Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

"Energy"
    #617586 - 04/24/02 04:55 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

What is this "energy" that everyone talks about flowing through the body?

I think it can be explained in much more rational and useful terms than it usually is.

I have been thinking recently that maybe this "energy" or "astral light" is nothing more than the movement of your point of thought-focus.

For instance, focus all of your thought on your wrist (imagining that you can also feel something there will help). Then, practice focusing thought on your elbow. Once you can concentrate comfortably on each area, visualize this "thought" moving back and forth between your wrist and elbow. This corresponds to the movement of "energy".

When combined with the phenomenon known as "synthenasia" (often induced by psilocybin mushrooms), these thoughts, which are nothing more than sensory inputs, can be "seen" as closed eye visuals and felt through hallucination. This acts to further increase the mind's focus and thus the "energy" present.

The potential uses for this include, focusing thought, gaining control of the mind, liberating unnecessary thought, and expanding the potential of the concious mind.

Any personal opinions on "energy" are welcome as i may be totally wrong

--------------------
:egyptian:

Edited by Catalysis (04/24/02 06:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: "Energy" [Re: Catalysis]
    #617594 - 04/24/02 05:00 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I never post about this subject, because it will throw most of the people in the board off onto some crazy tangent.

But, yeah, that's how I think of "energy" flowing through the body (not like DragonballZ).

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

#617687 - 04/24/02 06:49 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Makes sense.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: "Energy" [Re: ]
    #617695 - 04/24/02 07:03 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

This theory does, however, bring up particularly interesting questions about the "chakras" and the paths that this supposed energy is confined to.

--------------------

OfflinecHeMiCaLbLuE
    #617913 - 04/24/02 11:58 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

man its so weird, it is actually starting to feel like i am influencing people with my thoughts ( emotional energy ) by themselves. I was at work today, walking down a long hallway in the backroom, there was this hot chick way ahead of me doing something. I started thinking about doing some erotic shit to her as hard and as vividly as i could, right away she looked at me funny and then continued what she was doing. Later I was talking to my buddy in the front room, and she just came up to me and stared at me, i didn't know what to say so i just walked away with my buddy feeling a little embaraced about the situation, that's my story and the funny thing is that when i told my friend about what had happened she told me she does it all the time with results, she is kinda crazy like me though keep in mind.

--------------------
insanity with a plan, a plan to stop exercising truth as compared to breathing thin air, but to experience truth as all there is to experience, for what do i not already have that exsists? All i can do is enjoy the ride.

Anonymous

Re: "Energy" [Re: cHeMiCaLbLuE]
    #618076 - 04/25/02 04:19 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

you remind me of me back when i starting taking X a lot...

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: "Energy" [Re: Anonymous]
    #618195 - 04/25/02 08:44 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I think that physical expressions play a large role in this phenomenon known as "non-verbal communication".

For instance, im sure that you appeared differently to her when you were staring at her and thinking erotic thoughts then you would have if you just walked by her, staring at the ground.

I have also noticed that people walk up to me and start talking to me when im happy but never when im sad. This also happens when i fake being happy or sad which i do once in a while for the sake of social experimentation.

By the way, i no longer take E because the experiance is too simple for me. It doesnt require the user to break through any mental barriers and it is therfore less rewarding and i even venture to say that it is useless in "spiritual" endevours. If anyone has experianced the contrary, please tell.

--------------------

Edited by Catalysis (04/25/02 08:50 AM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #618245 - 04/25/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I agree 100% with you on the MDMA...
Fucking useless to me. Good for people who want to live for NOW. Ah, the aesthetic life... "Hello... and welcome... You've entered the Happy Zone. No more sad or angry thoughts... Only HAPPY... Can you feel it? Feel the love?"
If I ever have to hear bullshit, hollow, falsely-emotional, crap again I'll...
Tear it all down and build it back up- That's what a true entheogen should do...

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: "Energy" [Re: Sclorch]
    #618261 - 04/25/02 09:56 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

lol...my sentiments exactly.

--------------------

Anonymous

#618275 - 04/25/02 10:10 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I think that physical expressions play a large role in this phenomenon known as "non-verbal communication".
I would add that there may also be an element of chemical expression and olfactory sensation (pheromones).

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#618305 - 04/25/02 10:45 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

yes, very true.

It is also my opinion that these discrete forms of sense recognition compose what is commonly referred to as the "aura", which is therfore not a sixth sense. Although to consider it in the form of a sense (while knowing the truth) is not wrong and may, in some instances, even be more useful than actually picking it apart and analyzing it.

And thus another spiritual idea has been brought into the realm of rational usefulness.

--------------------

Anonymous

#618330 - 04/25/02 11:20 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Are you aware of Neuro-Linguistic Programming? I've tried some of the techniques it employs and it worked in those situations.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#618336 - 04/25/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

No, but it has a cool name.
Please explain...

--------------------

Anonymous

#618382 - 04/25/02 12:17 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

The roots of NLP lie in studies of body language. Psychologists dissected many hours of video taped human interaction and were able to classify and correlate many different body movements, vocal and linguistic patterns with peoples attitudes, emotions and ways of perceiving the world. You can observe body movements, such as which way a person's eyes turn when their contemplating something or how they cock their head and of course obvious things such as crossed arms. Also you can recognize linguistic patterns, if a person uses such phrases as "I see what you're saying" vs. "I understand what you're trying to convey" or "If I hear you correctly..." All these provide clues as to the way the person perceives and understands the world and his fellow humans as well as his emotional state during the interactions.

By examining people who are very good at the art of persuasion, for example, they learned that good salesmen did many of the same things (subconsciously). For instance, a salesman is engaged in a conversation with someone who is resistant to buying his product. The prospect has the classic closed body sign such as crossed arms, and is prone to use phrases such as "I don't see how this will benefit me." The salesman might do a couple of things, he starts mirroring the body positions of the prospect (which are first 'closed'), he also will adopt the same linguistic patterns (using 'see' instead of 'hear' or 'understand' and matching the cadence of speech). After 'getting in tune' with the customer, the salesman may then gradually open up his body language, leading the prospect to do the same.

This is just a brief example and there are other implications for their work besides sales, such as learning new things or changing behaviors.

The names of some of the people who have worked in and written on the subject are:
Richard Bandler
Leslie Cameron Bandler
David Gordon
John Grinder
Michael Lebeau

Edited by evolving (04/25/02 03:13 PM)

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#618512 - 04/25/02 03:03 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, this is exactly what i have been thinking about lately. I figured that there must have been some psychological studies done at some point but i had never heard of anything. I would be more interested in the sub-concious interactions taking place at this level, like you were saying about folding and unfolding the arms. truely fascinating...

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #618526 - 04/25/02 03:21 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Open up a new thread about NLP... I would like to hear more.

--------------------

Anonymous

#619082 - 04/26/02 03:51 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

just wanted to clarify that i was replying to chemicalblue in my first post...

as far as E goes though, i had my first spiritual awakening with it. after that all the novelty wore off and it was pretty much worthless and a tad bit addictive. not only that but when you are on it everyone expects you to be a certain way... "happy". well... that wasn't always the case for me and people would just leave me sitting by myself because i guess i wasn't any fun to be around.

sorry for the short ramble, just remembering what it was like. the point was that it did have a spiritual effect on me, for a short time anyway.

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#619166 - 04/26/02 06:35 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

so, what chakras can be, if such an explanation of energy is true?

OfflineJustFootsteps
Loc: a hill
    #619245 - 04/26/02 08:23 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

i've only taken x a few times, and i'm not hugely inclined to do it again. the first time i just thought, 'well, it sure feels nice to move and be touched,' and i did learn to appreciate those things and dance like no one's looking, maybe be more sensual and less sexual with women, and appreciate the Hug anew. but it wasn't anything mindblowing to feel artificially happy, and when it passed i just felt depressed and drug-addicted. no post-trip rejoicing, no sense of hope.

then, i did it some time later with my tripmates. the x was stronger and it felt so good i felt i just had to be honest about it. t seemed silly not to. quite apart from all the fondling that went on, which was very nice, the honesty was in fact spiritual, a catharsis and a revelation to us all. we owned up to mutual attractions between coupled people, told stories about ourselves that would normally be out of bounds, expressed concerns about the experience, etc. a few weeks later my two closest trip mates and my girlfriend at the time shared an even more transformative experience in which the fondling was almost forgotten in the bath of honesty. we managed to keep it up for some time, a month or more, without doing X again. but having all those walls down was too much, and it all backfired. we're not as close and don't trust each other as much as before the X days.

my feeling is that X does not take you into the Beat... connect you with energy; it stays firmly in the square world, but by detaching the strong physical enjoyment of your body from sex, it strips you of guilt and allows you to be honest and disclosive. this practice is liberating, and can free you into the Beat even while sober. it allows you to enjoy your body in motion and touch without fear that you will be perceived as or actually be sexually predatory (at least, for men). it connects you to the part of your square world that is most natural - embodiment - while simultaneously detaching you from the most unnatural part - our fucked up, taboo-addled, 'violent' sexual attitudes toward one another.

still, it was pretty boring the last two times i did it; it's a one hit wonder.

--------------------
in peace,
just footsteps
http://www.whyvegan.org

OfflinecHeMiCaLbLuE
    #619626 - 04/26/02 04:11 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

hey smack i feel ya with the E, it totally depends on who you are with, and obviously the kind. If you are with close friends, and i don't mean just people you have been hanging out with for a while, its way better, hey just let go, let go of your beliefs and the world, then you will start to have fun, no worries dude

--------------------
insanity with a plan, a plan to stop exercising truth as compared to breathing thin air, but to experience truth as all there is to experience, for what do i not already have that exsists? All i can do is enjoy the ride.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies