Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheGreenLantern
Stranger
Will a finchseed cake fruit without casing?
    #616132 - 04/23/02 07:37 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Will a plain finch seed cake fruit or do you have to case seed? Im not sure what to do with my jars now that they are colonizing.

Edited by TheGreenLantern (04/23/02 07:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Will a finchseed cake fruit without casing? [Re: TheGreenLantern]
    #616197 - 04/23/02 09:22 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, it will. But casing would probably be better.

OfflineTheGreenLantern
Stranger
Re: Will a finchseed cake fruit without casing? [Re: Anno]
    #616204 - 04/23/02 09:27 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Anno. What would this place be without your expertise. Can you recomend a good/simple and inexpensive casing?

This is my first colonized cake ever and I don't want to screw it up now after all the patient waiting.

Edited by TheGreenLantern (04/23/02 09:36 AM)

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
    #616221 - 04/23/02 09:45 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i tried to get some birdseed cakes to fruit-i cased some as well-the cased ones fruited-the cakes of birdseed never fruited,before they got the green-they were the same strain from the same syringe-
try strain verm-you will already have it on hand-but you will be happy with 50/50

you can understand what im saying :smile: 

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

Edited by GaNjAShRooM (04/23/02 09:48 AM)

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: Will a finchseed cake fruit without casing? [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #616231 - 04/23/02 09:58 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

50/50 casing is simple and very productive.
good luck!

4-24-02
i'm afraid i have to agree with luvdem on this one (very scary thought). but i answered this exact question just about a week ago. in fact the name of the thread is "what does 50/50 mean?" so it had to show up if you only had done a search for "50/50" here's a link to thread:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=604163&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=XAZIA&Match=Username&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=604140
geez!

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Edited by XAZIA (04/24/02 10:04 AM)

OfflineTheGreenLantern
Stranger
Re: Will a finchseed cake fruit without casing? [Re: XAZIA]
    #616242 - 04/23/02 10:17 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Ok I did a search for 50/50 but everything that came up only referred to it as 50/50. So what is 50/50?

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Loc: Florida
Re: Will a finchseed cake fruit without casing? [Re: XAZIA]
    #616248 - 04/23/02 10:22 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I'm having good luck with Jiffy Mix (from Walmart) with a handful of oyster shell thrown in. I was using straight Jiffy, but my mushies were falling over. I'm having a lot better luck with the Jiffy. Had 2 great (and heavy) flushes over the weekend - GT & EQ. The Eq's did a little bending and curving, but never fell over. The Gt's were like little tree trunks - very stable. I recently got some oyster shell from Dr. BT and it is made up of noticeably bigger chunks than the stuff I can buy at the pet store. Haven't fruited any with the new shell yet, but anxious to see if there is any difference between the 2 products.
Also, if you buy the Jiffy Mix, make sure you get the regular stuff. They have a new one, that has extra stuff in it (the regular just has verm, peat & lime I believe). I think the new stuff is Jiffy Mix Plus - not sure, but get the regular one. Green & pink bag, Walmart usually has it in it's outdoor garden section.

--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #616513 - 04/23/02 03:26 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

My god man, show a little effort. Jere's the link to the main Shroomery page where there is a link to a grow/find section. With even a slight amount of effort you would have found it.

http://www.shroomery.com

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineTheGreenLantern
Stranger
Re: Will a finchseed cake fruit without casing? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #616516 - 04/23/02 03:30 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Fuck you asshole. Your the only one who complains around here. Get a life and a more positive attitude assfuck. People come here for help and you offer no help and only criticism. You must have a lot of friends.

Edited by TheGreenLantern (04/23/02 03:39 PM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Will a finchseed cake fruit without casing? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #616524 - 04/23/02 03:39 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Will a finchseed cake fruit without casing? [Re: Anno]
    #616530 - 04/23/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Calm down there, sparky.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #616534 - 04/23/02 03:57 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

First off, I don't go that way though it sounds like you might.

Second, I did help by posting the link.

Third, read more posts and you'll see I'm not the only one to complain.

Fourth, I have no use for people who are too lazy to take a few minutes to find an answer as easy to come across as that one.

Fifth, since your not the type of person that it seems would make a good friend, you have nothing to worry about.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates