Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Unable to Trip Anymore
    #617405 - 04/24/02 01:37 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have never had a bad trip on mushrooms (though I ODed 20 years ago on tainted hashish which nearly killed me! - so that fearful memory is always with me), yet a recent minor excursion (2.5g) into the fungal fugue, revealed to me that my tripping days are completely over.

I didn't go deep at all, not even a visual or auditory distortion, but every cell in my body screamed for the journey to stop. It was not panic or freaking out, but more like my being was saying loud and clear that this is not my way. Whether my psyche has changed or my "spirit" is telling me to return to the yogic path, I do not know.

I am not saddened or disappointed. Perhaps it is middle-age or just the dropping away of something no longer useful to me. I just know that this particular door has been closed gently, but firmly.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAbstractSoul

Re: Unable to Trip Anymore [Re: Swami]
    #617416 - 04/24/02 01:49 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

but is the door locked? if so, maybe one day you will find the key...

will you continue to grow?

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
house is a spiritual thing
---------------------------------------------

Anonymous

#617418 - 04/24/02 02:00 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe the mushrooms saw your inability to think outside the lines of logic and absolute refusal to, and so they rejected themselves inside your body
Mushrooms are a very spiritual thing.

Anonymous

#617420 - 04/24/02 02:03 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

You haven't turned 'born again' have you?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Unable to Trip Anymore [Re: ]
    #617422 - 04/24/02 02:04 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Could be the Insectoids didn't want me to come over and fuck with them in their playground :smile: 

--------------------

Anonymous

#617425 - 04/24/02 02:05 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Sacred even. If one rejects all notions of a spiritual world outside the rules of logic and science, where the mushroom consciousness exists.. it is no wonder your body reacted the way it did. The mushrooms tried to impart their wisdom and you would have nothing to do with it because it wasn't logical enough.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#617427 - 04/24/02 02:07 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I used to be all fucked on drugs; now I am all fucked up on the Lord!

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#617430 - 04/24/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I only posted this so that you could have a field day with me and work out all your frustrations. Get it all off your chest and you will feel much better. I can handle being the "whipping boy of the hour".

--------------------

Anonymous

#617444 - 04/24/02 02:30 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

This has nothing to do with my frustrations or your wanting to be a whipping boy so badly. This is about your inability to accept any other view than one that agrees with your own very rigid stance. The mushroom requires a great deal of flexibility in the avenue of consciousness, and of course your body will reject it when it is trying so hardly to defend its version of reality after taking a mushroom whose sole purpose is to expand that view of reality. There are some things that you need to let go, just let it go.

Anonymous

#617447 - 04/24/02 02:34 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome to true enlightenment, brother Swami. You have passed the threshold.

The next step will be mastering the meditation principles of T'plana-Hath. Please remember her wise counsel which will serve our species on our next evolutionary step away from the current abyss of internecine conflicts based on blind acceptance and blind obedience, "Logic is the cement of our civilization with which we ascend from chaos using reason as our guide."

Anonymous

#617451 - 04/24/02 02:40 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I am only trying to give you some good advice, as you so often do with others around here. Unless you were lying about this experience just to get a rise out of me or someone else (which I highly doubt), then I feel you are looking for an answer as to why something like this would have occured. I have seen very similar things happen to several people, and they all shared a common trait. The steadfast and stubborn holding onto of their precious logic. Obviously your body rejected the mushrooms. This either means the mushroom did not want to have anything to do with such an unwavering thought process, or you rejected the mushroom's attempt to help you see that all things are not logic and science. I am leaning more towards the latter. There is nothing logical or rational about a mushroom trip. It thrives on creative abstract thinking, and the realm of the spiritual. Hallucinations that the mushrooms bring are certainly not explained by science. There is a lesson in all of this.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#617461 - 04/24/02 02:49 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Swami, check out my post in "mush and the spirit".  Dont worry, i have spent my fair share of time in the fetal position. lol :wink: 

--------------------
:egyptian:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Unable to Trip Anymore [Re: Catalysis]
    #617468 - 04/24/02 03:00 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I just did. The feeling you descibed is exactly the same!

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#617474 - 04/24/02 03:06 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have seen very similar things happen to several people, and they all shared a common trait. The steadfast and stubborn holding onto of their precious logic.
Could be, except that I have been logical most of my life. Probably more of the fact that I have been avoiding dealing with major issues in my life and this was another escape attempt.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#617476 - 04/24/02 03:09 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

This has nothing to do with my frustrations ...
Didn't you know that I only tease the people that I love?

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #617480 - 04/24/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I can't eat mushrooms anymore either

i just can't see the point anymore

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Unable to Trip Anymore [Re: Help on the Way]
    #617506 - 04/24/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Care to elaborate? What did you get from them in the past that you no longer find useful / enjoyable?

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #617521 - 04/24/02 03:53 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

hmm...fascinating captain...could be you've got a bit more steadfast in your views as you've aged tho...perhaps at 2.5 grams your ego was still able to function and tried to fight off the shrooms.

Did you go into it with any purpose in mind? Or was it simply to get high?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#617537 - 04/24/02 04:09 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have found intelligent and logical thinking to be crucial in my personal experimentation, although it must be applied in a rather unconventional manner.

I have had some success by trying to seperate and analyze each aspect of my thoughts and how they interact. This is sometimes done by associating different aspects of thinkning with external objects or patterns and then trying to objectively meditate upon them. The idea being that after you have put your thought process into perspective, you now have a greater overall control of the mind and this way it becomes easier to use thoughts according to your will (which can sometimes be difficult on mush). but then again there are many other methods.

And i cant stress enough the importance of purposeful movement while tripping.

--------------------
:egyptian:

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #617544 - 04/24/02 04:15 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Swami, can you give a logical proof that you had a bad experience? You say this but is there any scientific evidence that it was so? If you cannot provide a logical proof, we cannot believe your report.

You say "every cell screamed". Scientifically cells have no vocal chords and therefore cannot scream. You must have been mistaken.

You mention your psyche or your spirit - please provide logical evidence for these things.

You say a door has been closed? Once again, we need more logical proof of this. In what way has a "door" been closed?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Edited by Alex123 (04/24/02 04:19 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom