Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Is this contamination?
    #616440 - 04/23/02 01:52 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, so my older brothers, girlfriends, 3rd cousin... Who is in no way interested in psychadelic mushrooms, and is growing shatake mushrooms using BRF and vermaculite in jars was wondering if this stuff is cob web mold, or myculium.
It doesnt look bright white as described by most people, more greyish, but it's colonizing at all the innoculation sites in all the (8) jars. Heres a pic from him, can you tell from this picture? Help him ; ^)

Thank you for helping a newbie to this hobbie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Is this contamination? [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #616482 - 04/23/02 02:49 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Try posting this in the contamination forum where it belongs.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: Is this contamination? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #616490 - 04/23/02 03:00 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I saw that after I posted here, and am at the moment remeding my mistake. Thanks though

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#616492 - 04/23/02 03:06 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

No i think this belongs here! It looks like mycelium to me.

If it doubles in size within the next day, or grows extremely fast, then its cobweb. If it takes a little while, like 4-10 more days its mycelium. you should be able to smell a little mushroomy scent, but i dont reccomend smelling your jars if you arent 100% .

Offlinein_control
Stranger
Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #616497 - 04/23/02 03:14 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

lookin' good to me. but it's a low grade scan job. so if ur still worried about it seperate it from the other jars, such as putting it in a different room, and wait till its ready to fruit.

when u take the cake out take a better look at it and compare it to the others. u'll know if it's gone bad.

good luck with it.

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: Is this contamination? [Re: angryshroom]
    #616508 - 04/23/02 03:23 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks all, just scared he'll fail his first time, and all 8 jars seems too good to be true, he was certain one of them would fail!

Whoops, now I have this post in 2 areas cause I tried to move it.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #616539 - 04/23/02 04:02 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Actually, it does look fine.

The point was when asking a contam question, it should go in the contam forum.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck