Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePincushion
And I stillhaven't foundwhat I'm lookingfor....

Loc: Oregon
It seems that NW Washington is the place to be
    #6207184 - 10/24/06 05:18 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Things are slow here in NW Oregon.... real slow.  It seems all the NW Wash guys are knee deep in the Cyans while I'm knee deep in petrol bills from my hunts. 

I get skunked daily here, got skunked Sunday in Long Beach (saw a black bear and some baldies though :smile:) and I'm jonzin' real bad to find my first Cyan's.  Especially with all the finds you WA peeps are posting.  I'll never be rookie of the year with my pathetic .000 average. 

I'm heading to the Seattle area Saturday and Sunday.  The wifey wants to go shopping and I want my cherry popped.  If you see a 30y/o walking the parks w/ a yellow lab make sure to say hi and wish me lots and lots of luck!!!! 

Thanks for letting me rant :smile:

Actually I'm not done.....
Does this Gathering Forum (see below) even exist!?!?!  I dont see it anywhere on the board and I doubt it'll magically appear when I'm mature enough at 100 posts and 60 days. 

From the Noob warning post......
"The Hunting Forum is for identification purposes, we are not a hook up of any kind. If you would like to request a hunting buddy, make a thread about it in the Gathering Forum. You will gain access to the gathering forum after being a member for more than 60 days and when you have reached more than 100 posts."

Edited by Pincushion (10/24/06 05:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: It seems that NW Washington is the place to be [Re: Pincushion]
    #6207194 - 10/24/06 05:24 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

season'll pick up. it's just starting and even the azures are comming up now.. you think that's bad, you should be stuck in this damn valley with me :grin:.

it's rained twice since the end of spring, for about 5 min, heh.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #6207205 - 10/24/06 05:27 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Does this Gathering Forum (see below) even exist!?!?! I dont see it anywhere on the board and I doubt it'll magically appear when I'm mature enough at 100 posts and 60 days.

From the Noob warning post......
"The Hunting Forum is for identification purposes, we are not a hook up of any kind. If you would like to request a hunting buddy, make a thread about it in the Gathering Forum. You will gain access to the gathering forum after being a member for more than 60 days and when you have reached more than 100 posts."

guess you'll just have to find out when/if the time comes.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflinePincushion
And I stillhaven't foundwhat I'm lookingfor....

Loc: Oregon
Re: It seems that NW Washington is the place to be [Re: canid]
    #6207251 - 10/24/06 05:42 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

concretefeet said:guess you'll just have to find out when/if the time comes.

Looks like I'll be the resident post whore for the next month :smile:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #6207297 - 10/24/06 06:00 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

lol; i bet you could rack up a post count like that in a month without postwhoring if you get out ther hunting whenever you get the chance :grin:

you might even rack up a good deal of experience aswell. can't go wrong.

--------------------

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: It seems that NW Washington is the place to be [Re: canid]
    #6207360 - 10/24/06 06:18 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

man idk about all that. me and two friends went out to like three parks today and could barely even find any mushrooms, let alone any actives. i've found one patch and that one hasent fruited any since i first picked them. this season is defenitely slow. i will say one thing tho, the forcast shows rain throughout this whole week and if i cant find any actives by at least next monday, i will be extremely pissed

good luck all

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: It seems that NW Washington is the place to be [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #6207388 - 10/24/06 06:24 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

it's still early, it's starting; trust me. that or be unnessecarily dissappointed, either way :grin:

anyway, as season gets rolling it'll roll faster and gain momentum.

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #6207412 - 10/24/06 06:29 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

You don't have to limit yourself to parks. Residential neighborhoods are great too, especially with a dog. Just walk your dog down the sidewalk in well-to-do neighboorhoods, and look for Rhododendron beds with light colored wood chip mulch. It took me all of five minutes to find at least 100 yesterday, which I left in place. All I wanted was a few pictures this time.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: It seems that NW Washington is the place to be [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6207441 - 10/24/06 06:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

no no no. i looked in residential areas too, alot i might add, and we just couldn't find anything. we could barely even find ANY mushrooms at all. i scooped up a few chips from the beds to look for mycelia growing and it looked like there was some. but i got a question, how do you know that the mycelia you see is cyanescen mycelia? is there anyway to determine what type of mushrooms grow from certain mycelia? ie: if i look under some whitish/grayish woodchips and find a whole bunch of white mycelia, is it usually cyan mycelia?

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #6207536 - 10/24/06 06:56 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

If you looked in Seattle for more than an hour in the last few days, you didn't look hard enough. They're here, and a bumper crop at that. Just don't take them all, and don't destroy the beds. Cut the stems with a knife to remove them. Don't pull.

2006 has been a great year for mushrooms in the PNW. We picked oysters in the Cascades through July, then found hundreds of pounds of Chicken of the Woods in August. Reishi were fruiting from May through just a few weeks ago. We've picked a bumper crop of Hericium since even before the rains came, and they'll be fruiting nearly until Christmas, even after the snow covers the ground. It took us all of half an hour Sunday to fill two pillow cases with Chanterelles, and now the Cyans are out in town. I even found a huge patch of Cyans over on the Kitsap peninsula that I also left in place. It was the same patch I showed to Gaston Guzman last fall, and it's fruiting wildly this year as well. Sometimes, you only see one or two, then when you stand back and let your eyes adjust, there are hundreds.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
    #6207969 - 10/24/06 08:29 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sometimes, you only see one or two, then when you stand back and let your eyes adjust, there are hundreds.

:yesnod:

tis' true

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: It seems that NW Washington is the place to be [Re: Soularize]
    #6208194 - 10/24/06 09:02 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

no i dont live in seattle. i was looking in the olympia area......can someone please answer my mycelia question!!!!??

--------------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6208241 - 10/24/06 09:09 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hoopershroomer said:
no i dont live in seattle. i was looking in the olympia area......can someone please answer my mycelia question!!!!??

No you can't tell what type of mycelium it by looking at it...nearly all types are white..well, experienced people might with smell and sometimes if you poke it it can turn blue, but it's not a good idea to do that...just wait till they pop. If you see mycelia, it might be worth it to go back in a week or two and check again

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
mycologically driven individual
Male User Gallery

#6208411 - 10/24/06 09:35 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
If you looked in Seattle for more than an hour in the last few days, you didn't look hard enough. They're here, and a bumper crop at that. Just don't take them all, and don't destroy the beds. Cut the stems with a knife to remove them. Don't pull.

shit man, i will take great care to make sure they will come back if i find them, but i haven't found anything at all this season yet. i struck out on my bike for a couple hours on sunday and couldn't find anything. I was really dissppointed. i found a couple of those little red capped mushies that grow in the sam habitat as cyans, but that was the only fungus i found, nothing of any interest....i'm going to try again this weekend. i'm dedicating all of the daylight on saturday and sunday to finding mushies, and i will find some by god!!

--------------------
[url=http:

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: It seems that NW Washington is the place to be [Re: SuchSmartMonkeys]
    #6208684 - 10/24/06 10:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Today I read that until some rain in September, this was set to be the driest summer in Seattle history, and I think it still placed in at #5 or something.  So things are just getting going, alot of patches from last year haven't pinned or are just starting to.    Don't be discouraged, just get out there :smile:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract