Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineestaesPACO
re-initiated

Loc: neither here nor there
"Naturalization"
    #620516 - 04/27/02 02:57 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Is it possible to naturalize cubensis to my area? I live about 20 miles north of the Alabama state line in Tennessee. There are PLENTY of cow fields and horse stables and an overabundance of chicken shacks....(plenty of straw to go around, too.
But unfortunately, cubensis can't be found in Tennessee naturally. Is that because Cubensis hasn't travelled here yet??? Or are conditions just not ideal?

What I was wondering is......Is is possible to "naturalize" cubensis to my srea?? and if so... How would I do this?? Invest in a hundred prints and spread spores everywhere??

Any comments welcome...but no flames, please!!

Peace,
Paco

--------------------
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently ." - Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: "Naturalization" [Re: estaesPACO]
    #620555 - 04/27/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

go to your local pasture....feed horses and cows apple slices that have spores scraped onto them...or you can just make outdoor beds yourself.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #620869 - 04/27/02 11:43 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Panaeolus subbalteatus grows in your area. MushMush had prints available last I checked.

I think the best place to put them would be around the hay bin and around shade trees where they like to hang out. If you look closely enough you will find some areas that get fresh shit daily and in quantity. I'm thinking spawning grain into shit, colonizing that and then using the shit as spawn into the richer areas might work.

I have no Idea if cubies would take or not.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineestaesPACO
re-initiated

Loc: neither here nor there
Re: "Naturalization" [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #621384 - 04/28/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Well If I could do this, which strain should I try? Or should I try many different ones to get the gene pool a-flowin'?
The horses are all in enclosed private stables, So I don't know how easily I'd be able to feed them spores. But the cows here are plentiful....
I hope Cubensis can grow naturally in my area....that would be awesome!

Peace,
Paco

--------------------
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently ." - Nietzsche

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #621441 - 04/28/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I haven't the foggiest idea. I would guess the one that origionally came from the location closest to you. That may be the question you need to ask.

Ask around and see where the different strains were taken from. I'm guessing the major factor will be cold tolerence.

Pan subbs are the only species I know of that do grow in Tennessee. They grow almost everywhere in the U.S.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #621981 - 04/29/02 04:05 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

try tazzies, supposedly the conditions in tazmania are less than tropical

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Edited by MeltingPenguin (04/29/02 04:12 AM)

OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
    #621998 - 04/29/02 04:48 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I saw one vendor recently introduced a Columbian Mountain strain of Cubensis. I know Columbia and in those mountains it can get quite cold at night. Something growing there should be able to stand freezing and thawing.

I am planning to establish Pan sub in my garden in Toronto. It grows almost every place in the world even in the far north.

I heard B+ is one of the most adaptable mushrooms. It might be a good one to try. The spores are cheap and very available. If it doesn't work, you're not out much.

Then of course there are the wood eaters which would do nicely in your area as they have been introduced to Virginia, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

Offlinebluepoo
journeyman
Loc: europe
    #623626 - 04/30/02 10:20 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i havent done this but this is what im thinking of doing
get an azure print/culture make 2 gallons of liquid inoculent and get a supersoker watergun and head to the nearist forests theres one freshly felled that i have my eye on for this project

--------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
the above is what the litel leprecans told me to say and should be regarded as such
-----------------------------------------------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules