont want to use a cop-out, but i need something for my ADD. it is extreme, and frustrates me. i will FORCE myself to pay attention, but my brian WILL NOT. its kinda hard to use that whole "mind over matter" thing when your mind is fukt up.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom