Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemungojerry
free as a bird
Male User Gallery
Loc: Nappy Dub
just another cliche hippie concept
    #6160869 - 10/12/06 02:53 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I feel like the mother of the world with 2 children fighting.....

What could bring peace to America? I say America and not the world because we have to take baby steps and many would follow Americas example

Do you think more mushroom use or legalization or decriminalization of weed would help? Perhaps another Leary would help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Re: just another cliche hippie concept [Re: mungojerry]
    #6160961 - 10/12/06 04:12 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

no, i don't think it would help. most of the people i know who use drugs, take them recreationally and their drug use is detrimental to themselves and to society. even those people i know who are aware of the spiritual affects of marijuana and shrooms, still tend to abuse them and use them recreationally. i myself have also been guilty of this as well. i don't believe the legalization of drugs would help to transform our society, although im not necessary opposed to it because prohibition doesn't solve the drug problem either.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: just another cliche hippie concept [Re: porcupine]
    #6161013 - 10/12/06 04:54 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

isnt the defining line between spiritual and recreational usage of mushrooms kind of defined after the trip?

you cant sit down, eat some mushrooms and say "I am going to lick the face of God".

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: just another cliche hippie concept [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6161135 - 10/12/06 06:35 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

> you cant sit down, eat some mushrooms and say "I am going to lick the face of God".

I have no problem speaking after eating mushrooms.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6161482 - 10/12/06 09:52 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Do you think more mushroom use or legalization or decriminalization of weed would help? Perhaps another Leary would help

It certainly wouldn't hurt. :wink:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: just another cliche hippie concept [Re: Icelander]
    #6161532 - 10/12/06 10:08 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Realistically, the use of such substances probably wouldn't bring peace to America. It may reduce crime or have other effects, but I doubt it would bring lasting peace. I think massive change on an individual level, a new paradigm with a total reshuffling of values would need to occur. Mushrooms and LSD and mescaline (et al) CAN do this, but just think about your own experience. Not everyone who uses these substances has such paradigm-shifting experiences. IME, those people have actually been significantly in the minority. Most people use these substances recreationally and that's what they get out of the experience.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #6161647 - 10/12/06 10:44 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

LSD has much more potential to affect people than mushrooms, but even that wouldn't work. Some kids would end up in the hospital after a bad trip probably, and then it'd just be demonized again.

The only hope for this country is that people will be able to see things more rationally, more scientific and more in perspective to what would benefit the world. When a majority of citizens in your country literally believe Jesus will return within a century and bring about the end of the world, why would anyone care what negative impacts they make on the world today?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: just another cliche hippie concept [Re: dblaney]
    #6161917 - 10/12/06 12:15 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney said:
Realistically, the use of such substances probably wouldn't bring peace to America. It may reduce crime or have other effects, but I doubt it would bring lasting peace. I think massive change on an individual level, a new paradigm with a total reshuffling of values would need to occur. Mushrooms and LSD and mescaline (et al) CAN do this, but just think about your own experience. Not everyone who uses these substances has such paradigm-shifting experiences. IME, those people have actually been significantly in the minority. Most people use these substances recreationally and that's what they get out of the experience.

Ah, to have the power to confer simultaneous Peak Experience to the masses.

:tongue: :mushroom2:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineMaitereya
bohemian

Re: just another cliche hippie concept [Re: Ravus]
    #6161940 - 10/12/06 12:19 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

"what would bring peace to america?"
a total change of consciousness among the majority of society.

the idea of another leary might work. i read that leary tried setting up lsd parlors around the states where there would be profesional spiritual guides to help. this would help change america faster. of course this idea isnt too popular with the power holders.

legalization would just reduce paranoia and make it easier to get drugs. ken kesey used lsd for pure recreation and imo he screwed up.

i read lsd was the '2nd coming of christ'

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #6162984 - 10/12/06 05:11 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mungojerry said:
I feel like the mother of the world with 2 children fighting.....

What could bring peace to America? I say America and not the world because we have to take baby steps and many would follow Americas example

to me that is really sort of an interesting analogy.
alot of people don't understand god or can't communicate with god, and the same with people and children.
children are often misunderstood by society, or incommunicable.

maybe you should answer the question what would you do if your two children were fighting.

if a person is born to walk with god, they will do so whether or not acid is present. but acid often manifests as one means to do so, for some people.
but this thread isn't really about god so much as it is peace.

and i think that lsd and pot both do have a power of bring peace to most places.
and along those lines, if a person can find peace, and learn to share peace with their family and neighbors and community, this in turn does effect the world on a wider global scale, as if by osmosis.

i think this world needs honest leaders- people who can say things simply and succinctly, so everyone can agree and understand.

--------------------

Law of Love

Invisiblemungojerry
free as a bird
Male User Gallery
Re: just another cliche hippie concept [Re: dblaney]
    #6162988 - 10/12/06 05:13 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

There is a possibility with the proper direction that recreational use becomes spiritual use, on a large scale level. I read something in the paper about mushrooms that a study was done that like 40% of everyone who took mushrooms had a spiritual trip. So almost half of everyone had a spiritual experience and not so much a recreational one. So I think with the proper guidance we COULD accompish something great.

The paper said the only bad side was that 33% had bad trips. However, they said doing them at home would greatly reduce those numbers.

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

#6163015 - 10/12/06 05:23 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yes psychadelics definately open up the mind to view the spirit world.
but you'll also notice, you can have an amazing life changing trip, and a week or two later, the brunt of the force of enlightenment fades and is gone. (therefore a need to trip at least once a week)

i see a huge spiritual movement involved with psychadelic culture true, but just because people become aware of the spirit world doesn't really change anything.

a person can be spiritual, and understand spiritual sciences, but if they don't apply it to their everyday life, it means nothing.
and most of the "spiritual" people i know do that.
they are loving and peaceful, and wise about spiritual matters, but meanwhile they still follow along tightly integrated with the lie-cycle, the establishment, the meaningless job, etc...

i guess what i'm saying is the world doesn't need more spiritually involved people. it doesn't need a mass awakening.
it just needs a dozen or so people to actually get busy and communicate with God, and work his powers through the world.
and this happens regardless of LSD use.
(still ZERO acid in seattle, you bastards! lol)

one or two people alone can accomplish something GREAT-
a miracle of epic proportion.
and nobody needs to know about it but God and the few lovers of God.

Invisiblemungojerry
free as a bird
Male User Gallery
Re: just another cliche hippie concept [Re: Telepylus]
    #6163870 - 10/12/06 09:08 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

it was going so great till you brought in god

Invisiblemungojerry
free as a bird
Male User Gallery
    #6163889 - 10/12/06 09:12 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

you know it does say in the bible to obey the laws of your land

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

#6163941 - 10/12/06 09:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

true.
but it also says obey God.
and when God says defy the law, then you do it.
obviously, jesus broke tons of laws, that is why he was crucified.
i wouldn't have mentioned god if you'd posted in psychadelic experience forum, or politics and law.
sorry i got in the way, lol.

--------------------

Law of Love

Invisiblemungojerry
free as a bird
Male User Gallery
    #6164208 - 10/12/06 10:36 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

god says defy the law?

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

#6164325 - 10/12/06 11:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

all the time.
jesus defied the law of the sanhedron many times.
he also defied the law of ceasar.
sorta depends on how you wanna define the word law.
there is the law of god, the commandments, which sorta changed when christ came.

laws don't mean shit, they are worldly.
obey god.
that means obeying your spouse and the honesty in your heart.
THE LAW OF LOVE.

Liber Tzaddi-
15. I have hidden myself beneath a mask: I am a black and terrible God.
16. With courage conquering fear shall ye approach me: ye shall lay down your heads upon mine altar, expecting the sweep of the sword.
17. But the first kiss of love shall be radiant on your lips; and all my darkness and terror shall turn to light and joy.
18. Only those who fear shall fail. Those who have bent their backs to the yoke of slavery until they can no longer stand upright; them will I despise.
19. But you who have defied the law; you who have conquered by subtlety or force; you will I take unto me, even I will take you unto me.

--------------------

Law of Love

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
    #6164607 - 10/13/06 01:02 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Drug use could reveal to the public how much assraping they do to oneanother and henceforth manifest a lifestyle which isn't controlled by puppets of the new world order.

It needs to be done on a much larger scale though. Legalization wont work. People will still fear it, themselves and everybody else.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Re: just another cliche hippie concept [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6164702 - 10/13/06 01:58 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

psilocyberin said:
isnt the defining line between spiritual and recreational usage of mushrooms kind of defined after the trip?

you cant sit down, eat some mushrooms and say "I am going to lick the face of God".

well i don't know about that, didn't timothy leary's experiments reveal that far more people had spiritual experiences if the setting was religious (for instance a church)? basically, if you plan for a spiritual experience i think youre more likely to have one than if you simply take the drugs for a high. but that wasn't my point anyway, my point was that in my experiences psychedelic drugs don't really affect that many people in a good way. they don't magically make people become enlightened. i know many people who use(d) them and only one of these people became changed by them. in fact i know many more people who abused them and suffered as a result, than people who were enligtened by them. i know alcoholics and cocaine users who enjoy psychedelics but go right back to their alcohol or cocaine when the trip wears off. they don't have some magical experience whereby they realize they should change their ways. i know people who take large amounts of psychedelics but would laugh at the idea that they could be used for positive things or give people spiritual experiences.

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: just another cliche hippie concept [Re: porcupine]
    #6164734 - 10/13/06 02:17 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The world setting isn't about peace and love anymore.

Its about me, my shit, my stuff, my dreams, my thoughts, my arguements, my fears, my hopes, my envy, my fear and loathing, my gizmoes, my computers, my network, my broadband capacity, my internet service provider, my appartment, my room, my carpet, my door, my car, my gas-price, their pollution, my backyard, my grass, my dope, my tv, my tv-channels, my shows, my paycheck, my money, my bank-account, my remote control, my playstation/xbox/nintendo, my colors, my hallucinations, my delusions, my drugs, my feelings, my hair, my skin, my greatness, my care, my empathy, my social life, my friends, my tension, my rumours, my reputation, my intensity, my jokes, my laughs, my clothes, my socks, my shoes, my wine, my booze, my beer, my parties, my fun, my score, my game, my tires, my hubcaps, my suspensions, my brakes, my oil, my gas, my milage, my work, my job, my colleagues, my shit, my spazz, my toilet paper, my toothbrush, my teeth, my look, my crock, my crack, my me, my you, me oh my.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom