Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekenable187
Stranger
Is it possible to add spores to non germinating jars???
    #6168409 - 10/14/06 09:49 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

hi i have a couple of jars that im using the pf tek on and they are not turning white at all. im pretty sure its because i only put a very small amount of spores. would i be able to just add more spores? would that hinder or mess up the growth of my mushrooms?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemrsage
new hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Closer
Re: Is it possible to add spores to non germinating jars??? [Re: kenable187]
    #6168421 - 10/14/06 09:52 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

If I'm not mistaken, and old hands correct me if I'm wrong, but that'd be a bad idea. Especially if it's not the same strain, as the networks wont converge, instead they'll compete.

If you've got NO growth there's a couple of things you can look at.

Did you let the jars cool completely, like overnight? The residual heat can kill the spores.

Did your solution permeate the verm barrier? If it was absorbed and didn't make it to the substrate you have problems.

How long ago did you inoculate your jars? And how small of an amount are we talking about?

I would suggest working up a liquid culture. You'll see lighting fast responses and you dont have to worry about overkilling it during inoculation. I use 140cc for bulks, and a full 10cc for jars. Works magic.

Good luck!

--------------------

Yea maybe sometimes I do feel like shit
I aint happy about it, but I'd rather feel like shit
...than be full of shit! - Suicidal Tendencies

Invisibleesdfsfd
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is it possible to add spores to non germinating jars??? [Re: mrsage]
    #6168432 - 10/14/06 09:57 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

do it...as long as adding solution wont make your substrate too wet.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Is it possible to add spores to non germinating jars??? [Re: esdfsfd]
    #6168455 - 10/14/06 10:04 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

esdfsfd said:
do it...as long as adding solution wont make your substrate too wet.

or not.... clean em out and make new jars its not that hard or expensive. You're asking for failure knocking up an already inoculated jar, save yourself some time and frustration.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Offlinemrsage
new hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6168462 - 10/14/06 10:06 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Picture using regular spore syringe 7 days after innculation. I only used 1cc of solution per jar, so, check what else you've got going on, factors that may have slowed the process.

These are Mazas, by the way. Sorry for the shitty pic, it's off my phone. Digicam on the fritz.

--------------------

Yea maybe sometimes I do feel like shit
I aint happy about it, but I'd rather feel like shit
...than be full of shit! - Suicidal Tendencies

Invisibleesdfsfd
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6168464 - 10/14/06 10:07 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i disagree. ive innocculated a few jars twice and had no problems at all. on one set of jars i innoc.ed with mycelium of strain A then when i didn't see growth i innoc.ed with spore solution of strain B and it worked out very nicely.

Offlinemrsage
new hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6168474 - 10/14/06 10:12 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This might work assuming that none of the spore solution made it in there and is about to start germinating. If you get two strains competing for nutrients in the jar you'll have less than perfect success.

Like I said ^^^ how long ago did you inoculate?

I would hold off on adding more spores until you have a solid basis as to why you haven't seen growth yet.

Edited by mrsage (10/14/06 10:40 AM)

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
    #6168514 - 10/14/06 10:28 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

It depends. Most people are impatient on their first grow (I'm assuming this is kenable187's first) and don't wait long enough to see growth before freaking out.

Some strains take longer than others to show any signs of mycelium and we have no idea what strain he's using or even how long ago he inoculated his jars. I don't think anybody should tell him/her to add more spore solution until he provides more information.

OfflineTheLightIsOn
In the worst ofall your fears

Re: Is it possible to add spores to non germinating jars??? [Re: Quake3]
    #6168541 - 10/14/06 10:37 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Depending on how long ago you inoculated, your stalled jars can mean two things. Either they are contaminated or the environment isn't right(FAE and/or temp).

--------------------
AFOAF's current multi-grow log

"In the privince of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or becomes true, within limits to be found experientially and experimentally.  These limits are further beliefs to be transcended.  In the province of the mind, there are no limits." -John C. Lilly

Offlinekenable187
Stranger
Re: Is it possible to add spores to non germinating jars??? [Re: Quake3]
    #6168548 - 10/14/06 10:39 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i inoculated it with the golden teacher strain (pystobe cubinsis)its been about 2 weeks and no whiteing at all or just a tiny bit. this is not my first time with this strain, iv been very successfull with 3 cakes so i have an idea of where its supposed to be given a specified time frame.
so do you guys think i should do it?
thanks for the support

Invisibleesdfsfd
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6170479 - 10/14/06 11:32 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheLightIsOn said:
Depending on how long ago you inoculated, your stalled jars can mean two things. Either they are contaminated or the environment isn't right(FAE and/or temp).

also, substrate could be either too wet or too dry.

Quote:

kenable187 said:
i inoculated it with the golden teacher strain (pystobe cubinsis)its been about 2 weeks and no whiteing at all or just a tiny bit. this is not my first time with this strain, iv been very successfull with 3 cakes so i have an idea of where its supposed to be given a specified time frame.
so do you guys think i should do it?
thanks for the support

if you have some colonization i would give it more time. what is the temp of the jars/area around the jars? this diagram may be helpful:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract