Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Air Pump, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
Desperation....
    #6202164 - 10/23/06 04:58 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

OK so I have this and this .... The humidifier pic is not mine but I have the same kind.

I am about to lose my mind I've been trying to initiate pinning for around 12 days on a few cakes and about a week on a few more.. I cannot keep humidity high enough in my PMP with the air pump and airstones and misting... the cakes are all very dried out and I'm going to redunk them tonight. I simply need to get this figured out, I have 3 more cakes that are incubating right now and I need a reliable humid environment for them at least. My other 8 cakes that have been birthed and I've been waiting on might be beyond help. Good lord this all sounded so simple when I set out and everything went quickly and perfectly up until I birthed them, then they just stopped responding. I'm sure you all are sick of reading my posts (I have been posting an excessive amount in the past month  :grin:) but I just don't know what to do! Thanks to everyone who has helped me make it this far :heart:

ANYWAYS, back to my humidfier. It's old, it's dirty, Its soaking in alcohol/h202 water in my bathtub right now.. Do you think it would be safe to use? I will of course clean it very well if I use it, but it seems kinda sketchy to me... also, I have spent entirely too much money on this project so far, and I can't REALLY afford to buy any parts (hoses, filters and such) to rig it up, would it be ok to cut a round hole in the side of my PMP and just let it blow straight in there and then cover the hole somehow when it's not on so the stagnant water doesn't transfer bad stuff into the PMP? Also, is there something I could add to the water like alcohol or h202 that is incabable of becoming turning into mist like the water... something that would stay in the water to keep it sterile and not be transferred in the mist?

thanks once again everyone!

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblefigment
Apothecary
 User Gallery

Loc: Quidity
Re: Desperation.... [Re: headieherbs]
    #6202191 - 10/23/06 05:06 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

dude, i would recommend doing a bulk grow with hpoo. much easier with fewer hastles...and one can do it without a humidifier. brf is way too suseptable to contams and colonizes way too slow for me. here's what i would do: i would gather some hpoo, dry it, put it in the oven for an hour at 175, wet it to feild consistency and crumble some cakes into it...then the rest is history (if you do a little research)...but that's just me. but don't take my word for it. da-da--da. ;P GL bro all the same!

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #6202208 - 10/23/06 05:09 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If you'll get rid of those rocks and bubblers and replace them with three inches of damp, but not wet perlite, you'll get 99% humidity. Forget the coolmist. They have an application in greenhouses, but all you need is perlite and your problem will be solved for less than $4

You also need to get that setup off the floor. More than 90% of the contaminants in a room are within a few inches of the floor, and it's worse with carpet.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineheadieherbs
 User Gallery

Re: Desperation.... [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6202277 - 10/23/06 05:24 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks RR... I do have another FC, like you're talking about:

and

but they're still not much happening.. a few of the cakes have grown minutely fuzzier, but there's been relatively little to no action in the past 4 or 5 days. Maybe I'm giving them too much light? They get about as much light as there is in a day, maybe 10-11 hours a day and I have been fanning the shit outta them the past 3 days, like 10 times a day for FAE.. I would like to hear your thoughts on re-dunking them for another 12 hours as I rolled them in DRY verm the first time I dunked them and I think that dried them out.... after that I would use the perlite method and give them another shot.

--------------------

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #6202338 - 10/23/06 05:36 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

After you roll in dry verm, you're supposed to mist them heavily in order to get the verm damp. Don't let the verm draw moisture from the cake.

Yea, re-dunk, roll, then mist and put in the perlite terrarium and fan several times per day. After that, it's time for patience.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineheadieherbs
 User Gallery

Re: Desperation.... [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6202502 - 10/23/06 06:15 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Will do.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Air Pump, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation