Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLloydChristmas
getting lost on purpose
Male User Gallery

Loc: atx
does anyone else feel like a waste after watching a good movie?
    #6181202 - 10/18/06 02:11 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Just watched "All the Pretty Horses." "A River Runs throught It" did the same thing to me. Movies with old fashioned adventure, comraderie, and a little love thrown in always get me inside. Sometimes I feel I was born in the wrong time. Nowadays it's hard to just cut all ties, head off into the sunset and make something of yourself. I can't explain it, anyone else want to help me out?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: does anyone else feel like a waste after watching a good movie? [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #6181210 - 10/18/06 02:21 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I feel like that sometimes when I read science fiction.

Things change and I enjoy seeing how they are affected. But, I can only view what occurs in the rest of this lifetime, and so is the limit of mortality.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: does anyone else feel like a waste after watching a good movie? [Re: Wasteland]
    #6181239 - 10/18/06 02:48 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Its a subtle hint from the subsiders of this narrow reality-tunnel called civilization. They are all in your face going: "YOU ARE A FAILURE, YOUR LIFE IS A WASTE, PEOPLE USED TO HAVE FUN AND ADVENTURE, NOW YOU ROT IN YOUR OWN SWEAT, WATCHING OTHER PEOPLES IDEAS OF ADVENTURE AND FUN, UNABLE TO PROBE YOUR OWN MIND AND FIND A SOLUTION TO YOUR ULTIMATE BOREDOME, YOUR LIFE IS INSIGNIFICANT, YOU ARE OUR TOOL, YOU PAY TO WATCH US WRECK YOUR DREAMS AND NUMB YOUR IMAGINATION, THANKS FOR DELIVERING YOUR BODY, YOUR LIFE, AND YOUR MIND TO THE GREATER CAUSE OF STAGNATING PROGRESS AND UNIVERSAL-SELF-MUTILATION"

You feel the fnord, but you cannot see it. You decide to feel shitty for a while, and then you forget why. You try to rediscover it by watching another movie. The feeling rearises, but you cannot see it. You decide to feel shitty for a while, doing nothing about it, and then you forget why. You try to rediscover it by sharing this with other people, and they destroy the last shred of hope you had left by saying: ITS NOT JUST YOU, WE ARE ALL MUTANTS WITH NO SELF-RESPECT, DIGNITY, RESPONSIBILITY OR VALUE, WE ALL HATE OURSELVES FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO HELP OURSELVES OR MAKE OURSELVES FEEL BETTER. WE CAN ONLY FEED THE FLAMES OF THE BURNING RING OF FIRE AND PERPETUALLY TORTURE OURSELVES. THAT IS ALL WE CAN DO BECAUSE "IT" HAS FOREVER BEEN A DUNCE IN THE SUNSHINE AND YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER FLY THRIVING ON THE SMELL OF SHIT.

All I'm saying is that this is the perpetual motion of the hollywood-indoctrination-brainwashing-agenda, and you should choose to ignore it alltogether or embrace it like the strawman it is. Another option is to make your own movies, your own art. Yet another is to pack your necessary shit up, sell your house, and go outside and live.

I'm going to work another two years, and then I'm doing the latter - unless we are able to form a gigantic group of people in a short while which are interested in giving up their lives in order to fix this shithole of a planet destroyed by our social and individual virus-like activity - I'm out of here. :smile:

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: does anyone else feel like a waste after watching a good movie? [Re: slaphappy]
    #6181277 - 10/18/06 03:51 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I enjoyed your post. Recently I haven't been able to enjoy hardly any types of television, DVD's included. It just feels like I'm wasting my dynamic life whenever I invest my attention in a box with pictures, even if the story is compelling.

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: does anyone else feel like a waste after watching a good movie? [Re: slaphappy]
    #6181413 - 10/18/06 06:31 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

exactly :smile: :thumbup:

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate