Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Salvia: A legal hallucinogen
    #6106141 - 09/27/06 09:07 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.star.niu.edu/articles/?id=30168

Salvia: A legal hallucinogen
Published on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Article by: Liz Stoever
Reporter
lstoever@northernstar.info

NICK JEFFREY ILLUSTRATION | THE NORTHERN STAR
"For now, salvia's legality is up to its users. If salvia users start to abuse salvia or use it while driving, the government will most likely question it."

If you haven't yet heard, a new hallucinogenic drug called salvia divinorum has found its way onto the NIU campus. Whether this is a good thing or not, it's completely legal in Illinois for anyone 18 or older.

According to the University of Maryland's substance abuse research site, salvia is a hallucinogenic plant that is native to Mexico. In August 2002, researchers discovered that this drug had hallucinogenic qualities, and that by oral ingestion it would have psychoactive effects. According to this Website, some of these effects include feelings of floatation, spinning and hallucinations.

Students who are aware of salvia have probably heard people have reacted to it. Friends of mine who have experimented with this drug have shared stories, such as being a gnome or walking into a floating box.

"One kid [I know] thought he was a vampire and was stuck like that," said freshman mechanical engineering major Chris Skowronski. "It was a really bad experience for him."

It's outrageous stories like these that have fueled my curiosity to try this drug, as I'm sure it fuels yours, too.

For the sake of informing students and despite the warnings some have given me, I decided to try salvia. I merely assumed this drug was safe simply because it is legal. Unfortunately, there is very little health information known about salvia. Researchers don't even know how prolonged use can affect the brain and body, according to the University of Maryland's substance abuse research site. Regardless, it was something I had to experience for myself.

I found Salvia at Smokers World, 818 W. Lincoln Highway. Salvia has no label. It came in just a plastic bag and looked like dried leaves.

I smoked crushed Salvia leaves with drops of concentrated Salvia extract on them (there are differing potencies of this extract available, which enhance the altered state to different levels) in a glass pipe. After the third puff, I completely forgot everything about me. I was in a different world but the room looked exactly the same; I felt as if I was moving and the room was moving with me. Minutes passed and I was back to reality. Perspiration covered my face and arms. The experience was not quite like the stories I have heard, but Salvia definitely made me feel like I've never felt before. The feeling was indescribable.

Based on the limited amount of people who are aware of this drug, Salvia still doesn't compare to the popularity of drinking alcohol or smoking marijuana on campus, despite its mind-blowing effects. Salvia's effects are too intense and short to be used as a party drug. Some people are afraid to even use the drug at all because the drug tends to affect people differently, and there has not been a lot of research on the subject.

Freshman accounting major Lawson Dees said that he would never try salvia.

"I don't know how it will affect my body," said Dees. "I don't want to be addicted to anything. The idea of hallucinating and not being under control is not high on my list. I think any substance that causes you to potentially lose control in a situation should not be legal."

Actually, Salvia is not legal everywhere and has not been proven to be 100 percent safe. Salvia is illegal in four different states and five different countries. Over time, this may change since the list of countries that prohibit salvia is constantly growing.

Like any other substance, such as alcohol and cigarettes, using salvia will probably have some undesired effects with prolonged use. But this has not yet proved or disproved.

Salvia may not even stay legal in Illinois for long. It is always best to stay away from new drugs even when it comes to medication because there are many discoveries that may arise in the future.

For now, salvia's legality is up to its users. If Salvia users start to abuse Salvia or use it while driving, the government will most likely question it. If you decide to try this drug, use it responsibly. Salvia's effects, though short, cannot be underestimated.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

Loc: TX
Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: motaman]
    #6106226 - 09/27/06 09:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

motaman said:

"I don't know how it will affect my body," said Dees. "I don't want to be addicted to anything. The idea of hallucinating and not being under control is not high on my list. I think any substance that causes you to potentially lose control in a situation should not be legal."

Typical indoctrinated thinking. "I dont understand that! So it's BAD!!"

OfflineComfortablyStond
Mr. Lizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Psychedelphia, USA
Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #6106253 - 09/27/06 10:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MoeRon said:
Quote:

motaman said:

Agreed. Notice he also requires being "under control" instead of being "in control." Sadly, I think this is the general attitude of most Americans, the desire to be "under control." I've never had the opportunity to try salvia, but as an Illinois native, I'll do my part to keep this plant legal here.

Peace.

--------------------
"It's not a war on drugs. It's a war on personal freedom. Keep that in mind at all times..." Bill Hicks

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #6106255 - 09/27/06 10:10 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MoeRon said:
Quote:

motaman said:

Yeah, very ignorant comment.

Interesting that this student said these statements in the same breath:
Alcohol should be illegal
Vehicles should be illegal
Hypnotism should be illegal
Sleep should be illegal

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6108010 - 09/27/06 06:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Not to mention Salvia isn't addictive.

Offlinelipan
Magi
 User Gallery
Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: Sheepish]
    #6108088 - 09/27/06 06:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sheepish said:
Not to mention Salvia isn't addictive.

I'd go as far as saying its almost the exact opposite of addictive. I don't think its a drug someone could do daily, or even weekly.

I really liked this article, the guy brings up some big points without being too biased.

--------------------
Feel free to forget all that I am saying, for the instant these clumsy words spill out of my mouth, they transform into complete lies.

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: lipan]
    #6108104 - 09/27/06 07:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know many people who have smoked salvia but the ones i do have said that once was enough. I've tried it too and "the exact opposite of addictive" sums it up perfectly.

OfflineOmnicow
Magical Cow

Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: psychomime]
    #6108153 - 09/27/06 07:19 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

For me, I hardly remember my two trips with Salvia, and in spite and partly because of this, I'm totally intrigued to try it again. However it will be a while before I do. This isn't a weekly or even a monthly drug. However it's very interesting and veeeery strange. The best way to describe it is that it basically puts you in a dream state, because you see totally bizarre things that are out of your control, yet at the same time they seem quite normal and you dont question them, and, at least for me, remembering my experiences with Salvia is like trying to remember a vague dream, you only can grasp bits and pieces and never the entire story.

Edited by Omnicow (09/27/06 07:22 PM)

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: Omnicow]
    #6108325 - 09/27/06 07:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

How can people be so stupid?

I like how it is being made illegal, yet not a single death has been attributed to it's use. 48,000 people overdose on alcohol a year. Idiots.

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6108392 - 09/27/06 08:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

that comment was so dumb,fuckin fool...stick to you brainless consumption of alcohol.

--------------------

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen *DELETED* [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #6108760 - 09/27/06 09:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by uber_aj

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleStroFun
Repeater

Loc: Mycotopia.net
Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: uber_aj]
    #6110546 - 09/28/06 10:50 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

As soon as i get my plant ready to clone i will be cloning it regularly but i only plan to have 3 or 4 plants so anyone looking for free clones should hit me up in a year.

Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: StroFun]
    #6110556 - 09/28/06 10:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Agreed, its a pretty good article and fairly well balanced. However, I have to disagree that the safety of the plant is unknown. 4000+ years of usage says that the drug is pretty derned safe to me.

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

Invisibletealeaf
Just Touch It
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: motaman]
    #6111938 - 09/28/06 05:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

shit, i smoke salvia once by myself, not expecting anything to profound to happen since previously when i smoked it i only got a body buzz. got floored off my ass and i hallucinated that my windows turned gold and opened up and were yelling at my to go out them. i still have a full pouch of it and havent touched it for months. personally i would rather be hallucinating on something i can control rather than be blasted out of my mind. my friends love it but its not for me. very interesting drug though based on its history. its also tatooed on the aztec god tenochlin or something like that along with booms, herbs and morning glory, the organics baby!

--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Salvia: A legal hallucinogen [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #6171857 - 10/15/06 03:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LiQuiD_DiMenSioN said:
that comment was so dumb,fuckin fool...stick to you brainless consumption of alcohol.

umm, im pretty sure he was using sarcasm. suggesting the opposite of what you THOUGHt he said.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds, Salvia

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service