Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

To those who have kids..
    #612544 - 04/19/02 12:33 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

What do you do if you have kids?(which I dont). Im assuming you get a babysitter for the night.
Any horror stories of a crying baby being around when you were tripping balls?
I'd never ever trip around a kid myself but I'm sure someone has and maybe has some advice for those that may be thinking about it.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: To those who have kids.. [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #612808 - 04/19/02 09:54 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I don't trip around my kids. Having to worry about something happening and snap out of a trip to handle it aren't good for your mind set and more importantly, your children. I'll go to my friend's house or some other place where I don't have to worry about anything. I give my wife a night out with her friends and she gives me a night out with my friends or we get a trusted babysitter to spend the night and we go out someplace and get a room.

Edited by evolving (04/19/02 09:57 AM)

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #613395 - 04/20/02 12:08 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I think if your not a straight mind you shouldn't watch your kid/s. If 1 parent is straight it could be ok if it's late and the child is sleeping. I know this girl who thinks it's fun to play with her kid tripping, thats freaky to me. I would think even with a babysitter you would be paranoid that something may happen and you would have to go get them. Good question, wish more people woud answer....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: To those who have kids.. [Re: egolesss]
    #615071 - 04/21/02 10:04 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hell, its' sad you get 100 veiws and 2 replies, It's a touchy subject, but 80 percent of americans have kids and this could be a great moral and sociological thread...................

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Post deleted by Anno [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #615891 - 04/22/02 10:46 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: To those who have kids.. [Re: ]
    #615954 - 04/23/02 12:07 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

If/when I ever have kids (shit, that's at least ten years down the road...) I will not trip around them at all.

Remember Trainspotting where they all wake up from their heroin slumbers to find the baby dead (for a few days?) in the crib? That's honestly the only scene from any movie I have ever seen that I actually found disturbing.

Someone else's life is nothing to gamble with. And when the person is an infant, young child, or just someone who needs you to survive...then anything that inhibits your responsibility to that person is a form of abuse towards that person.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #616235 - 04/23/02 10:09 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

hmmmm.....
well, several years ago (when visiting friends in the rocky mountains) m'lady & I & the other couple floated the kids off to a babysitter's place for the evening while we sipped psillycider (& got seriously out there...) --- when the carpet stopped undulating, we went & reclaimed them...
ummmm, a couple points... one, while peaking, i suppose i/we coulda "coped" but really would rather not... & two, (as shulgin pointed out) it's awfully easy to transmit a "contact high" to people (including kids) nearby... (shucks, before my kids started toking up, i could notice my daughter copping a contact buzz sometimes just from me coming home stoned... and i figured tripping would be even moreso, hmmm?
ymmv...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: To those who have kids.. [Re: gnrm23]
    #616328 - 04/23/02 11:52 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

That's another good point. When and how should your kids be introduced to psychedelics?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #616350 - 04/23/02 12:22 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe I'm just fucked up, but I don't really see anything wrong with tripping around your children ... as long as certain criteria are met. First, they have to be young enough to not know what drugs are about. Second, you have something to fall back on in case something happened, like maybe your spouse would be sober. The only risk that I see would be if you started having a bad time you wouldn't want your kids to see you freak out. But beyond that I don't see the harm. I bet you'd transmit some really loving vibes and you'd both have a great time.

OfflineUnknown
Confused,dizzy,wheream I again?
Re: To those who have kids.. [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #617240 - 04/24/02 09:44 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I've played with my little sister while tripping.She didn't seem to notice besides the fact that I was really playful.Shes 8,and it was pretty fun.

--------------------
The above is just like,my opinion man

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: To those who have kids.. [Re: trendal]
    #617284 - 04/24/02 10:56 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

when and how...
well, dr hoffman sez trips are for middle-aged & older folks...
ideally, one should at least be in a position to be self-supporting finacially (& in no danger of losing one's employment...)
more often, college seems to be the place to learn to trip (but will you graduate in 4 years?) (that's where i first dosed -- but i didn't manage to graduate in 4 years)
high school or junior high --- well, lotsa kids do, but... i dunno... guitarist bobby weir was in h.s. when he started trippin' & joined the grateful dead... but dosing while that young may have effects on personaity development ("jelling" as it were...)
learning other methods of inducing ASCs (meditation, hypnosis, dervish dancing, breathwork, maithuna, martial arts, float tank work, etc...............) and extended readings in the fields of drugs, religion, psychology, biology, history, mythology, etcetcetc...) ...and a supportive environment where there is no danger of societal wrath (angry parents, cops, unmuzzled mindfuckers, etc...)
~~~
ummm, has anybody here read huxley's last novel _island_ ???
~~~
my daughter has friends with connections for oxycontins & wu-sticks... and my son has a couple of younger friends who have dosed on acid... my witness to these kids is that i was of voting age the first time i dosed (and looking back, still could have waited...), not living at home, and had done at least a little bit of research on psychedelics and on ASCs, mind sciences, religion, etc... and i still wasn't "ready" (can one ever really be "ready" ?) ...and then they want to know if it is "fun" ...jeez, fun can be part of it... but getting psychedelicized is quite often a good deal more than "goofin' out & gettin a buzz-on"...
so the bookshelf is avaalable to the kiids: BE HERE NOW, _pharmacotheon_, _the natural mind_, island_, _stranger in a strange land_, ummmm no doubt a few more...
ummmm, and i tell 'em to visit the shroomery & other websites that might give them a clue before they jump into the deep end of the pool (so to speak...) --- and please avoid strong narcotics, useless stimulants, deleriogens, and disassociative anesthetics until you are old enough to call 911 for yourself, ok?
and then i talk about rooms that "they" put you in and "you" don't have the key (especially jails & mental hospitals, dig?)
ymmv...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineUnknown
Confused,dizzy,wheream I again?
Re: To those who have kids.. [Re: gnrm23]
    #617642 - 04/24/02 05:52 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Choosing to trip is a personal decision,and I agree alot of people get into it for the wrong reason.But there is no set age,or other criteria for when one "should" or "shouldn't" trip.I myself started at 16.I was not in school,currently am still not,but I was employed fulltime.I have experience with a variety of psychedelics,am well researched,and also have experience with "strong narcotics" including heroin,stimulants,deliriogens,and dissociative anestetics,which have caused no medical,or lawful problem with me.Every form of drug has its own place,and just because one trips does not mean that all other drugs are bad,or should be excluded from your life.I also had previous experience with mental hospitals from the age of 7,and prisons,later for a crime I did not commit.I feel tripping has improved alot of things for me and shown me things I would otherwise have never seen.Its a personal decision you need to make for yourself in a responsible mature manner and is not the realm exclusively of the middle aged.Thats just my 2 cents though.

--------------------
The above is just like,my opinion man

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: To those who have kids.. [Re: Unknown]
    #618470 - 04/25/02 02:00 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

i ahve three children, age 7, 3, and 1. i have day tripped around them. but day tripping for me is different. a day trip is 2 grams or less. just one of those groovy feeling trips. we go to parks, blow bubbles (tons of fun) fly kites, build sandcastles, etc. i never trip hard 3 grams or over unless my kids are at a babysitter. and the only people who watch my kids are my mother and their fathers mother. but after a great 8 gram trip and piccking them up from the babysitter we have just as much fun because i love to do the same things with afterglow as i do with the 1 to 2 gram trips.

especially during the summer. i have a big radio flyer wagon and i pack my two smaller kids in the wagon and we go to jazz festivals, reggae concerts, art festivals, poetry readings.

let me qualify this though. i have been tripping for about 15 years now, i don't think it would be a good idea for those who are just begining to know how it feels to trip to begin by tripping around their children. i guess i'm really a millenium hipster and my life and daily activities are centered around a brain that has tripped for 15 years. you can't understand the mind of a user!

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Edited by XAZIA (04/25/02 02:03 PM)

OfflineJust a Punk
Shithawk

Loc: Canada
Re: To those who have kids.. [Re: Unknown]
    #619124 - 04/26/02 05:20 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Personally I think psychedelics should be given to all young people. Sort of like a coming of age thing. The native indians did this routinely. And I don't mean like at the age of 11. I mean like 17 or 18.

The thing is, kids usually discover these things for themselves these days. I know I did.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
:B

Edited by Just a Punk (04/26/02 05:22 AM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: To those who have kids.. [Re: Just a Punk]
    #619351 - 04/26/02 10:43 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Albert Hoffmann believed that psychedelics should not be used by those who's psyche is still developing. In LSD: My Problem Child he comments on a dinner he once had with Tim Leary. He gave his view on psychedelics and how they should only be used by those who's psyche is fully developed and are thus able to cope with the stronger aspects of a trip more easily than someone who is still in development. Leary apparently countered this by saying that teens in North America are forced to develop faster than those in Europe, and are thus ready to use psychedelics at an earlier age.

--------------------

Offlinelilbird
pleezr's pleezr
    #640619 - 05/22/02 02:14 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

it depends on how hard i wanted to trip...
sometimes when my kid has gone to sleep for the nite, my bf and i will eat a small dose and sit around. no more than like 2 grams though.
if we wanted to eat more, than we definetly get a babysitter. but we make sure when the lil one is asleep, that we're not too far gone to be able to "snap" out of it if neccessary.
as long as you don't loose your head........

--------------------
"You can fool some people sometimes,
but you can't fool all the people all the time."

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #640636 - 05/22/02 02:46 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

>I don't trip around my kids. Having to worry about something happening and snap out of a trip to handle it aren't good for your mind set and more importantly, your children. I'll go to my friend's house or some other place where I don't have to worry about anything. I give my wife a night out with her friends and she gives me a night out with my friends or we get a trusted babysitter to spend the night and we go out someplace and get a room.

You go out of the house to have sex? Is that what i gather from the last line? I think there is nothing wrong with a child being exposed to sex ... well, not EXPOSED. I think it's a basic part of life, and it's nothing to be ashamed about. By the way, love your new avatar.

OfflineMushroomBoy123
enthusiast

Loc: Wa
Re: To those who have kids.. [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #640656 - 05/22/02 03:07 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Psychedelics is the last thing I would want my kids to do or be around. Thats just me though....

--------------------
There is a Fungus amoung us.

Anonymous

Re: To those who have kids.. [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #640736 - 05/22/02 04:16 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

You go out of the house to have sex?
The thread is about tripping around your kids, not sex. We get a room and trip (yes, that may actually include sex). When on family vacations, we've had sex with the kids in the room after we were sure they were asleep (when they were too small to be in a room alone).

Well, I assume you knew this anyway (the original meaning of my post) and were just being humorous. By the way, I've always loved your avatar - damn funny lookin' critter.

Offlinegratefulme

#640826 - 05/22/02 05:31 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I made the mistake of tripping around my son once. He was three and had already went to bed. I droped a ten lot of acid, and my wife tool 5 hits. Just as I was peaking My son woke up. He had a cold which deceided to surface then. He had flim built up in his throat, and couldn't cough it up. He was gagging and couldn't breath.He even started to turn blue. I was faced with the problem of taking him to the hospital, and possibly getting him taken away. Luckly my in-laws lived on the way to the hospital. I had them meat us there, and they brought him in. Needless to say I will never trip around him again. Bad karma.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder