Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: The Gaia Hypothesis, evolutionary morality and the next step [Re: demiu5]
    #6187218 - 10/19/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

demius said:
just as cancers eat away at animals, did you ever think that maybe we are a cancer eating away at the "earth organism", grown so rampant it is unable to contain us until either it destroys itself or we take it down, in turn taking us down?

Concerning the morality, it is culture. How it developed, I do not know, but there is no constant morality.

why is cancer such a bad guy? Why is bacteria and Viri always painted as these evil entities bent on world domination, when that is not the case?

These organisms exist for a reason, even rampant cellular growth, aka cancer exists for a reason. Its difficult to think like that when its your grandmother or close relative having cancerous tissue, but it is a truth regardless of the emotional need to blame something for our dis-eases, even though, as a whole, we only have to look so far as ourselves.

On the subject of morality:

I believe that morality is an individual phenomenon just as much as a cultural and species phenomenon... It is important to realize that no one person or type of immoral peoples are reducing themselves to the level of reptiles... We all entertain the capacity for moral and ethical judgment, and exercise it daily... its just a matter of being self serving, or collectively serving.

In this crucial moment of our evolutionary process, its important to realize that we are all unified, there are no lessers and greaters in our species. We simply need to unify the idea of "better for one is better for the whole"... What do you think advanced consciousnesses like Christ were trying to instill into us? We are all children of God, and the advancement of the species is upon us every day we walk outside and choose to project UNITY and LOVE to the faces we meet, instead of thoughts of a SEPARATE existence? We are all cells in the same species organism. We are all facets in the crystal of God.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: The Gaia Hypothesis, evolutionary morality and the next step [Re: Wasteland]
    #6187229 - 10/19/06 04:36 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wasteland said:
You say that Earth functions much like an organism.

I believe that this statement is merely an error in observation. The Earth itself is just thermal, kinectic and potential energy acting in traditional physical manners.

Isnt that a good definition for an organism, or perhaps a single cell of an organism?

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: The Gaia Hypothesis, evolutionary morality and the next step [Re: niteowl]
    #6188542 - 10/19/06 10:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Every time you feel Gods presence......it is really just the Gaia spirit talking to you.

I must disagree. Gaia emanates from God, not the other way around. The divine, in its fullness, encompasses far more than the earth spirit. I have personally felt the presence of this Earth spirit many times, but have also felt a greater divine presence which transcends the earthly domain.

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: The Gaia Hypothesis, evolutionary morality and the next step [Re: Lion]
    #6190234 - 10/20/06 10:13 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bug said:
I realize how convoluted this post is - I just woke up from a nap, so cut me some slack. Basically, I get that walruses want there to be more walruses in the future, but evolutionary theorists have
never explained why in terms of the origins of life. It's a black hole in the theory, the universal (or planetary, at least) law that says creatures want there to be more creatures like them
after they're dead.

OK, let's say that random genetic mutation creates two types of walruses: one type pursues playing instead of procreation, and does not produce offspring, the other type pursues procreation, and
produces many offspring.

Which mutation is a genetic "dead end" and which becomes a busy freeway?

This is not a matter of science dismissing something as incidental, it is self-evident. Unless you believe that a higher power "coded" organisms in a certain way, it is a simple matter of success
or
failure in genetic terms. Many organisms could occur which do not "want" more of their kind to be born, but they will inevitably fail (i.e. become extinct.)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: The Gaia Hypothesis, evolutionary morality and the next step [Re: Veritas]
    #6190265 - 10/20/06 10:19 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I feel sorry for the playing walruses. So happy, yet doomed :frown:

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: The Gaia Hypothesis, evolutionary morality and the next step [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6190268 - 10/20/06 10:21 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe some of them started having playful sex?  :wink:  (That's my preference.)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: The Gaia Hypothesis, evolutionary morality and the next step [Re: Veritas]
    #6190278 - 10/20/06 10:23 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe humans could intervene and teach them to procreate dutifully...maybe use a 12 step program or some such....all in all I agree.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: The Gaia Hypothesis, evolutionary morality and the next step [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6190305 - 10/20/06 10:28 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:  "Non-procreators Anonymous"?

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: The Gaia Hypothesis, evolutionary morality and the next step [Re: Moonshoe]
    #6190709 - 10/20/06 12:09 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

"And to answer another posters question, yes i think this differs very significantly from the actions of a bee in blind service to the hive.

I think this is the first real emergence of the seeds of a true spiritual morality"
This other poster was me.
Hmm ? You think only those complex brains will build up the first real emergence of the seeds of a true spiritual morality ?
After processing that a while and thinking in both directions I have to disagree and stay with my first statement.
I always can see the outcome of 'human' morality in more simple organisms as well....very much.
They simply have no way to chose, that makes the difference, as they live out their most effective way of life.
But I see, as well, perhaps that what you meant, and that would be 'intention'. This is a lack in simpler complex forms of existence, as they were defined out of themselves, unlike us, who might forget that too easily.
Those intentions, who are in opposite to the natural most effective way of survival, this seems mostly to come from more complex life-forms.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: The Gaia Hypothesis, evolutionary morality and the next step [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #6191423 - 10/20/06 02:53 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

"I see, as well, perhaps that what you meant, and that would be 'intention'."

absolutely, i think the element of choice or will is important.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: The Gaia Hypothesis, evolutionary morality and the next step [Re: Moonshoe]
    #6196606 - 10/22/06 04:21 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Haha, I just realized we have a free will, but it only works if you choose the right one together.

Slack is the only free will, hahaha. Sounds lame. Hm. Jesus.

The more you stray from the will of the planet, in this theory, the more free will you "use". If your intention is the same as the planets, you kind of uses your free will, but you chose the will of the community, rather than your own will, so in reality you would be using the free will of Gaia instead of your own.

Ahem.

This brings back all these wicked memories about reading about Lucifers will to be himself, and God wanting life to live for all life.

I'm off my tits stoned, right now.

Anyway, the reason it only works if you choose the will of Gaia, is because your will is a collectively destructive one. Sustaining isn't our will. Our will is a purely destructive one. Not by nature. By spirit. Haha.

Quote:

Saturn ascends, choose one or ten. hang on or be humbled again.

Clutch it like a cornerstone. otherwise it all comes down.
Justify denials and grip it to the lonesome end.
Saturn ascends, comes round again.
Saturn ascends, the one, the ten. ignorant to the damage done.

Hmm...what to pick, what to pick...

:2cents:

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale