Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecoctyle
Stranger
 User Gallery

The Shrooms Found Me
    #6130113 - 10/03/06 08:25 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I am 29 years old and did most of my tripping between about 17 and 25, with only a couple of trips in the last few years. The last time I ate 'shrooms (before the trip that this story is about), was probably 2 or 3 years ago. During most of that time, I didn't think much about tripping.

The last few months have been different. Several months ago, a friend of mine and I both experienced a sudden re-interest in the fungus and began researching and making preparations to make our own. Now we are very close to a birthday, but the anticipation makes both of our appitites for psychedelics greater! We have also noticed that many of our friends are suddenly interested in obtaining 'shrooms, so it seems that there is a widespread collective hunger for the guys. Unfortunately, no one seemed to know a mycologist that could help us out in advance of our own harvest (and I don't think they grow wild around me).

So, this past Saturday afternoon, I go to a FOAF's house, and he just happens to have mushrooms that he is willing to part with. This is completely out of the blue, completely unrelated to the original reason that I was seeing this person. I mean, believe me, no one has just up and offered me 'shrooms in YEARS. I was planning on hanging out with three other people that night, one of which is my mycological partner, and there was just about enough for a light dose for each of us (I got half of 1/8).

The shrooms looked about average, maybe just a tad above (but unfortunately, I have seen a few bags that were completely dust). These ones were cracker dry, with a few caps still attached to the stem with the veil unbroken. There was very little blueing, and they had almost no oder in the bag. There ws not a lot of dust or tiny broken up pieces.

We all munched at about 10 pm, after a really interesting sunset. I would have loved to have been tripping for that, but the circumstances just didn't work out to munch that early. There was a short period after about 30 minutes and a bowl of decent kind bud that I felt an increase in spirits and energy, and definately increased visual acuity, but I didnt feel like I was tripping. Then over the next 20 or 30 minutes, I started to feel a little wake of trippiness here and there, and then into a full, but light trip.

We were at my friends house, which is out in the country and has a fire pit and a decent amount of space to just wander around. We all sat around the fire most of the night. There was a long time, it seemed like almost an hour, that we just sat around the fire in complete silence. You would probably call this the peak, but I still was not tripping hard in the visual or tactile sense. The fire was not throwing off crazy visuals at all, in fact it looked incredibly real, more clear and real than reality, if you know what I mean. But we were all perfectly silent and almost perfectly still. There was a Coltraine CD playing, but I can't say I was really listening to the music. I can't really say I was wrapped in super deep thought, I was just existing, existing around the fire as man kind has done for millions of years. i almost feel as if it brought out this tribal instinct in us, to just sit around the fire quiet, still, but alert.

For awhile I walked up to this tree and just felt this weird feeling getting close to it. It wsa a smallish tree and the branches draped down near the ground, so I could walk in and be surrounded by it. This made me feel very calm and protected, but it was a little intense at the same time. I didn't feel like the tree was talking to me or anything, but it seemed more like a living thing, more like an animal. This tree was probably damaged at a yound age or something, because it had two halves that were seperated by a big scar. I could sense that the tree was using its energy to hold itself together, and this was not easy, but it was just a fact of the tree'slife, nothing to be ashamed of.

After awhile I wondered into my friends shop, which is like a big garage with an Epoxy painted floor and bright lighting. The floor has all these different colored (but mostly dark/gray colored) speckles all over it. If I staired at the floor, I could only get a slight visual effect, where it appeared that the different shades of dots were at different levels, like all the whitish ones an inch above the floor, and the next darker shade all slightly closer to the floor than that. But this was only mild and would go away if I wasn't kind of concentrating on it.

But I definately felt like I was tripping until about 5 am, by that time the group had split up and I was just with one of the original four at a different house where I fell asleep by maybe 5:30 or so.

This trip was light but just incredibly pleasant. It wsa great to get together with people that I haven't tripped with in a long time. It has only been a few days, but my spirits remain significantly lifted since that time, and I am even more enthusiastic about giving birth to this wonderful fungus and sharingit with those I love.

One thing about the lack of visuals though, maybe it was just too small of a dose, but all and all I have rarely gotten super visuals off of 'shrooms. Some have told me that artifically cultivated shrooms tend to be less visual or maybe just less potent than those that grow on dung in natural elements. Any thoughts on that?

Edited by coctyle (10/03/06 08:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: The Shrooms Found Me [Re: coctyle]
    #6205394 - 10/24/06 09:15 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Some have told me that artifically cultivated shrooms tend to be less visual or maybe just less potent than those that grow on dung in natural elements. Any thoughts on that?

I have noticed this also. I ate some of the local wild shrooms and had MAD cev and oev visuals. After growing some of the same shrooms the visuals were still there just not as pronounced and vivid.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineInsane_Wayne
Disgustipated

Re: The Shrooms Found Me [Re: niteowl]
    #6205510 - 10/24/06 09:50 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've eaten 7 grams of wild liberty's with no OEV's, but some major open eye distortions. Instead the trip was all in my mind, but I have my own theory on liberty's being way more of a mind trip then a visual trip. Cubensis are more visual for me, Although with ALL drugs I've done, I've never been a huge visual tripper. I love tripping and not being able to have vivid OEV's was always a bit of a let down....until I met salvia.....

I plan on stepping it up with the mushrooms though, I just finsihed 3 years being drug free, just started doing a few again and they are still tied (with salvia) for my drug of choice,, and if I can manange to get a nice lil personal sized yeild here in the next couple month I am going to do 7 grams, then 10, then 14. A half oz has been a goal of mine for awhile. I look foward to that experience.

--------------------
Saw the Gap again today....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale