Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon HPS

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
Bonsai Marijuana
    #6163504 - 10/12/06 09:21 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Recently Ive been trying to find some information on bonsai marijuana... so now im looking forward for some replys from people who have grew some bonsai marijuana, by that i dont just mean by growing a topped plant , but by a plant theyve kept at maybe 1 or 2 feet tall and topped. I have a few questions on them, do you just always trim the top of the plant? and will they yield anything? Afoaf is thinking about tryin one with a flouro light... so im tryin to get him some information.

thanks to all that reply.

-sub

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: Bonsai Marijuana [Re: sublimistri]
    #6164162 - 10/13/06 12:24 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

this plant actually was stunted from a seedling by not giving it the rootspace. Its leaves stayed tiny.

Edited by cpw1971 (10/13/06 12:25 AM)

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Bonsai Marijuana [Re: cpw1971]
    #6165362 - 10/13/06 12:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i just low stress my plants to create a nice cola carpet :smile:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinetrumie04
Stranger
Re: Bonsai Marijuana [Re: coda]
    #6165732 - 10/13/06 02:29 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Sublimistri, you will need a much bigger light than that. The plant might grow just fine with what you have, but in order to get any buds worth smoking, you'll need at least 200w worth of floros. I'd suggest looking into HPS or MH lights. Good luck!! Peace!!

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Re: Bonsai Marijuana [Re: trumie04]
    #6165900 - 10/13/06 03:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

whats an mh light? hps's look kind of expensive at the moment ive been going through some hard times lately.. im really interested in bonsai though it seems cool.

cpw1971 - how exactly did u keep it small? what kind of lights... and you jus did some root cuttin and topping to the plants? Also how was that yield?

coda - i might look into low stress i seen a grow on it and it was nice.. but it doesnt really keep the plants small does it?

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #6166526 - 10/13/06 06:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

mh= metal halide and they are in the same price range as high pressure sodium.
that plant actually had stunted growth as a seedling and I had to keep it from dying in an aerocloner for a while. I didnt really have to prune it because it stayed small and bushed out on its own.
eventually they grew full size though after I put them under the 1000w hps.

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Re: Bonsai Marijuana [Re: cpw1971]
    #6166804 - 10/13/06 08:23 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

how do those mini plants yield? also where do you get those soil cylinders from or is that small pots?

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #6166904 - 10/13/06 09:08 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

they are in netpots with black foam inserts.
they wound up yielding like at least an ounce each in the end.

Offlineabsinthe_tek
Ex-cultivator
Male

Loc: USA
    #6176623 - 10/16/06 11:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

sublimistri -

I used to lurk the overgrow forums (R.I.P.).  They had an excellent article on bonsai marijuana plants.  Are you trying to just keep the thing as a mother plant to clone from or are you wanting to harvest from a smaller plant?  To really bonsai the thing you will need to keep it in a smaller pot (perhaps 9 inches) and trim the roots about every three months.  This stunts it and promotes secondary root growth.  This is also how you would bonsai a tree.  If you just want to harvest from a small plant, top a lot and start flowering early as bonsai methods won't really help you.  I hope this is some help to you.  :grin:

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Re: Bonsai Marijuana [Re: absinthe_tek]
    #6177489 - 10/17/06 07:19 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

nice info, hes thinkin about doing some lsts when he gets his seeds.

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
    #6178479 - 10/17/06 02:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"Bonsai" marijuana is easily achieved by limiting environmental conditions.

Basically, you can have plants, with buds... no taller than 4 inches.

I have 5-6 "bowl plants" --they have about enough weed on them for a bowl-- which are no taller than 8 inches. They are like dinky little seedlings. They key is to use cuttings, and once rooted immediately limit their environment (light, rootspace and nutrient -minor- deprevations seem to do it...) Once they begin to bud from lack of light, you can bump them up to a flowering regiment...

Another phenotype I've grown and have seen, unintentionally, in friends' gardens is the "palm tree." Palm tree phenotype consists on a small, branchless plant with one bud at the terminal of the main (and only) stalk. It obviously has a weak yield of approximately one nugget, but it looks cool. From what I've seen, "palm trees" almost always have red stalks which may indicate some serious nitrogen deficiency.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon HPS

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden