Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: mushroomplume] * 1
    #6187566 - 10/19/06 06:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

In dreaming everything has meaning. :wink:

And as I have observed. He's not nuttier than most people, he's just not normal.

And I am also convinced that we are all (most of us) a little or a lot insane and delusional.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (10/19/06 07:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHoss
Stranger
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: Icelander] * 1
    #6188668 - 10/19/06 11:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like he's tripping really hard, and he's trying to explain what he's thinking, what kind of revelations he's had, and what his new (yet very temporary) perception of the world is.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: Hoss] * 1
    #6190626 - 10/20/06 11:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

he makes since to me

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: Vulture] * 1
    #6191128 - 10/20/06 01:43 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

If this guy is crazy than I am crazy as fuck. I know exactly why he thinks the way he does. The circumstances of my life just didn't fuck me up like they did him. He's never met anyone that
understands him but I completely do. This guy is just really connected to the true nature of everything...this is way more than most people can fathom (not because they can't...everyone can). Its
if you gave a dog a humans brain for a day, they wouldn't be able to relate the experience to other dogs because other dogs could not fathom it. Most people can't fathom this poor dude and hence he
became frustrated to the point of craziness.

There is no such thing as normal. Who is anyone to judge anyone else as not normal or crazy? They are normal to themselves - quit judging! If you ask 100 differnt people a question, you get 100
normal
answers. Normal is totally relative.

I know why crazy people are crazy. Because they know they're not. They get judged as crazy by the people who ARE in fact crazy (look at the world they've/we've created...CRAZY AS FUCK) and they
become
powerless and do in a sense go crazy because of this. I firmly believe that we are all crazy, some of us just aren't afraid of it, like myself and this guy. There is nothing wrong with being crazy. I
fuckin love it actually.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: Grok] * 1
    #6192069 - 10/20/06 06:17 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

see the "Quantum theory and holographic nature of reality" post

Edit: Added link

--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji
"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."
"My karma ran over my dogma!"

Edited by fireworks_god (10/20/06 06:45 PM)

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: scattass] * 1
    #6193970 - 10/21/06 10:37 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

"I am nobody, more than I ever was before"....

Aren't we all.............

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisiblespiritualemerg
Stranger

#6793233 - 04/16/07 12:56 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I found this in the archives while I was following through on some of those links that appear at the bottom of each thread.

Those of you who are not the least bit interested in learning anything more about schizophrenia, feel free to skip this post. Those of you who are -- either because you carry the diagnosis or a loved one does, read on.

I remain of the opinion that schizophrenia/psychosis is the result of ego collapse. In the history of every schizophrenic I've spoken with there has always been a triggering factor that preceded the crisis. The individual then finds him or her self thrust into an experience of ego death with no preparation. When the ego goes down, the numinous comes up. It was always there, it was simply masked by the "little self". As a result, when you're dealing with someone in the midst of a schizophrenic break you're going to be seeing two things: one is the numinous -- which accounts for "schizophrenics" reputation as mystics, and the second is the shattered psyche, in particular the unconscious elements: the shadow and the anima/animus.

I experienced two "small" breaks before the big one hit. I was able to push those back down but the third one hit with tsunami force and there was no resisting it. It started when I began writing a story that opened with these words: In the beginning. Mike Wood, the individual identified in the video above spends quite a bit of time talking about this as well. As John Weir Perry, a Jungian trained psychiatrist, explains: Right away at the beginning, the death experience is accompanied by the feeling that you've gone back to the beginning of time.

Mike also struggles to explain his sense of being nothing, of being nobody and how that came to be. Perry explains it very well:

Quote:

I've been told, by people looking back on the experience, that one thing that stands out most of all, beyond the feeling of isolation, is the perception that everything that comes up is divided into opposites: Good and Bad, God and the Devil, Us and Them, or whatever. It's confusing, it's bewildering, it causes tremendous indecision and a total arrest in motivation in which everything is cancelled by its opposite.

Source: When the Dream Becomes Real

That seems to be the place where Mike is stuck and remains stuck. Having watched the video I'm going to guess that once Mike hit that point he was brought to the hospital and medicated, his process was halted. I didn't go to the hospital and I didn't end up with medication, instead, I went into the experience itself. I was guided through it by a mentor who "fell into my head" ...

Quote:

Jung described four stages of animus development in a woman. He first appears in dreams and fantasy as the embodiment of physical power, an athlete, muscle man or thug. In the second stage, the animus provides her with initiative and the capacity for planned action. He is behind a woman's desire for independence and a career of her own. In the next [third] stage, the animus is the "word," often personified in dreams as a professor or clergyman. In the fourth stage, the animus is the incarnation of spiritual meaning. On this highest level, like the anima as Sophia, the animus mediates between a woman's conscious mind and the unconscious. In mythology this aspect of the animus appears as Hermes, messenger of the gods; in dreams he is a helpful guide.

Source: The Jung Lexicon

If the break is allowed to progress unimpeded and ideally, supported in some manner, a pattern will begin to emerge, Ref: Schizophrenia & The Hero's Journey. The anima or animus is probably the best guide for that journey. If one can't find that within themselves, a therapist one can project their anima/animus onto will probably suffice.

There is no way of knowing with any certainty why I made it through and back again and people like Mike Wood did not, but I think it's because a.) my process was not artificially halted; b.) I had a guide, and c.) I had no medication.

Schizophrenia and psychosis affects approximately 1 in 100 people. According to the World Health Organization, if they go through that experience in a developing nation, odds are good that they will become chronic and never recover. John Weir Perry on the other hand, had an 85% recovery rate.

I can get rather passionate about the subject and if I'm being a pain in the ass, I apologize. It's just that I've been talking to schizophrenics for a couple of years now and I'm well aware of the fact that they're going through or have gone through a very human experience. Too often, they're not getting the help they need.

Music of the Hour: Gallagher's Song

--------------------
~ Kindness is cheap.  It's unkindness that always demands the highest price.

Blogs: Spiritual Emergency | Spiritual Recovery | Voices of Recovery | A Jungian Approach to Psychosis

Edited by spiritualemerg (04/17/07 09:57 PM)

Offlinesoldatheero
lastirishman
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: spiritualemerg] * 1
    #6798031 - 04/17/07 12:44 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I remain of the opinion that schizophrenia/psychosis is the result of ego collapse. In the history of every schizophrenic I've spoken with there has always been a triggering factor that preceded the crisis. The individual then finds him or her self thrust into an experience of ego death with no preparation. When the ego goes down, the numinous comes up. It was always there, it was simply masked by the "little self". As a result, when you're dealing with someone in the midst of a schizophrenic break you're going to be seeing two things: one is the numinous -- which accounts for "schizophrenics" reputation as mystics, and the second is the shattered psyche, in particular the unconscious elements: the shadow and the anima/animus.

Spiritualemergency,amazing post thanks for saving me an explaination. Personally im suprised so many people are responding so negatively. I hope none of you are under the dillusion that you have experiance ego death from tripping, because you havn't. He said "he doesn't know what he is" which is the cause of all his other problems. Unlike you, the illusion of the self is not in tact for the schizophrenic mind. They are forced to realize emptiness almost instantenously. They become nothing and everything instantly, they are forced to conceive the concept of being limitless possibilities without any guidance and ego dillusional society thinking their insane. He said something like "im nothing and then no, im something all of a sudden" which sounds like his ego is starting to kick back in but really its his rational mind that decides he may be nothing. Something or nothing? quite the delimma of opposites.

very interesting video, although it did scare me how much i can relate even tho yet no one would ever have a clue. A society of Ignorant half-conscious fools like the guy filming make it almost impossible for mike and others alike to go on in a state of equilibrium.. he needs real buddist/gnostic wisdom to come to terms with his expanded consciousness and develop a new ego.

--------------------
..and may the zelda theme song be with you at all times, amen.

Offlinesoldatheero
lastirishman
 User Gallery

Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: soldatheero] * 1
    #6798044 - 04/17/07 12:50 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I can get rather passionate about the subject and if I'm being a pain in the ass, I apologize. It's just that I've been talking to schizophrenics for a couple of years now and I'm well aware of the fact that they're going through or have gone through a very human experience. Too often, they're not getting the help they need.

Btw i hope your just being polite. Schizophrenia is a mystery to most and if you have made it through the experiance then your knowledge is of extreme value my friend.

.. "stepping through my shadow, coming out the other side" - tool.

--------------------

Invisiblespiritualemerg
Stranger

#6798616 - 04/17/07 07:02 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

soldatheero: Btw i hope your just being polite.

I'm being aware. After all, I'm talking about a human condition that affects roughly 1 in a 100 so it's not going to rate in terms of "most popular subject". This also isn't a forum devoted to "mental health issues" although it's equally apparent that some participants are triggering psychosis via their spiritual practices, whether that's meditation or "tripping".

For that reason, it doesn't hurt to leave some good information behind -- not speculative discussion, but solid info. Will everybody click on the links? No. But 1 in a 100 might.

See also:
  • Spiritual Emergency
  • Spiritual Recovery

• --------------------

Blogs: Spiritual Emergency | Spiritual Recovery | Voices of Recovery | A Jungian Approach to Psychosis

Offlinesoldatheero
    lastirishman
     User Gallery

#6799850 - 04/17/07 01:58 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

This also isn't a forum devoted to "mental health issues"

The board isnt in general but this specific thread is.

--------------------

Offlinevigilant_mind
    unfazed
    Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
        #6800195 - 04/17/07 03:12 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

It looks like he's tripping really hard. Hah, I probably sound crazy as hell when I trip.

Offlinemikebart101
    Bromden
    Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
    Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: vigilant_mind] * 1
        #6800231 - 04/17/07 03:20 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

That guy has been tripping out for 40 years. Schizophrenia must be awfully hard on the mind.

--------------------
    So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offlinesoldatheero
    lastirishman
     User Gallery

Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: mikebart101] * 1
        #6800773 - 04/17/07 05:25 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

It looks like he's tripping really hard.

yea seems to me like he rationally knows hes tripping and hes just trying to explain his experiance but its so overwhelming because hes realized things our minds dont want us to think about..unno i just mean he knows what normal is and hes not actually diullsion, hes just realized too fucking much.. lol i love this watching this guy! seen it like 4 times now

--------------------

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
    Lighthousekeeper
     User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    Loc: Radioactive state
        #6801150 - 04/17/07 07:08 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

heh I like this thread...ive been in this guys shoes before.

--------------------

Invisiblespiritualemerg
    Stranger

Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: Liquid_Dimension] * 1
        #6801623 - 04/17/07 09:02 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

viligant_mind: It looks like he's tripping really hard. Hah, I probably sound crazy as hell when I trip.

Try to bear in mind, a trip lasts a few hours and for the most part, you have the luxury of getting off (or even, on) the ride. Mike isn't taking a ride that lasts a few hours -- he's living a life.

See also:
  • What They Left Behind: Suitcases from a State Hospital Attic
  • Marek: A Story About Schizophrenia
  • Schizophrenia: The Soul in Crisis
  • Embracing the Fragmented Self: Shamanic Explorations of the Sacred in Schizophrenia & Soul Loss
  • R.D. Laing: The Experience of Schizophrenia

Music of the Hour: Away From the Sun

• --------------------

Edited by spiritualemerg (04/17/07 10:04 PM)

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
    Lighthousekeeper
     User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    Loc: Radioactive state
        #6802157 - 04/17/07 11:03 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the links spiritual :thumbup:

This one is interesting.

http://www.jungcircle.com/roberts2.html

--------------------

Edited by Liquid_Dimension (04/17/07 11:10 PM)

Offlinetools_n_corpses
    why did i choosethis name
    Male
    Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: Liquid_Dimension] * 1
        #6803094 - 04/18/07 06:44 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I agree this guy isn't crazy. As some others in this thread, I feel I understand, as best I can from my experiences, very precisely where he's coming from. When watching the video, I thought if I had to call someone crazy it would be the guy behind the camera. I'd find his denial frustrating, if it weren't so typical.

Mike's clarity of mind is extremely impressive. He articulates very well and is totally in phase with what's happening around him. That alone should be strong evidence that he has brushed against a higher, and not a lower, state of comprehension.

--------------------
    "Misery only doth exist, none miserable,

No doer is there; naught save the deed is found.

Nirvana is, but not the man who seeks it.

The Path exists, but not the traveler on it.
    "

OfflineSyle
    Kenai Sigh
     User Gallery

Loc: WA
    Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: tools_n_corpses] * 1
        #6804365 - 04/18/07 01:03 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i too find myself relating to mike. he is just experiencing something that cannot be explained with the language we have today.

also, schizophrenia is just a term we have dubbed. "what" exactly is schizophrenia when you really get down to it?

i am hoping to learn something myself this weekend in the wheatfields on 1.5gs. i need to "explore" some things :smile: if you know what i mean

peace!

--------------------
    https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Invisibleit stars saddam
    Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    Re: intresting interview with a schizophrenic [Re: tools_n_corpses] * 1
        #6804380 - 04/18/07 01:06 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tools_n_corpses said:
    Mike's clarity of mind is extremely impressive. He articulates very well and is totally in phase with what's happening around him.

You've gotta be joking. Am I the only one that heard this guy claim to telepathically control the people on the radio?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order