Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineestaesPACO
re-initiated

Loc: neither here nor there
Ihaveafuckinpredicamentman!!!
    #616762 - 04/23/02 08:16 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Let's see. I innoc'd 4 jars with B+ (a lot of it, too!! :wink:). That was 2 weeks and two days ago. Besides the one I lost to contamination, they were doing great for a week, but started to grow slowly. The jars still aren't fully colonized....They are all but bottoms colonized, but seem to have stalled.  I've done everything this past week....turning upside down....loosening lids, turning upside down with loose lids....everything.......Now, the little white bastards seem to have stopped.....what's the deal?

I have also innocc'd 10 jars of Gulf coast.....(same innoc time) 1 is 90% colonized, while the other 9 range from 10%-40% growth.  Is GC just a shady strain overall??

Peace,
Paco

P.S. brf/verm....mid 80's to low 90's Fahrenheit....heating pad..

--------------------
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently ." - Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Ihaveafuckinpredicamentman!!! [Re: estaesPACO]
    #616782 - 04/23/02 08:36 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

you should keep your jars at mid to low 80's...  if they stopped growin' for a while (no noticeable growth for 5-7 days), then just birth them early and cut off the uncolonized substrate with a clean knife.  i hope the GC isn't a shady strain... :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleREDnBLUEshrooms

Loc: Canada
Re: Ihaveafuckinpredicamentman!!! [Re: geokills]
    #616797 - 04/23/02 09:00 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

they havent stopped. this is common behavior. so dont freak out. ur problem is that ur cake isnt getting the oxygen it wants. u can't do anything about this now. just remember to not pack the the bottom and top so much the next to u grow. and if u didnt put a layer of DRY vermulite on the top, just before closing ur lids before sterilizing, do that next time.

i suggest that for these particular cakes, u do this:

clear out a closet or small 'enclosed' space. lysol it to hell, (this is to sterilize the closet so it will not contam ur bare cakes, which i've described below) at least 6 hours before putting ur cakes it there. then do as the previous guy said, although i personally wouldnt cut the top. once the mycelium gets the oygen it needs, it'll finish cultizating.

WOW, i actually finished writing.
i hope this helps you, and i also hope ur cakes turn out nice, goodluck

--------------------
~You gotta check out the Picture~
This Post is Fictional

OfflineestaesPACO
re-initiated

Loc: neither here nor there
Re: Ihaveafuckinpredicamentman!!! [Re: geokills]
    #616818 - 04/23/02 09:19 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well, Geo,....Keep the faith....Cause I just checked the GC jars about 5 minutes ago, (after loosening the lids 3 days ago and checking them last night) They really perked up!!!
All of them have at least 70% growth, and 1 has another 5 % to go before it's done.... I've heard that Gulfcoast benefits from cold-shocking. I was thinking of doing this in correlation with the Dunk tek....any suggestions on how to do this....should I even dunk while cold-shocking??

Well, as far as the B+ goes, there is some (albeit little) noticable growth....maybe it's just the bottom taking longer to colonize.... who knows.....Thanks guys.... I 'perciate it!!

Peace,
Paco

--------------------
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently ." - Nietzsche

Offlinefrank_grimes
Warrior of Corporate Bullshit
 User Gallery

Loc: Springfield, USA
    #616863 - 04/23/02 09:58 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

My dog has tried to grow Gulf Coast three times, he has only gotten one flush. It is a very difficult strain to grow. It doesn't grow well in imperfect conditions, like B+ can.

-Grimey

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #616977 - 04/24/02 01:00 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Gulf Coast are a bitch!

I think I found what they like.
72 to 76 degrees.
and really high humidity.....the higher the better....98+

I have had good luck with them....after messing around with heat and humidity.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags