Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
George Michael Fires Up Joint During Interview
    #6197998 - 10/22/06 02:23 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Like George Michael being on drugs is really that big of a shock to any of us?

Quote:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/20/george.michael.ap/index.html

LONDON, England (AP) -- George Michael praised marijuana and apparently smoked a joint during a recently taped television interview, prompting criticism from anti-drug campaigners Friday.

British television network ITV said the singer lit up while being interviewed for the arts program "The South Bank Show." The interview is due to be broadcast October 31.

"This stuff keeps me sane and happy," Michael, 43, told the program.

"I'd say it's a great drug -- but obviously it's not very healthy. You can't afford to smoke it if you've got anything to do."

A spokeswoman for "The South Bank Show" said the interview had been conducted in Madrid, Spain, where marijuana consumption is legal. In September, Michael launched his "25 Live" tour -- his first in 15 years -- in Spain.

Earlier this month, the former Wham! singer was given a formal warning for possessing marijuana after police found him slumped over the steering wheel of his car in north London.

He was also cautioned for possession of the drug in February. Marijuana users can be sentenced to up to two years in jail for possession in Britain, though in practice, most people found with small amounts are given a warning.

Paul Corry, a spokesman for mental health charity Rethink, said Michael's comments were "stupid and naive."

William Butler, spokesman for drug treatment charity Addaction, said he was "concerned about the message this can send out to young people."

"Cannabis is illegal because it can be harmful, as can all drugs," he said.

Michael's publicist said the singer had no comment.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetheduke
Metal Mushie
Male

Loc: Middle of Nowhere
Re: George Michael Fires Up Joint During Interview [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6198110 - 10/22/06 03:02 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

"Cannabis is illegal because it can be harmful, as can all drugs," he said.

Prescription drugs can be harmful too. Let's illegalize those next.

It's nice to know we have a government that doesn't trust us with anything more deadly than a pair of safety scissors.

OfflineComponent
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: George Michael Fires Up Joint During Interview *DELETED* [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6198128 - 10/22/06 03:08 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Component

Reason for deletion: ...

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: George Michael Fires Up Joint During Interview [Re: Component]
    #6198146 - 10/22/06 03:12 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I didnt even see that. I had no idea either...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: George Michael Fires Up Joint During Interview [Re: Component]
    #6198432 - 10/22/06 04:28 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Component said:
"The interview had been conducted in Madrid, Spain, where marijuana consumption is legal."

I'm putting Madrid on my list of places to go in Europe. I didn't know marijuana consumption was legal there.

Consumption of marijuana even here in the U.S. is not illegal, It the possession of that is. You can't be arrested for "the act of consuming", unless you are driving or are blatantly publicly intoxicated.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: George Michael Fires Up Joint During Interview [Re: motaman]
    #6198592 - 10/22/06 05:17 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

In South Dakota, having consumed marijuana is possession, as long as it is still in your body.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/326/southdakota.shtml

:what:

:levitate:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMustNotBe
HPPDer
Male User Gallery

Re: George Michael Fires Up Joint During Interview [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6198650 - 10/22/06 05:35 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I guess, but here when they arrest you for the "act" of smoking, they arrest you for dealing, since passing a joint is dealing here. So just refuse to pass lol. And if then, when you have a joint or w/e in your hand that would be possession no?

--------------------
Junkies United we stand , Devided we're sick as fuck.
-                  -                -
"Hallucinations are something heroin users are not at all accustomed to," said Const. Conor King, Victoria police drug expert. "They react like you or I would react if we took Aspirin and all of a sudden the TV got up and started walking across the room."
-                  -                -
Make drugs legal, or alcohol and tobacco illegal. Either way it's more fair.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: George Michael Fires Up Joint During Interview [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6198702 - 10/22/06 05:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
In South Dakota, having consumed marijuana is possession, as long as it is still in your body.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/326/southdakota.shtml

:what:

:levitate:

lol.. thats gay.. :smirk:

--------------------

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: George Michael Fires Up Joint During Interview [Re: MustNotBe]
    #6198708 - 10/22/06 05:51 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MustNotBe said:
I guess, but here when they arrest you for the "act" of smoking, they arrest you for dealing, since passing a joint is dealing here. So just refuse to pass lol. And if then, when you have a joint or w/e in your hand that would be possession no?

maybe i misphrased that..What I meant is after the fact. :smirk:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules