Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefrontstreet
Stranger
Mushroom alkaloid extraction
    #619822 - 04/26/02 10:08 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Are there any preferred extraction methods for dimethyltryptamines? I mean, should a standard acid/base with tolly or naptha be used, i swear somewhere preferred naptha or should something else? A dead uncle in a dream told me he tried to extract shitloads of mimosa bark but the extractions were fucked, and yield was very low. So any tips are valued. Also, anybody know about the decomposition of psylocin, psylocybine, baocystine, and norbaocystine(sp?). If no one writes back, i'll get back to you and post my findings. Even if i have to chromatography every last culture in the world.......

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Mushroom alkaloid extraction [Re: frontstreet]
    #619828 - 04/26/02 10:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You're lucky, my dead uncle never gives my extraction advice.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #620270 - 04/27/02 10:45 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

psilocine can be extracted from dried powdered psilocybe mushrooms by us9ng methanol as the extractant.

And some pharmaceutival seives to absorb the residue.

Grind mushrooms into a fine powder. Remember that out of five dried grams of mushrooms, that is a total of 5000 milligrams of dried poder your can extract exactley between 20-30 miilgrams of psilocine. That is comnparable to a mazatec Indian Ceremonial Dosage.

But 15 milligrams out of 5000 is a very minute amount of chemical.

After soaking the dried powdered mushroom residue in methanol in a seive, let liquid methanol evaporate and repeat the process everal times, being sure to let all methanol evaporate before using.

Howeve, it is too much a problem and if you ever got caught with the hemical you would most likely get a rather stiff sentence and bring heat ont he naturalness of the shrooms.

mj

OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
    #620760 - 04/27/02 10:46 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

A very good method is using acids such as vinegar or I like the idea of lemon juice from extract. If you like you can add vitamin C crystals to strengthen the acid. Soak the mushrooms in warmed acid then filter. Extract the mushrooms several times. Then you have the psilocybin in suspension with the acid. You can just drink the lemon juice as lemonade or continue to extract the psilocybin. All you have to do is add bits of baking soda to the liquid until you see a white powder precipitating out and settling to the bottom. This is the alcoloids that are dropping out as the acid is neutralized and can no longer hold them. Seperate the liquid from the precipitate and you have psilocybin extract. This method can be used with any alcoloid.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology