Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mongolia
temperture for incubation of PF TEK
    #6156236 - 10/10/06 09:35 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I have seem several different reference mention the temp can be from anywhere between 70-85F.  Is it better to be a little warmer than cooler, I remember something about as long as it is not overheated, higher is better?? :laugh: :blush: :smile: :cool:

--------------------
Its all about perspective.....spend more time "being, less time "doing"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: temperture for incubation of PF TEK [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6156259 - 10/10/06 09:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

84F

anywhere within a couple of degress is fine too

Edited by Atheist (10/10/06 09:39 PM)

OfflineCantiSama

#6156260 - 10/10/06 09:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

shoot for 82

--------------------
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.

OfflineDrMario
Head-Shrinker
Male User Gallery

Re: temperture for incubation of PF TEK [Re: CantiSama]
    #6156476 - 10/10/06 10:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I like RR's theory on keeping it cooler to avoid contamination growth. Higher temps DO seem to make your cakes colonize quicker. That said, mold spore grow quicker too.

I am shooting for colonization of my jars at room temperature, which goes from 73-76F.

But I think they'll colonize, like you said, from 70F to 85F or so. Probably even at higher temps. The time it takes seems to have to do with temp, the temps that are in the higher range would be quicker to colonize. Meanwhile, the lower temps are slower to colonize.

I'm by no means an expert, but that's what I've gained from reading.

Good luck!

:mariopeace:

--------------------
"Hence in the wise leader's plans, considerations of advantage and of disadvantage will be blended together." -Sun Tzu

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #6156534 - 10/10/06 11:01 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I never used a incubater at all
keeping it simple works well
My temps have allways been between 72-74 after inoculation and they did just fine that way
Most all of my casings are open air casings also
I use saran wrap to keep the humidity right
I had just a sliver open at the top when i grew these Copes
It was my first attempt with Copes  :smirk:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: temperture for incubation of PF TEK [Re: OldSpice]
    #6156576 - 10/10/06 11:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

very nice....interesting feedback...one of the reasons why I thought it was important was that it is the 10F drop and some light that kick starts the fruiting....so I thought that it would be better to have the higher temp....say like my incubator can be set to 76 or 78 or 82...whatever I want....but seems like its not really necessary.

Anyhow, I am so stoked about this....I'm like a kid all over....haven't done shrooms in over 20 years....and now I'm gonna be making my own....way to wild! :smile: :laugh: :cool:

--------------------

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: temperture for incubation of PF TEK [Re: DrMario]
    #6156589 - 10/10/06 11:13 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

interesting....DrMario. I had not thought of that I have my incubation chamber set for 82....but based on what you said....maybe should lower that to 78....just to control the contams....certainly do not want to encourage that. Sterlization is done....the jars are cooling, looks real good right now....I'm thnkn I might let them sit overnight, and then inoculate in the morning, have 4 options, costa rican, amazonian, ecuadorian, and Maza. Was gonna start with Ecuadorian but could be convinced otherwise. Haven't done shrooms in over 20 years....am I stoked or what...this is like being a kid all over again....

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #6156621 - 10/10/06 11:27 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I cut my teeth with Roadkill as my teacher
I adopted Joshuas teknique on casing after that
I still do the old PF Tek with plastic jars

I do popcorn if i wanna do huge casings spawned to poo

Its a good hobby  :stoned: :mushroom2:
Reefer and shrooms is all a person needs anyway :smile:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: temperture for incubation of PF TEK [Re: OldSpice]
    #6156643 - 10/10/06 11:36 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

thks Alounacara .... I'm doing a small herb gro as well...just taking care of myself after 17 years of marriage....including a stint with alcohol abuse...too scared of street stuff....and protecting my career.....but now a new chapter. I'm so pumped...its amazing the sharing of info and experience. Couldn't do that in the same way in the 70's and 80's....and as a hobby...its gonna be so much fun.

--------------------

Offline5t3v3
sirsmokesalot
Male User Gallery

#6156670 - 10/10/06 11:46 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

my grow log [Re: 5t3v3]
    #6157149 - 10/11/06 05:55 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

October 10 - well here we go.  6 half pint PF TEK jars (rye flour and verm) have been prepared, sterilized and inoculated (Ecuadorian).  Off to incubation.  I will try and keep the temp 75-80, and we'll see what happens.  I will post pics when there is something to show.  Now the waiting game..... :cheer:  :toast:

--------------------

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

plastic jars? [Re: OldSpice]
    #6157156 - 10/11/06 06:01 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

quick question for you, Alounacara - you mention the plastic jars - and they look in the pics like regular food storage containers.  How do you sterilize these?  :smile:

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: plastic jars? [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6157174 - 10/11/06 06:22 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I don't care what anyone here says mycelium grow fastest at 84-86F and thats a fact! Contams are not an issue unless your technique is flawed anther fact! There are more than one reason to incubate besides the obvious. I myself would rather be harvesting than sitting waiting how about you?

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineWestnile
Disease yo!

Re: plastic jars? [Re: hyphae]
    #6157350 - 10/11/06 08:41 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, I incubate and I think its a good idea. Its wayyyyy faster. I guess if your really busy and shit then it doesnt really matter, but if its your only grow and your wanting to get high, you totally want that shit as fast as possible. 84 seems like a good temp. I had my shit burning up at 90 for a bit the other day by accident and no harm done.

Offlinespeeddealer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: temperture for incubation of PF TEK [Re: 5t3v3]
    #6157630 - 10/11/06 10:41 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

5t3v3 said:

This is a good graph, it's an excerpt from Stamets' 'The Mushroom Cultivator' book which I just finished. To all who use a TiT, be mindful that the TiT with just a few jars, you can keep them temp right at 86 with no problems. I have about 4 dozen PF jars in my TiT now and the temp routinely reaches 88, even though I turned the aquarium heater down to 80. (also tried a different brand heater, same results) These jars ARE making some heat! (I've seen posts to the contrary, but these guys are going exothermic!

Also, be mindful of the fact that that once you move past the 'sweet spot' of 86, mycelial growth slows down substantially. In other words, 84 is better than 88 degrees if you are having problems regulating the temps. Two degrees either way is not the same, 84 is better than 88...slightly, but better nonetheless in terms of linear mycleial growth. One thing that the graph and the book does not mention is what TIME RANGE those growths took place over (12 hours, 24 hours, etc?) I mean if mycelium are growing 30 mm, is that one day or two?

Offlinemrsage
new hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Closer
Re: temperture for incubation of PF TEK [Re: speeddealer]
    #6157642 - 10/11/06 10:46 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I dont think the graph is meant to be interpreted as a certain number of mm/hour, day, etc... It's median growth in independent grows based on temperature, isn't it?

I set my TiT heater to 80 and let it fluctuate between 76-84 as a result. When I do use jars they colonize at a crazy fuckin' rate. It's not gonna hurt to just throw them on a shelf in the closet, but like ^^^ said, would you rather wait or harvest? A TiT can be made for about 12 bucks.

--------------------

Yea maybe sometimes I do feel like shit
I aint happy about it, but I'd rather feel like shit
...than be full of shit! - Suicidal Tendencies

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: temperture for incubation of PF TEK [Re: speeddealer]
    #6157741 - 10/11/06 11:16 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

speeddealer said:
Quote:

5t3v3 said:

This is a good graph, it's an excerpt from Stamets' 'The Mushroom Cultivator' book which I just finished. To all who use a TiT, be mindful that the TiT with just a few jars, you can keep them temp right at 86 with no problems. I have about 4 dozen PF jars in my TiT now and the temp routinely reaches 88, even though I turned the aquarium heater down to 80. (also tried a different brand heater, same results) These jars ARE making some heat! (I've seen posts to the contrary, but these guys are going exothermic!

Also, be mindful of the fact that that once you move past the 'sweet spot' of 86, mycelial growth slows down substantially. In other words, 84 is better than 88 degrees if you are having problems regulating the temps. Two degrees either way is not the same, 84 is better than 88...slightly, but better nonetheless in terms of linear mycleial growth. One thing that the graph and the book does not mention is what TIME RANGE those growths took place over (12 hours, 24 hours, etc?) I mean if mycelium are growing 30 mm, is that one day or two?

Ialso set my temps lower 80-82F when incubators are full it just makes mycosense!

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags