Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #614776 - 04/21/02 04:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

*looks at his thread* Grow my pretty......
CACA will have my child?

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: CACA]
    #614822 - 04/21/02 05:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Frankly, son, I know a good deal more about the Bible and the religions of mankind than you do. Yes, Christianity IS a world religion among others. Moreover, I do not go about calling strangers liars, which is an arrogant, judgemental act on your part. I perceive nothing more obvious in you than your religious bigotry and misdirected attempt to sell a literal, materialistic heresy
that you refer to as Christianity. On the medium of electronic communications, all one can be known by is the words which one communicates, and the meanings thereof. You are filled with venom, an angry attempt to convince yourself of the one-dimensional programming you have unfortunately been indoctrinated with. You practice Bibliolatry - simple idolatry of the Spirit in letter.

Additionally, you do not read what I have endeavored twice to communicate with regard to evil and the Devil. You do not know the differences between the literal, the allegorical, the mythological, the symbolic, and the mystical. The Bible is 'woven' with all of these 'threads.' The Jehova's Witnesses likewise (unless you are one yourself) believe materialistically, that Heaven was 'closed' in the year 1938, because the 144,000 heavenly homes were filled to capacity! So, a new cleansed Earth is in store for believers, forever, (or at least until the sun dies). As if Heaven is a 'place' instead of a transcendental reality without spacio-temporal extension. Perhaps you yourself have a 1st century understanding of cosmology, and believe that God lives above the sky and sits on a veritable throne as The King of the Universe (instead of being omniscient and therefore everywhere, including within one's own being). This is what is frightening about the fanatic - his/her reality testing abilities. Religious fanaticism is a rampant form of mental illness, not evidence of any type of righteousness. A holy man in any faith other than the Christian fanatic is undoubtedly closer to God. To judge all faiths other than Christian faith as a lie, is a lie itself. You will be known by the fruits of the Spirit, which you do not demonstrate at all on this forum.
Bigotry, intolerance, prejudice, self-righteousness, hatred, an accusing spirit (sounding familiar yet? No? Ask around, others will mirror your toxicity for you).

Do you think these traits are going to convince anyone that YOU are filled with the 'Spirit' of love, peace, compassion, respect for fellow human beings? I am damned by YOU, because you cherish the delusion that you are one of God's chosen, a prophet perhaps? Who here has delusions of grandeur, paranoia, a messianic complex? You best learn some essential humility upon which to develop some manners and social skills. You may THINK that you are 'of the Way,' but there is no harmony about you. Instead of venting here, try praying for the Grace to open your own Heart. That Way, you can learn to love people AS THEY ARE, like the Biblical Jesus did. Judgement doesn't save people, love does. Where have YOU been?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: gnrm23]
    #614841 - 04/21/02 05:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

'Aehhhhh...what a maroon!' -B. Bunny

I was wondering about you and yours of late. Last week a virtual friend, originally encountered on the forum, paid us a visit. Very nice fellow - fun visit. This was the first time an electronically encountered human actually manifested physically at the door. My Lady's fear of serial killer-posing-as-good-guy evaporated. Perhaps when the kids leave for college, you'll travel south some winter...
After last summers sojourne to Lagos, Nigeria, I'm not going anywhere this summer!

Good suggestion about the agnosticism - gotta keep an open mind. Maybe hearken her back to the idea of the Big Bang, "Fiat Lux!," you know, space-time, extention itself coming from a singularity. That should short circuit some neural pathways for a 'natural mind-blowing' experience." Who, What, Where did the singularity come from, Daddy?" " Well Honey, the Infinite and Eternal God contracted His/Her Infinite Nature just the size of an electron, and the whole Idea of Creation spewed forth in 10 to the -43rd of a second" (or something like that) : ) Peace and love.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: WeirdShroomer]
    #614852 - 04/21/02 05:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the note and the smile! Peace.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #614933 - 04/21/02 08:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Very well said Markos!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#615066 - 04/21/02 11:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm glad someone is not only able to tell him how stupid he is but also why.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineJPAtanat
    #615109 - 04/22/02 12:44 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you Markos

Peace

OfflineJustFootsteps
Loc: a hill
    #615279 - 04/22/02 07:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

god and the devil have a shared office in the REAL PURPOSE building. they work in the SURPRISE RECOGNIITION office. the devil makes it impossible and god makes it really simple. they pretty much set the ball in motion with the whole language/mushrooms thing, and now they play with bubbles and do cartwheels all day. they have huge eyes.

--------------------
in peace,
just footsteps
http://www.whyvegan.org

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #615342 - 04/22/02 09:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You are the Man ! well spoken

--------------------

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: LOBO]
    #615364 - 04/22/02 10:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

CACA makes me miss Zahid

Anonymous

Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: raytrace]
    #615440 - 04/22/02 11:42 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Zahid was full of CACA as well.

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: ]
    #615473 - 04/22/02 12:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

God talks to everyone. You can't hear Him clearly if you're not close to Him. I can say what God says if I am simply quoting the Bible or paraphrasing it. It is what God says. You people here bring charges against His Holy word and the charges end up being nothing at all. You feel the need to bring the truth down, because it hurts you too bad. Actually, aside from that, "I" must have been a typo for "I'll". Anyways, you see arrogance in others only because you yourself are. You have to get outside the Earth to see the other planets without your atmosphere interfering.
The devil knows the Bible back and forth- and tries to use it falsely. You would mislead people in padding their falls. God says that we do not serve man, but Him. How would I serve God if I lied to people? The truth hurts. Ever heard of that? Society is depraved, so the truth will hurt more and more as the years pass, eventually leading up to the blaspheming of God's name as He is setting His perfect justice. Satan wants to twist the infallible word of God, which you are doing pretty well. I am not arrogant or any other thing you want to accuse me of, but truthful in reflecting the Bible. I don't think that I am anything special, other than a servant of the Most High God. I have been on these forums before and I know the delusions of grandeur alot suffer under. I don't believe anyone is in Heaven right now, because the Bible says that no one goes to the Father except through Jesus -and Jesus has not called "those who have fallen asleep in Christ" and "his church" from earth just yet. The dead who were righteous are in paradise, not heaven. The 144,000 saved will be Jewish people who are saved [accept that Jesus Christ is Immanuel and is their Lord and Savior] during the Tribulation and are sealed with God's name on their foreheads. After Armageddon, any believer who is left alive, including those 144,000 Jewish people, will then go on to live in the Millenial Kingdom, where Jesus will live on Earth with His people for 1000 years inwhich the Adamic curse, except for death, is "rolled back"- not including death, because after 1000 years, Satan is unleashed for the final time to let those who were born during the Millenial Kingdom choose. Praise God. He says in the Bible that the Heavens and the earth will pass-so, yes, its true that there will be a new earth.
You're saying that having one's mind grow in poison water is the same as having one's mind grow in God's good grace are the same thing?
Jesus loved everyone, that is true. It is also true that He did not let someone be wrong without letting them know that they are wrong. If I sit back and don't call someone on their being wrong, how does that help them?? If I love a person, I try to help them, according to the Bible, ofcourse. To be like Jesus, our Savior, is the daily goal of any Christian, for sure, and Jesus told people when they were wrong instead of letting them wallow in their errancy. It is you who doesn't choose to see it as a hand lent to help, instead of a mouth to accuse or a bayonet to attack.
God is truth.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Anonymous

#615503 - 04/22/02 01:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

God talks to everyone.

Are you sure about that, my self righteous delusional friend? You should really think about going back on your meds, or men with big butterfly nets might catch you.

I say that the bible is not god's word. I say that you've filled your empty little mind with a pre-packaged belief system because you haven't got the intellectual fortitude to face the unknown without your scriptual safety blanket. Don't try to justify your intellectual thumb sucking by paraphrasing your favorite nursery rhymes, it doesn't work with people who aren't afraid to think for themselves.

Can you offer me any explanations for you beliefs without quoting or paraphrasing the bible? Can you think of a reason to believe other than reward and punishment which your stone age beliefs use as a carrot and a stick? Can you explain why, "no one goes to the Father except through Jesus" when there are billions of very good and kind people who have never even heard of the guy?

Edited by evolving (04/22/02 02:57 PM)

OfflineJPAtanat
    #615540 - 04/22/02 02:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

evolving is right on.
the bible is words of humans you fool! We took such a thing as God and tried to put him in a book using concepts like "forgiving" and "good"! Ridiculous! The Word of God is nothing other than existence itself. We ourselves are all expressions of One Existence. You might say that Lucifer is a part of God. But i would say lucifer is one side of a coin, some angel the other side, and God is the coin itself, encompassing all things.
"But every man is more than just himself; he also represents the unique, the very special and always significat and remarkable point at which the world's phenomena intersect, only once in this way and never again." -Herman Hesse
You understand my (and Hesse's) point CACA? God is what lies beneath everything. He is the Fundamental Ground of Existence. He is NOT a bearded dude in the clouds judging us - condemning some and accepting others. God accepts all things, rather he IS all things - he cannot reject any part of Himself. This may make it seem like I abdicate responsibility for my actions, but that is not the case. It is my intention to rid myself of petty notions of salvation, forgiveness, right and wrong, etcetera, until I see clearly what is lying underneath. Only then will I know the true meaning of those words, and that will be my communion with God. Any relationship with God is personal and has nothing to do with preachers, bibles, churches or even religion. When you become a part of a group (like Christianity), it is a recipe for righteousness and the perpetuation of delusion, and this leads to aggression in all of it's manifestations. That is why I am not, and never will be a Christian.

Peace.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #615550 - 04/22/02 02:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

...you haven't got the intellectual fortitude to face the unknown without your scriptual safety blanket. Don't try to justify your intellectual thumb sucking by paraphrasing your favorite nursery rhymes...

Don't sugar coat it. Tell him what you REALLY think!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
    #615565 - 04/22/02 02:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The devil wants you to believe that you can escape God by turning to another religion and believing the lie that there is something outside of the one true God.

Why would the devil want you to believe that there is some other god other then the One, it doesn't do anything to help him. No matter how many people are in hell, all these people don't "worship" the devil. They worship a higher being that gives them guidance in life, what they aren't doing is saying "I'm on the devil's side" because of the lies that churches have spread along with truth. When you see through these lies, the faith is lost. When you ignore these lies, the faith is still there, but its based on lies.

The goal of the devil from what I have seen it as is to build up an army to clash with God and the heavens... But most of the people in hell don't like the devil, which leads me to this: God gave us free will, including the free will to choose to NOT fight with the devil. Just because someone is in hell, doesn't mean they are on the devil's side. This is just like when Lucifer was in heaven, he wasn't on God's side, so he was sent to hell. If you go to hell and aren't on Satan's side, then where do you go? Obviously he wouldn't want you there since you don't like him.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#615861 - 04/23/02 12:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

In defense of the Truth found in the Bible (and not in defense of our poster), the Way to God [the Father] is through the Son or LOGOS, not Jesus. There is often confusion because while Christians recognize that the LOGOS ( that aspect of the Godhead which manifests in space-time to humans) is manifested perfectly in the person of Jesus [the Christ], many Christians do not recognize that the LOGOS has and does manifest in other ways as well. The Light in "Let There Be Light!," is the LOGOS which is eternally 'Begotten' by the Father (the utterly Transcendental Reality Whose Name is too Holy to utter, even if it could be pronounced.

The LOGOS is God's 'Eternal Light' symbolized in Catholic Churches, Jewish temples, and the prayer rugs of Muslims. The Chinese character 'T' (Tao or Dao) refers to "The Way," and "The Way is The Way is The Way," to quote BE HERE NOW. " It's the same Way." "Many are called , but few are chosen," particularly in contemporary China where Taoism is as persecuted as Christianity. No, there are no parabolic stories or personality cults (particularly the cult of Jesus) in Taoism, but there are miracle stories, and eye-witness accounts by people such as Richard Wilhelm who translated the I Ching, of Holy men of the Taoist tradition (like the account of the rain maker which can be found in 'The Secret of the Golden Flower').

I can hear the horror of the fundamentalist Christian who cannot conceive of Christ, the LOGOS, operating without the image of a bearded 1st century Jew, and all the Biblical narratives to go along with it. As if God belongs only to the Semites, and not even to Jews and Muslims any more, but ONLY to Christians who believe MY brand of theology (whatever that is since there are dozens and dozens of Christian theologies). The TRUTH cannot be contained in one theology - not even in one faith. All religions are not created equal however. All are not equally sublime, not classed as World Religions.

From a Muslim's perspective, Jesus has the status of a Prophet, and they do deny the crucifixion, death and resurrection story, but they affirm God's Eternal Word (only they believe it was mediated through the angel Gabriel to Mohammed). I for one don't share that view, but then, I don't necessarily believe that Jesus was 'resusitated' in his physical body. Not that it couldn't happen, but that it would be a trivial interpretation of the Mystery of Resurrection. Like other crucified victims, Jesus may well have been thrown in a common grave. He may well have been illigitimate and the Joseph figure at the beginning of His life inserted along with a Joseph figure (of Arimathea) at the end of His life to lend legitimacy and honor to an otherwise 'shameful' Messiah. No more shameful however, than being nailed naked - that's right - naked (no modest flowing white garment to cover His humiliation) to a tree (shameful by Jewish and later Muslim standards of a Prophet).

I'm not saying this is the scenario, but even if it was, it does not diminish Christ or my faith in Christ. Yes, the TRUTH hurts. Crucifixion/asphyxiation/rigors/incontinence/despair/humiliation.
Sorry for the ramble. Truly. Shalom. Salaam.

--------------------

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #617679 - 04/24/02 08:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I am sorry for you people who react the way that you do and opt to add to your lies so that you can continue living in depravity, the very thing which turns you away from God. Yet another prophecy is being fulfilled in the swelling of one of the walls of the defiling Dome of the Rock. In an attempt to hide the fact and truth that Jerusalem truly belongs to Israel, Palestinians excavated tons and tons of evidence of temples that once stood directly beneath where they now have their mosque. Because they built themselves on hatred, oppression, fear and force, their walls will crumble suddenly. Praise be to the Lamb, who loves every one of you, and wishes to make you whole. Unlike the devil, Jesus won't come in until He is invited. Open your hearts to His love. You won't regret it. I will move on for good. Say what lies you have to say about the Bible, but don't be surprised when you get your wages of sin and foolishness. All I have to say is may God show you the way. It frightens me to think of this website's boards full of messages that day, "OM!G MY BABY BROTHER DISAPPEARED!" and things of that sort. You react indignantly, as if what I were trying to do-help you-were bad. You always have a choice to go to God. One last thing- don't get chipped. I will pray for you all tonight.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#617689 - 04/24/02 08:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What if the greatest deception of the Devil is the Bible?

In this case "god" would really be the devil trying to put humanity under his oppressive control and "the devil" would be god who is trying to bring the light of freedom and knowledge. hmmm, its the perfect plan!!!

--------------------
:egyptian:

Anonymous

#617694 - 04/24/02 08:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

...Jesus won't come in until He is invited.
I invited him repeatedly over the years, never showed. But then I went to The Magic Castle in Hollywood. Man, you would not believe the stuff I saw there! Praise Jesus, it made me believe in miracles.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order