Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHUBSonDUBS
Male User Gallery

When cloning a mushroom in a cluster, will I get a better pinset?
    #6201580 - 10/23/06 11:43 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

If I clone a mushroom that is the middle of a cluster of mushrooms will this help on my pinset?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: When cloning a mushroom in a cluster, will I get a better pinset? [Re: HUBSonDUBS]
    #6201709 - 10/23/06 12:24 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i tried it a couple of times but couldnt tell any difference to other clones.

it seems as if the "clusterability" doesnt get cloned lol :smirk:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: When cloning a mushroom in a cluster, will I get a better pinset? [Re: ohmatic]
    #6201747 - 10/23/06 12:37 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

its certainly no garuntee but its still a good choice.

a good pinset comes from good technique.  certainly different clones/substrains may have genetic predisposition that cause them to form pinheads more abundantly, but you can have the best genetics and still screw up your casing layer.

chances are likely where you see a tight cluster of pins, you did something right with the casing layer in that localized area.  observe those kind of things and let experience teach... and apply it to the whole casing next time. :smile:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: When cloning a mushroom in a cluster, will I get a better pinset? [Re: creamcorn]
    #6202001 - 10/23/06 02:14 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It won't affect your pinset because that's related to your technique, but it's well known that mycelium cloned from a cluster will produce mushrooms in clusters. That's not just cubes either. Edible growers have noted this for decades. The best oyster strains have been cloned from wild fruits that grew in clusters. In other words, clusters are a genetic trait.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: When cloning a mushroom in a cluster, will I get a better pinset? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6204677 - 10/23/06 11:57 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Good to know I just checked on one of the biggest clusters Ive ever had,guess some cloning is in their future

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom